PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76739)

kalel410 08-12-2009 07:33 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache

Thanks! Let us know what you find out the button 5 issue and the CVC uninstall if you get a chance to check it out.

By the way, between yesterday afternoon and evening, my phone hung up 2 or 3 times. (black screen, unresponsive except for the LEDs were still flashing). I'm trying to find a correlation between what was running on the phone and the hangs. It's been working fairly hang-free for days, I'm not sure what happened yesterday. Mind you, I did add VC 1.6 to the phone yesterday, but with the phone in my pocket, I can't see that VC would've been running and caused a hang, especially with the phone in lock mode before it goes into my pocket.

But, I should also note that in the old days (WM5), I would get lots of hangs and it was usually because the phone was in locked mode. It wouldn't always come out of lock mode (i.e., screen black and I couldn't tap "unlock".) I've been using lock mode on the wm6.1 install now (the standard, built-in lock... nothing fancy), and it might be the cause of the hangs, as I generally lock the phone before it goes in my pocket. That could be it. It was just behaving well the past several days, so I don't know why yesterday was different.

Kalel

sameatskittens 09-06-2009 03:05 PM

I'm new to all this. I just ordered my Apache offline a few days ago, so i was going to download the programs i needed to update it when it got here. I have no idea how to though. I don't know how to "Cook" ROMS or whatever, and buildOS is confusing. Help?

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-07-2009 10:53 PM

Hi, please read all the guides for upgrading your phone. There are two options, use pre-made flashable ROMS like mine or using BuildOS. It's not too hard to use, just use the programs updater and download the stuff then select the apps you want, cook it up and flash.

yomega 09-09-2009 10:23 PM

My question is must the phone be activated before the upgrade? I can't get wm5 back on mine, and I want to try this rom. I'm curious if i can activate it afterwards. its been activated before, but it decided to quit working, and now I don't know if it will work correctly after I flash this rom. I hope so.

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-10-2009 02:03 AM

You can always get WM5 back on, did you revert bootloader to v2.05 to v2.02 and now you can't flash to stock? It's easy, just take out the ROM nbf and put it in a NoID RUU.

The phone has to be on WM5 if you use MSL on Sprint, but it looks like it's been done if you go into the ESPT.

pio_masaki 09-10-2009 01:07 PM

Yeah, call sprint, when they ask you to enter in ##whatever6numbers# you say OK and you actually type in ##778# then enter in your msl (they mentioned it in the previous step as the ##6digitnumber# code.

Works out nicely if you write down your ESN (both versions though they tend to ask for DEC) then enter in the ##778# code, hit Edit, then at the MSL code screen, call sprint, then as they say to type in their code, type the NUMBERS ONLY into that box, EPST menu comes up, go into NAM Settings, then when they say the MDN it's under Mobile Directory Number, this is your phone number including area code, no spaces or marks just xxxxxxxxxx. you can preset this if you like or just wait for them to say it to you. Next is MSID, it's 5th down from the top, this you have to pay attention to what they say or your phone won't work at all with sprint. After that hit exit, reset yes, yes, phone resets and your programmed without their code and menu.

Think I'll toss out a walkthrough for this for the others who want to activate a flashed phone without reflashing to stock first.

yomega 09-10-2009 09:42 PM

Yay, I have everything working, however internet doesn't work. Unless activesync'd. It won't do the dailing connection to use it. Its annoying me, lol.

pio_masaki 09-11-2009 02:46 AM

for the internet just call sprint, tell them you just hard reset the phone and the internet stopped working, they can set it up over the air, usually works within an hour.

DeeLnyc 10-24-2009 12:17 AM

I followed your directions and 6.1 loaded but with one issue.
When it loads 6.1 there's an error stating :
The file "sddaemon" cannot be opened.
Now I can't access "contacts". When I press it, I see the Contacts on top and the X but it just doesn't load up.
I played with everything and it's awesome except for that one part.
Any ideas? thanks

yomega 10-28-2009 06:14 AM

Have everything working. Only issue now is when the device is locked, I can't put it into stand-by, it tends to not come back out. A soft reset is required to get the phone working again. Any ideas?