PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76739)

PDAPhoneJunkie 07-28-2009 01:29 PM

PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache

Hi guys. Here is a clean ROM I put together for the Apache using build 20755. It's an older build, but runs very nice and smooth. Thanks to those involved in putting the build together. Since this is a clean ROM, there are minimal programs in it, to ensure it will run smoothly, and also so you can start small then add whatever programs you'd like.

Programs included:
MS Office
Solitaire & Bubble Breaker
HTC Smart Dialing

How to flash:
1. Check your bootloader, then download the appropriate ROM below.
2. Put the phone in bootloader (Power button+Record button+Stylus in reset hole).
3. Plug into computer, if on Vista open Windows Mobile Device Center and shut off USB Connections.
4. Run the excutable in the ROM folder.
5. When done hard reset (two soft keys+Stylus in reset hole) and enjoy the ROM!

Links:
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02
v2.02-v2.04-v2.05

This is a generic ROM so it works for all carriers, you might however want to hit the reset whole upon first boot up. When you see "OEM Customizations will start in 3 seconds", hit te reset whole. If you would like a specfic carrier ROM, post down below or drop me a P.M. and I will post it.

If you need a more detailed flashing guide or run into issues, please read my guides, link for those in my signature. If you can't find help, drop me a message.

Requested ROMs:

CricKet only:
v1.00-v1.02-v1.04
v2.02-v2.04-v2.05

richyrich24 07-28-2009 02:50 PM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache

the site didnt work my friend

richyrich24 07-28-2009 02:53 PM

aight PDA its good to go your my boy if you get down on the PS3 or Xbox u can find me PS3 i.d. richyrich24 xbox i.d. lastfaceyoullc or youlc

richyrich24 07-28-2009 02:55 PM

get at me cuz ive been lighten up for ages

PDAPhoneJunkie 07-28-2009 03:23 PM

Hey rich. So it worked or not? You said it didn't work, then said it's good to go... Lemme know bro, I'll help ya out if it didn't work. If it did work lemme know. I'll get you on chat right now.

richyrich24 07-28-2009 03:56 PM

your good man maybe once i get more well rounded youcan teach me to cook like you that little tag at hard reboot with your name SICK your all that and a bag of chips buddy

houseflipper 07-28-2009 04:39 PM

Sorry I dont get over here much at all but great job I just flashed this and then programmed it for cricket I was actually running helmis old 6.0 rom and decided to get on and see what I could find. Everything is working great as far as stock. You can really tell the difference in speed and response with 6.1 on the apache. I am in roam on cricket service with this particular phone but will try all functions for cricket tomorrow and see what happens but just by checking it here I am sure everything will work fine. I would love to see a 6.1 cricket rom.

PDAPhoneJunkie 07-28-2009 04:44 PM

Thank you, I'm glad to hear it works. CricKet ROM will be up either later this evening or tomorrow. I'm heading out in a bit to sell my Titan.

houseflipper 07-28-2009 05:09 PM

Sounds great I will be watching for the cricket rom. Building or rewriting roms are not my area but I wonder is there a way to get the mms and explorer and wifi to all work on the apache this was the only issue I had with Helmi's 6.0 rom. Well there might have been a fix and I just never ran across it.

PDAPhoneJunkie 07-28-2009 07:46 PM

Just got back. Sold off my Mogul. This will be the first phone I've sold on Craigs List that the first person interested actually buys it instead of asking me to keep holding it. Anyhow, now I'm gonne get to work on some new ROMs. Hold on for them...

JohnAlderman 07-30-2009 12:43 PM

what is 'cricket'? Do I need it?

It sounds as if the ROM you built should work with my Verizon account. Is that right?

PENOYER 07-30-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlderman (Post 1070389)
what is 'cricket'? Do I need it?

It sounds as if the ROM you built should work with my Verizon account. Is that right?

Cricket is another Cell phone provider such as Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Bell, etc... So in your case you don't need it since you have Verizon...

PDAPhoneJunkie 07-30-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PENOYER (Post 1070650)
Cricket is another Cell phone provider such as Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Bell, etc... So in your case you don't need it since you have Verizon...

That's correct. CricKet users don't "have" to use it either. It's just someone requested a specific CricKet ROM, so I built it.

Kioba 08-05-2009 11:17 AM

Men, I want this rom, but megafire server told that the file v2.05 is no longer.
Can you check it please.

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-05-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kioba (Post 1082820)
Men, I want this rom, but megafire server told that the file v2.05 is no longer.
Can you check it please.

I just tried them. They worked just fine.

kalel410 08-06-2009 10:58 PM

Hi PDAJ! Thanks so much for the 6.1 Works great... except I'm having a slight problem. OK, more than slight. Trying to activate this phone with sprint (it was a former sprint phone that I was given. I updated it with your 6.1 but hadn't activated it yet with spring.) So, tonight, I went through all the sprint activation stuff with sprint. Got my MSL. ##MSL# doesn't do anything in the dialer. However, other codes, work. For example, ##786# brings up the logistics screen, so I know some ## codes do work. But ## followed by my MSL followed by a # does nothing. Still remains at the dialer. I've had two sprint techs trying to figure it out (one of them online and one of them by landline), but they have never seen this happen before. (Then again, they might not have experience with the 6700's running WM6.1.

So, I'm wondering if it has to do with the new rom. I guess if I had activated the phone while still under WM5, I could've upgraded to the 6.1 after the activation and all would be well. I just can't activate it under 6.1

Any ideas? Any tricks to get that code in?

Now, in the event we can't figure this out, do you have a link to one of the WM5 OEM roms so that I can reflash to that, activate with Sprint, and then flash to 6.1 again? I'm hoping not to revert back, because I've already set up a bunch of stuff under 6.1 (e-mail, wifi).

Thanks!

Kalel

kalel410 08-07-2009 01:19 AM

So, after some extensive searching, I found I wasn't alone. Several others running WM6 couldn't activate their phones either due to the dialer not executing the ##MSL# code. The suggestion? Downgrade to wm5, activate phone, then upgrade to wm6. Well, that's what ended up working for me! After downgrading to WM5 (using Sprint's stock ROM), and then successfully activating the phone, I'm now back up to PDAJ's 6.1 rom like I was before the downgrade, and this time, I can use the phone and internet.

Now, the only problem I have with the new WM6.1 installation is that near the end of startup, I'm now getting a "file 'sddaemon' (the smart dialer) cannot be opened" error (the error also says it might be that the sddaemon file isn't signed with a trusted certificate or that one of its components cannot be found) . (The file is indeed sitting in the Windows\Startup dir.)

Note that I didn't have that problem the prior time I loaded that 6.1 ROM before. Just this time (after my downgrade to WM5 and re-upgrade to WM6.1)

Why this time? Is the sddaemon file an actual wm6 file? or a leftover from when I downgraded to WM5? i.e., does flashing to WM6.1 wipe out _all_ files that were previously on the phone? If so, I have no idea why it's complaining about this file now.

Kalel

kalel410 08-07-2009 01:44 AM

So, now that I have WM6.1 with the sddaemon file error, I decided to try an experiment...

I pulled out all the files sitting in Windows\Startup and tried to reflash WM6.1, and this time, no sddaemon file errors on startup. However, this time, the flashing went really quickly, with no installing cabs/packages afterwards. And Windows\Startup is now empty.

This means that re-flashing WM6.1 over an existing WM6.1 system doesn't reload the cabs like it did before and it didn't restore anything to Windows\Startup (i.e., that dir is still empty), assuming that WM6.1 was set to have files in Windows\Startup in the first place and not just carry them over from the old WM5 installation.

How can one re-flash WM6.1 and force cabs to be restarted after the ROM transfer is done?

And PDAJ, does your WM6.1 ROM put files into Windows\Startup? or is it ok to have it empty by default? If not, how should I get the required files back in there (without having to flash to an older ROM first)?

Kalel

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-07-2009 02:02 AM

Hi Kale. Flash the ROM then do a hard reset right after it's done. My ROM does have files in the Startup folder, one for poutlook, wlmupdate etc.

kalel410 08-07-2009 02:30 AM

Yeah, you know what? I think this past time I had flashed to your new ROM, I might not have done the hard reset (and therefore, no customizations). Hmmm. Well, I've been flashing so much tonight, that that time, I might've just forgotten to do just that.

Anyway, doing the hard reset now. Will let you know how it goes.

Thx!

Kalel

kalel410 08-07-2009 02:32 AM

OK, 3 files in startup... custTDYTSK, poutlook, and VCDaemon. Sound about right?

kalel410 08-07-2009 02:38 AM

And without the hard reset, Contacts wouldn't load. With the hard reset and the customizations, Contacts now syncs properly and loads properly. Shame on me for forgetting to hard reset that last go-around... shame, shame, shame! :)

Thanks for your help and patience, PDAJ!

kalel410 08-07-2009 02:53 AM

One more thing while I've got you here, PDAJ. Back in the old days, under WM5, when I connect to the Internet through Sprint, The old EV symbols would turn to white arrows --with a little EV-- when active on the net. When there's been no activity for a bit, those two white arrows turned grey.

With your WM6.1 ROM, I notice that the EV icon at the top stays the same when connected through Sprint to the Internet. However it replaces the wireless icon to the right with the white arrows when active. My problem is that where there's no activity, the white arrows don't turn to grey. So, how to know if there is still activity going on or not with a quick glance? For all I know, since the arrows are still white, I could be still doing transfers (although I'm not really, so those white arrows are misleading for not turning grey?)

OK, that's it for tonight!

Kalel.

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-07-2009 03:31 PM

Hi Kale, in these new builds/ROMs the EvDo and 1X connection notify buttons work a little bit different, but when the connection is in-active, it will go grey. If you have any other issues feel free to let me know. Glad your device is working :)

kalel410 08-11-2009 02:32 PM

Hey there PDAJ. I'm having oodles of fun with your new build. (Only hung on me once... be improvement over wm5,.)

Still, the net activity/notify button never goes grey, even when there's no activity. So, I can tell there's no activity because my battery doesn't die even if the little white arrows stay white all day. But, they never, ever turn grey for me.

While I have you here... a couple of (ok, several) more questions.

1) can your Customizations Tools prog ever be run, not just during a hard reset, but whenever, in case something cans wiped and I need to reload part of your custom set up?

2) I'm trying to set button 5 (the one used for recording) under the Buttons Setting. Button 5 (press and hold) is in the buttons list and is set for recording. But, plain ol' Button 5 (no press and hold) is not in the list. Instead, it's got something instead called Cyberon Voice Commander listed instead of "Button 5". (Under WM5, there was a plain ol' Button 5.)

How do I wipe that Cyberon definition and restore "Button 5"? I want to assign regular Button 5 (not the press and hold version) to my Microsoft Voice Command package.

3) So, as you can see above, I'm using Microsoft's Voice Command, and I don't want to use the Cyberon Voice Commander prog, but I can't find the Cyberon product in the Remove Programs setting window. How can I remove the Cyberon product from the phone? (I do see your Customization Tools in the Remove Programs settings, but, I like your customizations, so I'm afraid to remove Customizations Tools.)

4 a) What's in your Customization Tools? What's getting customized? Is there a list somewhere?

4 b) What happens if I remove the Customizations Tools package from Remove Programs?

and finally... (whew!)

5) ActiveSync. Yeah, I know, it's not a big deal for many people to keep it continually started up, but I tell you, I'm trying to keep it from starting up, and I've tried all the old tricks, the fake domain and turning off time syncronization, while setting the activesync schedule to manual. That all works fine under WM5 for me to prevent activesync to startup. But, under your WM6.1 build (and it might be for other 6.1 builds). it just keeps starting back up again. Whenever it comes back on, it just keeps turning on my phone (and I don't want it so bright all the time when I'm trying to sleep). So, if I can prevent activesync from turning on, that's a bonus for me. So, what's the trick under your build to do so?

Thanks so much again for your wm6.1 build, PDAJ. It's really given me a new phone!

Kalel

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-11-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel410 (Post 1094587)
Hey there PDAJ. I'm having oodles of fun with your new build. (Only hung on me once... be improvement over wm5,.)

Still, the net activity/notify button never goes grey, even when there's no activity. So, I can tell there's no activity because my battery doesn't die even if the little white arrows stay white all day. But, they never, ever turn grey for me.

While I have you here... a couple of (ok, several) more questions.

1) can your Customizations Tools prog ever be run, not just during a hard reset, but whenever, in case something cans wiped and I need to reload part of your custom set up?

2) I'm trying to set button 5 (the one used for recording) under the Buttons Setting. Button 5 (press and hold) is in the buttons list and is set for recording. But, plain ol' Button 5 (no press and hold) is not in the list. Instead, it's got something instead called Cyberon Voice Commander listed instead of "Button 5". (Under WM5, there was a plain ol' Button 5.)

How do I wipe that Cyberon definition and restore "Button 5"? I want to assign regular Button 5 (not the press and hold version) to my Microsoft Voice Command package.

3) So, as you can see above, I'm using Microsoft's Voice Command, and I don't want to use the Cyberon Voice Commander prog, but I can't find the Cyberon product in the Remove Programs setting window. How can I remove the Cyberon product from the phone? (I do see your Customization Tools in the Remove Programs settings, but, I like your customizations, so I'm afraid to remove Customizations Tools.)

4 a) What's in your Customization Tools? What's getting customized? Is there a list somewhere?

4 b) What happens if I remove the Customizations Tools package from Remove Programs?

and finally... (whew!)

5) ActiveSync. Yeah, I know, it's not a big deal for many people to keep it continually started up, but I tell you, I'm trying to keep it from starting up, and I've tried all the old tricks, the fake domain and turning off time syncronization, while setting the activesync schedule to manual. That all works fine under WM5 for me to prevent activesync to startup. But, under your WM6.1 build (and it might be for other 6.1 builds). it just keeps starting back up again. Whenever it comes back on, it just keeps turning on my phone (and I don't want it so bright all the time when I'm trying to sleep). So, if I can prevent activesync from turning on, that's a bonus for me. So, what's the trick under your build to do so?

Thanks so much again for your wm6.1 build, PDAJ. It's really given me a new phone!

Kalel

Buttons get listed different with different ROMs, it has to do with drivers and such. You can use the button that's asigned to CVC to MSVC. As for the customization, it's only stuff from the extended rom that the carriers put in. I reccomend not unsing any of it...

For ActiiveSync, I use MeMaid to delete some of the notification que for ActiveSYnc.

kalel410 08-12-2009 12:33 AM

So, what button is assigned to CVC? Remember, in the button list, it's not labeled with a number, so I have no idea which physical button CVC is assigned to.

In the button list:

Button Assignment
------------------------------------------------
Cyberon Voice Commander Voice Commander

So, which physical button is that?

And, how do I uninstall CVC?

Kalel

kalel410 08-12-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel410 (Post 1095834)
So, what button is assigned to CVC? Remember, in the button list, it's not labeled with a number, so I have no idea which physical button CVC is assigned to.

In the button list:

Button Assignment
------------------------------------------------
Cyberon Voice Commander Voice Commander

So, which physical button is that?

And, how do I uninstall CVC?

Kalel

Oh yes, also, even still not knowing what physical button is CVC, if I try to assign MSVC to the CVC entry in the Buttons Settings window, I get the following message:

"Each program button must have a unique button assignment. Please select a different button assignment."

As you can see, WM6.1 won't let me assign MSVC to CVC's "button".

Any ideas to fix that?

(Of course, I'd like to just assign MSVC to Button 5, but there _is_ no Button 5 listed. Is there any way around this problem so that I can take advantage of Button 5? (without press-n-hold, as previously mentioned. I've got it assigned to a non-convenient button at the moment, just to make sure I could assign MSVC to at least some button.)

Kalel

kalel410 08-12-2009 12:45 AM

So, I just figured out why I was getting that error message I just posted. And that's because I tried to assign MSVC to CVC, when I already had MSVC assigned to the non-convenient button. I changed that assignment, and now I can assign MSVC to CVC.

But, again the same problem, I don't know what physical button your rom assigned to CVC.

Also, the button I want to use, Button 5, when I click on it, brings up Notes. However... Button 5 is not listed in the Buttons Settings, so Notes isn't listed there either.

A mystery.

Kalel

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-12-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel410 (Post 1095864)
So, I just figured out why I was getting that error message I just posted. And that's because I tried to assign MSVC to CVC, when I already had MSVC assigned to the non-convenient button. I changed that assignment, and now I can assign MSVC to CVC.

But, again the same problem, I don't know what physical button your rom assigned to CVC.

Also, the button I want to use, Button 5, when I click on it, brings up Notes. However... Button 5 is not listed in the Buttons Settings, so Notes isn't listed there either.

A mystery.

Kalel

Hmm, I don't have an Apache right now so I can't check it, I don't know what the problem is. I'll have my Apache tomorrow so I can check...

kalel410 08-12-2009 07:33 AM

Thanks! Let us know what you find out the button 5 issue and the CVC uninstall if you get a chance to check it out.

By the way, between yesterday afternoon and evening, my phone hung up 2 or 3 times. (black screen, unresponsive except for the LEDs were still flashing). I'm trying to find a correlation between what was running on the phone and the hangs. It's been working fairly hang-free for days, I'm not sure what happened yesterday. Mind you, I did add VC 1.6 to the phone yesterday, but with the phone in my pocket, I can't see that VC would've been running and caused a hang, especially with the phone in lock mode before it goes into my pocket.

But, I should also note that in the old days (WM5), I would get lots of hangs and it was usually because the phone was in locked mode. It wouldn't always come out of lock mode (i.e., screen black and I couldn't tap "unlock".) I've been using lock mode on the wm6.1 install now (the standard, built-in lock... nothing fancy), and it might be the cause of the hangs, as I generally lock the phone before it goes in my pocket. That could be it. It was just behaving well the past several days, so I don't know why yesterday was different.

Kalel

sameatskittens 09-06-2009 03:05 PM

I'm new to all this. I just ordered my Apache offline a few days ago, so i was going to download the programs i needed to update it when it got here. I have no idea how to though. I don't know how to "Cook" ROMS or whatever, and buildOS is confusing. Help?

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-07-2009 10:53 PM

Hi, please read all the guides for upgrading your phone. There are two options, use pre-made flashable ROMS like mine or using BuildOS. It's not too hard to use, just use the programs updater and download the stuff then select the apps you want, cook it up and flash.

yomega 09-09-2009 10:23 PM

My question is must the phone be activated before the upgrade? I can't get wm5 back on mine, and I want to try this rom. I'm curious if i can activate it afterwards. its been activated before, but it decided to quit working, and now I don't know if it will work correctly after I flash this rom. I hope so.

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-10-2009 02:03 AM

You can always get WM5 back on, did you revert bootloader to v2.05 to v2.02 and now you can't flash to stock? It's easy, just take out the ROM nbf and put it in a NoID RUU.

The phone has to be on WM5 if you use MSL on Sprint, but it looks like it's been done if you go into the ESPT.

pio_masaki 09-10-2009 01:07 PM

Yeah, call sprint, when they ask you to enter in ##whatever6numbers# you say OK and you actually type in ##778# then enter in your msl (they mentioned it in the previous step as the ##6digitnumber# code.

Works out nicely if you write down your ESN (both versions though they tend to ask for DEC) then enter in the ##778# code, hit Edit, then at the MSL code screen, call sprint, then as they say to type in their code, type the NUMBERS ONLY into that box, EPST menu comes up, go into NAM Settings, then when they say the MDN it's under Mobile Directory Number, this is your phone number including area code, no spaces or marks just xxxxxxxxxx. you can preset this if you like or just wait for them to say it to you. Next is MSID, it's 5th down from the top, this you have to pay attention to what they say or your phone won't work at all with sprint. After that hit exit, reset yes, yes, phone resets and your programmed without their code and menu.

Think I'll toss out a walkthrough for this for the others who want to activate a flashed phone without reflashing to stock first.

yomega 09-10-2009 09:42 PM

Yay, I have everything working, however internet doesn't work. Unless activesync'd. It won't do the dailing connection to use it. Its annoying me, lol.

pio_masaki 09-11-2009 02:46 AM

for the internet just call sprint, tell them you just hard reset the phone and the internet stopped working, they can set it up over the air, usually works within an hour.

DeeLnyc 10-24-2009 12:17 AM

I followed your directions and 6.1 loaded but with one issue.
When it loads 6.1 there's an error stating :
The file "sddaemon" cannot be opened.
Now I can't access "contacts". When I press it, I see the Contacts on top and the X but it just doesn't load up.
I played with everything and it's awesome except for that one part.
Any ideas? thanks

yomega 10-28-2009 06:14 AM

Have everything working. Only issue now is when the device is locked, I can't put it into stand-by, it tends to not come back out. A soft reset is required to get the phone working again. Any ideas?