PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Lurker

joshhansen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is there a way to get the interface that comes with this build and put it onto WM5? i have heard its just a program? Also, if thats not possible, is it possible to download the themes that come with it and put it on WM5? Sorry im an extreme noob when it comes to these things. Thanks again
Old 09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Lurker

castcom is a n00b
Well, I installed this ROM on my VZW XV-6700. The reason I downloaded it is because I heard WM 6 Professional has Voice Command with full bluetooth support. But helmi's ROM doesn't seem to have Voice Command. I downloaded and installed a 5-day trial of Voice Command, but it didn't work. I kept getting a an error. "... try to open Voice Command again," or something like that.

Does anyone have Voice Command working on helmi's ROM? How can I get it to work?

Thank you

P.S. I ttried with and without the Verizon customization.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Perry is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by castcom View Post
Well, I installed this ROM on my VZW XV-6700. The reason I downloaded it is because I heard WM 6 Professional has Voice Command with full bluetooth support. But helmi's ROM doesn't seem to have Voice Command. I downloaded and installed a 5-day trial of Voice Command, but it didn't work. I kept getting a an error. "... try to open Voice Command again," or something like that.

Does anyone have Voice Command working on helmi's ROM? How can I get it to work?

Thank you

P.S. I ttried with and without the Verizon customization.
I also was under the impression that WM6 included the full Voice Command and was disappointed that it doesn't seem to be in the ROM. I'm not sure how to get it other than forking over the money for the retail version, and I don't even know if that one works on WM6.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Lurker

castcom is a n00b
well, i wouldn't mind paying the 40 bucks, but if the VC trial doesn't work, the bought version may not either.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

2ndchance is a n00b
I don't think Helmi_C can legally include the full version of Microsoft Voice Command, as there is a pirating issue. I have version 1.6 and it works flawlessly. It seems like its a "hit or miss" when it comes to this.

I, for one, am not having ANY real issues. I installed it the first hour it came out and it's been working like a champ. I guess if there were any issues, it would be that it "does" seem to run a little slower...

Say, wasn't there a registry tweak for the original ROM 2.06 that speeds up the unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry View Post
I also was under the impression that WM6 included the full Voice Command and was disappointed that it doesn't seem to be in the ROM. I'm not sure how to get it other than forking over the money for the retail version, and I don't even know if that one works on WM6.

Sprint 3rd party vendor plan: 3000 mins, N/W 7pm, Unlimited TXT and DATA = $25/mo.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyb01 View Post
I'm having problems connecting with ActiveSync after this upgrade. Which makes it impossible to go back to reflash. ActiveSync does not seem to recognize i've plugged in.

Did I miss a post on how to fix this? Anyone else have this?

I had this problem occur on my 6700 a time or 2. In order to get it to work again, I thought deleting my device and starting fresh would be the answer, but that didnt help.

I discovered that my firewall was blocking "rapimgr.exe" which AS uses. Once unblocked, AS started working again.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Congrats Helmi for all your fine work. Too bad its too late for me to return the Mogul.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

thrillwillflight is a n00b
mine won't load at all. i put my phone in boot loader mode, double click the download, and hit run and it does nothing. what am i doing wrong? my screen (with no background lighting) says usb v1.02 and it does nothing. i downloaded both the verizon version and the bootloader 1.02. please help!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
ok, don't install handy switcher or palm threaded sms. handy switcher causes lockups on boot and palm threaded sms makes it so you can't get a text message.......
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
I have version 1.6 and it works flawlessly. It seems like its a "hit or miss" when it comes to this.
Voice Command 1.6 works for me as well; except for caller id announcements aren't playing on the BT headset or phone speaker. I've tried all 3 options in the VC settings and can't get caller id to announce at all. Otherwise, all other features work with WM6.

2ndchance: did you have to do anything special to get caller id to announce?
---- Former Verizon XV6700

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development