PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

borg.cube 08-31-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrotum (Post 80621)
If you are using an exchange server the settings are different. Mine is grayed out as well and only received in plain text, but i am also not running exchange 2007.

I wonder if this is a bug for the code on connecting to an exchange server. I'm definitely on an Exchange 2007 server. I'll contact the exchange administrator and see what he says--but I don't think they have to enable anything.

seang 08-31-2007 07:35 PM

wow, that is NICE!
just a FYI I have alltel, and it seems to be fine after an hour or so.
have hotmail, and gmail configured, using the 1.41 radio, good signal. happy so far!

hvymtlhick 08-31-2007 07:49 PM

Speaker phone

I just installed the WM6 on my PPC6700. But when i turn on the phone menu, the speaker phone button is no longer displayed. Anyone know how to get it on screen with the rest of the buttons?

ginogore 08-31-2007 08:27 PM

Hi, great job on the release.

Everything seems to work fine, except Cyrillic letters aren't displayed. Did you include the additional language packs in this release; and where can I download additional languages and encoding support for IE, for Cyrillic letters. In previous releases there were always a bunch of languages to choose from, but now only Chinese + a few more are left.

tvith 08-31-2007 08:37 PM

http://cellphones.engadget.com/2007/...c-6700-xv6700/

********Article on Helmi_C**********

fablife 08-31-2007 08:51 PM

As a former 6700 owner - I am jealous. But I am also happy because kitchens/ROMs for the P4000 cant be far away!

You DA MAN Helmi

Trident 08-31-2007 09:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A few things.
I set up three email accounts for use on my Sprint 6700. None are run on an exchange server (that I know of). One is an alternate earthlink account. One is a gmail account and the third is my SprintPCS account. (don't ask why I'm so stupid to have all these accounts- I actually have a bunch more :scratch:)
So far, I've confirmed that the Gmail account received some html email, but haven't seen any come in on the other accounts.

I've seen a little of the freezing that others have mentioned, but mostly this thing just flies. Reboots in under a minute (compared to almost two with my previous WM5/3.5 setup). Everything looks slick. I'm not even going to install Wisbar, as this looks fine. Not too thrilled with the task manager [x-button or whatever; it seemed to work the first time I flashed, but after the second time, when I ditched the extROM customizations, it doesn't seem to work exactly right. I think that installing iLauncher will fix that.
Hopefully I can put it in one of the PB tabs and still have everything work properly.

As far as speakerphone... mine works just like normal. It's on the Status page instead of the dialer page. You might have to press the left softkey to get it. You can also get it from the dialer page by pressing the Menu/Right-softkey or by holding in the green phone button while in a call.

This is really awesome.

Jeff Kirvin 08-31-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 80694)
This is really awesome.

I must know. How did you get your HTC home plugin to look like that? (voicemail button, smaller clock)

guitardoc64 08-31-2007 09:29 PM

Anyone having BT issues with WM6 on the Apache like those reported with the 6800?

amitoberoi 08-31-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin (Post 80708)
I must know. How did you get your HTC home plugin to look like that? (voicemail button, smaller clock)

Me too buddy. this i one thng i want to try. pls enlighten us all.

Amit