PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

Maxx134 09-02-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodoq (Post 80922)
oops i forgot, does the prl wil be updated too? i don't want this to happen cause it'll will mess up my provider setting (i'm not using verizon)
thx
martin

those phone settins are in the phone side not in the rom.

I dont think you will want 2 use verizon version of rom if U R not using verizon service as it will have verizon customizations pre-loaded in rom.
Dunno what carrier U R using but if not listed , use generic & load your ext rom carrier cabs.

Best idea for noobs to unlock & erase your extrom before updating the new roms pre-set for carrier.

Side note: I been running new rom since beginning and so far not one single jam-up like I had with older version roms on incomming calls.

Maxx134 09-02-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hachiroku (Post 81320)
make sure you turn off, "accept incomming beam requests" in the IR settings.

on my HTC Touch that made the battery last 1/3rd as long as it did disabled.

In the Comm Mananger, I also noticed that the bluetooth button was on and that was draining my battery a little also.

Data Connection was also lit in comm manager but that doesnt affect the batt unless you are actually using it with internet browsers or weather programs.

steve6534 09-02-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoshe (Post 81079)
I have the exact same problem. I can connect to unprotected networks fine but no WPA. I have a Sprint 6700. Its a real problem, if I can't connect to my network i'l have to go back.

I'm a third :(.. The wifi connection had been intermittently working with WPA but now I can't seem to get it going again. If anyone has any luck please let us know.

Steve

bigirb2002 09-02-2007 10:42 AM

omg i love the game called pocketsand its so awsome.it makes me lazy at work lol

mrburns05 09-02-2007 11:15 AM

Can Somebody clean the "crap"

id like to know if theres anyone willing to remove the :
games, (all of them, i hate games on my phone- i have a PC)
extra themes (just keep HTC_Defualt and Windows Default)
the calc 1lite (its already got a calculator- and im not a scientist-dont need this)
deepfish (dont know and dont care- just get rid of it)
yahoo 2go (dont need it- i hate yahoo anyways)

i guess that would be it, if someone ould do this- or even Helmi- please do - i just tried and the tools crashed on me- im a noob- so please work on this someone!!
and make sure to give Helmi the credit he deserves-

Thanks Helmi- ive been waiting for this!

da1stprince 09-02-2007 11:17 AM

just traded my apache for another one,used this kithen and i now can no longer use the ext rom unlocker found in this rom to edit or use for storage. it will say "success" when initiated but i see no visible extended rom in the file explorer..Help!!! what am i doing wrong??

friguy3 09-02-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrburns05 (Post 81371)
id like to know if theres anyone willing to remove the :
games, (all of them, i hate games on my phone- i have a PC)
extra themes (just keep HTC_Defualt and Windows Default)
the calc 1lite (its already got a calculator- and im not a scientist-dont need this)
deepfish (dont know and dont care- just get rid of it)
yahoo 2go (dont need it- i hate yahoo anyways)

i guess that would be it, if someone ould do this- or even Helmi- please do - i just tried and the tools crashed on me- im a noob- so please work on this someone!!
and make sure to give Helmi the credit he deserves-

Thanks Helmi- ive been waiting for this!

I think right now is a good time to de-bug this first release. Once a kitchen is released we can all put whatever we want onto our own phones.

thi 09-02-2007 02:08 PM

I discovered something good for those who use Xcpuscalar! On my Sprint device I can run at 624 wo lockup/freezes. Its been stable for 3 hrs so far. Ymmv though each device is diff in this respect but under 3.5 my max was 520.

thanks everyone

Torx 09-02-2007 02:17 PM

i think debugging WITHOUT 3rd party apps installed should be Very much neccessary right now.

then we can add apps and see where the incompatibility lies..

lordshadowz 09-02-2007 02:41 PM

Hi All,

First of all this being my first post I want to thank Helmi for creating this awesome ROM !!!!

I have the Verizon Xv6700. I loaded the ROM with the Bootloader. The installation went perfectly. I added the Verizon Customizations and NO third party apps yet.

BUGS:

1) In the E-mail program. I was setting up my e-mail options. When you look to where to store attachments, it will NOT list the SD card. It will only list the RAM and a ROM2 storage. I could find NO way to save attachments to my SD card.

So far thats all I've found. I've had no problems with the Wifi, Nor bluetooth. Web Browsing and music playback is excellent. Phone calls and text messages have gone without a hitch.

I do have one question. Please forgive me if I sound stupid. I have all my contacts in Microsoft Outlook. I simply cannot find a way to move them back onto the phone. How the heck do you do it so I don't have to retype them all ?!?!?!?!

Oh and is .net included in WM6 ? or do I have to install that ? Just checkin :)