PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
I just thought about my post above and realized that I might be using Messaging differently... I am not using "Outlook E-mail". I chose "New Account" and set it up using "Internet e-mail" under "Select your provider".

Actually, I have three different accounts set up on my Apache... all set up as IMAP accounts, and they all show up as separate accounts from "Outlook E-Mail". It's the same way I always had them set up... they connect directly to my mailserver, not syncing through ActiveSync.

Maybe that might clear things up, or muddy them further.
If you are using an exchange server the settings are different. Mine is grayed out as well and only received in plain text, but i am also not running exchange 2007.
________
bondage girl Webcam

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Lurker

erplot is a n00b
Wireless sync

Thanks to Helmi. I have read all 50 pages and see that people are having no problem with wireless sync on Verizon. Can you please tell me how to get it set up? I have not allowed the customizations to run. The only way I have been able to access my e-mail is through my pop server, not through VZW. The problem with this is I leave all messages on my server so I have over 4500 messages on my personal address and the same amount on my business address. Also, I had to set up accounts for both individually, vs VZW that pulls both of my addresses in one. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

deathworm is a n00b
awesome work Helmi. this is very impressive, just to note though I do not see my 2GB miniSD card any longer. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about solving this?

Awesome job once again....you've made my year...

(dont laugh)
Old 08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Cool Wireless sync(VZW) vs Exchange

My opinion being in IT is that the VZW wireless sync from Verizon just plain sucks! Many of my customers have used it. Unfortunately it produced too many errors that you just dont have any control over. I have moved everyone including myself to Exchange. If you dont have a server then use a hosted exchange service for $6/mo. It's well worth it. You also get the benefits with multiple computers using outlook. No matter what everything is synced! No questions asked. It just plain works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try this link. I think there is a 90 day trial.
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=13687316

wireless sync from Verizon sucks!
Exchange or hosted exchange works perfectly!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: sprint

xpherion is a n00b
I am going to install this on my phone.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
i'm having a problem with my phone booting, i went to install tomtom now that i'm home and got a call while installing it; now i get stuck at the windows logo screen.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

deathworm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by egenity View Post
First off, I would like to say THANK YOU for all the hard work and making this available to everyone.

I was a little scared to give it a try, but I did indeed take the plunge.

I must say, quite impressive as it seems to work VERY WELL. A donation will certainly be forthcoming!

The only major issue that I have encountered, is that it does not seem to recognize my miniSD 1GB SanDisk storage card any longer. The operating system simply never references it anywhere. It does reference a Storage Card, but that appears to to be the install ROM stuff. Is there something special I need to do to enable support for the miniSD card?

Windows Mobile 6 is a hell of a lot nicer than the previous version, makes using this Sprint PPC-6700 a lot more attractive, I was about to junk it and upgrade to something else. I think I will hold off.

Adam
hey I m having the same issue. trying to work on it.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

krypticide is a n00b
Finally got it to update on my Vista machine, somehow. It seems like calls and receiving calls take a bit longer than before, maybe I need to update the polling setting or something.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmi_c View Post
I hope that no more rom or kitchen hijacker, creating kitchen or rom (especialy a ported one) is a hard and very time consuming and need a lot of study, trial, weeks or even months of study, you hijacker just mod a bit and put your names on it without even mention the real artist? thats cruel and I'm sick with it, its happens to me not only here at ppcgeeks, please post a revision idea or patch or even better join the kitchen staff, for all user benefit ,or mod what ever you like, but please put the credit where it belong, or make your own! or even better I will make 'mod' from your artwork and claim its mine. So I can stop messin around with Apache Stuff, and you do the hell job...So I can retire publish any rom/kitchen for apache, thanks!.
For the record, it was never my intention to "hijack" anything. It was never about credit, it was about branding and expectations. Putting my name on the variant kitchen I posted (and I took down, it was not removed by PPCgeeks) was only intended to convey the ease of use and simplicity people had come to associate with my ROMs. I honestly had no idea would be interpreted otherwise, had no idea of the troubles you'd had on XDAdevs, and meant no offense.

Thanks for your efforts, Helmi. I never expected to see WM6 on an Apache, and I'm damn impressed.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Lurker

borg.cube is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
For the record, I just sent myself a bizarrely formatted HTML email message (a two row, three cell table, one cell spanning the other two, with three different fonts and colors) just to see what happens, and it displays in Messaging exactly as I sent it . And, I am using my IMAP (not Exchange) mailserver.

I had no problem selecting HTML as my formatting in Messaging... nothing was "greyed out" as others have posted.

So, it appears that it's not tied to Exchange. Having said that, I have no idea why I would want to receive HTML formatted email on my Apache anyway. I actually liked it displaying as plain text... it was a lot cleaner. I use it pretty much exclusively for business, though, so I'm more interested in the text of the message rather than how pretty it is.

Apparently I proved that HTML does display properly, though. My guess is that it's there for sending, not for receiving.
I'm getting the email strings embedded in the email but I'm just seeing text. I went into the registry and can't find a setting for the pull down that reads "Plain Text".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development