PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Verizon

mkofal.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*Almost* totally unresponsive Apache-- HELP!

I've flashed my Apache with various WM5 and WM6 ROMs over the past few years with very little problems, but this last time I was careless and I think I accidentally flashed it with a ROM from my old Harrier (6600). Now the phone is totally dead when the battery is in-- it doesn't go into bootloader mode; trying a soft or hard reset does absolutely nothing; plugging in to my PC does nothing. Even plugging it into the wall charger does nothing! I unplugged the battery for over an hour and put it back in, but I still see nothing on the screen no matter what I do!

I did just discover that if I remove the battery and plug it into the wall charger the red LED is on solid, and if I connect it to the PC with the battery out the LED flashes red, but the screen is totally blank. It is trying to tell me something, but what? How can I resurrect my Apache?

Last edited by mkofal.com; 04-16-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: *Almost* totally unresponsive Apache-- HELP!

Plugging it in w/o the battery will always get you a red LED. That just means that battery has failed (because it isnt there). But if no screen will ever come on and with the battery in and plugged to a charger you still cannot reset then I would look at another battery honestly bro. I mean you have to have power in the unit because anything will happen and it just sounds like you have no power.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development