PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 04:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: China telcom

oceanxv6700 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Does auto manager work?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoH5656 View Post
Just reporting in again. The t-tests showed no significant difference between the battery life of these two builds.
To clarify, the battery life difference I was referring to had to do with 1 build (in 2 different ways). One without patches, the other with patches. I have concluded that without the patches, battery life IS in fact better... but... the process to make the non-patched build work is more tedious than most are willing to do. So my recommendation is to not mess with anything. The work that has been done thus far for the Apache is better than any of us could have ever hoped for.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoH5656 View Post
For the first question please allow me to use the porcupine effect: What SD card are you using and is it recognized by any other devices?
I'm using a VERY generic 4GB MicroSD card. (not sdhc). I bought it on ebay years ago. The SD card has always worked perfectly in every other build that has come out and I've been cooking Roms since I joined in May of last year.

I tried rebuilding the 20931 rom about 3 times with no luck. I reverted back to the 20755 rom and this issue has gone away.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

damecaput is just getting started

IS there a list of the features that are included in this new build or for any of the builds. I searched but was unsuccessful can some one point me to the right direction?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by damecaput View Post
IS there a list of the features that are included in this new build or for any of the builds. I searched but was unsuccessful can some one point me to the right direction?
What exactly are you looking for? Its a kitchen. The features are what you want out of it. Take the info on WM6.1 and add whatever packages you want to add. Why not just try it out? The beauty of the 6700 is that you can always return to stock and you dont have to worry about HARD SPLs.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I still am wondering what the reason is for multiple entries for Bubble Breaker & Solitare. I understand that the GUIDs are unique for each entry... so the argument can be made that they are not "duplicate" entries... but why does it need 4? And why does OneNote need 2? When I remove the redundant entries from the selections file directly, it doesn't seem to change the result in the build. So it seems like waste to me. Can someone answer this? I didn't notice this happening in some of the older kitchens.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
...... And why does OneNote need 2? When I remove the redundant entries from the selections file directly, it doesn't seem to change the result in the build. So it seems like waste to me. Can someone answer this? I didn't notice this happening in some of the older kitchens.
My selections text file has the same "anomily" with "one note"
Second redundant entry looks formatted to look like a dsm file, but this entry does not exist in either the two PPCkitchen OEM rars, so it's not in the OEM.
??
Old 12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdawg View Post
I'm using a VERY generic 4GB MicroSD card. (not sdhc). I bought it on ebay years ago. The SD card has always worked perfectly in every other build that has come out and I've been cooking Roms since I joined in May of last year.

I tried rebuilding the 20931 rom about 3 times with no luck. I reverted back to the 20755 rom and this issue has gone away.
Doesn't matter, you must actually select which driver in new kitchen and between the two you must select the driver you think you don't need (SDHC).
Default driver in new kitchen will not see above 2gig and you have 4GB.
I don't doubt you have no issue using older selections file which is prob using older kitchen files, but for 20931 you need select and try SDHC.
I myself have a 4GB and it is not seen unless I select SDHC.

Anyway I speak from my own trials, can't guarantee the same for you.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UTStarcom PPC-6700
Carrier: Telus

videopete is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
What exactly are you looking for? Its a kitchen. The features are what you want out of it. Take the info on WM6.1 and add whatever packages you want to add.
Yes you add the packages but you always have to select a base ROM to start with. What exactly are the differences in the base rom as some are experiencing issues with 20931 and not with 20755 (as an example).
Old 12-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Its just a difference of where the ROM was ripped from. The latest if from the Touch HD I believe. There are theoretically OS bug fixes or enhancements from microsoft with each new build... but just because it is newer does not necessarily mean better. So far, I think 20755 has been the best ever for the Apache. I have left the 20931 camp.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development