PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20748 Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I have to comment. This ROM is only really great for short slices of time. I have never had so many different strange and unexplainable behaviors with any previous ROMS. I actually even started removing things thinking it was other programs that were doing it. Nope. It is the ROM. I have to do more soft resets in one day than I have ever had to do in a week with other ROMS. Like I said, it works great for slices of time, but then wierd things start to happen. I am starting to think it is specific to this PORT. Does anyone know when the next PORT is coming?
I noticed in this Build, that "FdcSoft PIM Backup" doesnt backup text messages like in other Builds, even though these latest are all 6.1roms...

So if the "PIM" structuring is different (as it usually is with different ROM versions) then this could be your culprit.

Backup programs can cause wired things so i first use activesync , then later after I configured my settings and programs manually , would I use a "backup program".

EDIT: actual problem was restoring text messages from a backup did not show..

Last edited by Maxx134; 10-15-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Branen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Branen

Does anyone have the silence incoming calls softkey working on this build? I know the Helmi WM6.1 i used before had that option.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I noticed in this Build, that "FdcSoft PIM Backup" doesnt backup text messages like in other Builds, even though these latest are all 6.1roms...

So if the "PIM" structuring is different (as it usually is with different ROM versions) then this could be your culprit.

Backup programs can cause wired things so i first use activesync , then later after I configured my settings and programs manually , would I use a "backup program".
I don't use PIM backup or any other backup for that matter. So I like how you are trying to think about what could be causing all the strange problems, but I don't think that is it in this case.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Quote:

From what I understand about the Dotfred PIM backup, it accesses the PIM data through the Pocket Outlook API, not by directly opening the PIM files. So even if the internal structure of these files has changed, Dotfred PIM backup should still work.

This is how it works across various versions of WM (5/6/6.1).

The API did change between WM2003 and WM5, but it would truly boggle the mind if it changed in a point release (6 to 6.1), and it would cause my brain to break if it was change in a BUILD of the same point release.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:33 AM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
From what I understand about the Dotfred PIM backup, it accesses the PIM data through the Pocket Outlook API, not by directly opening the PIM files. So even if the internal structure of these files has changed, Dotfred PIM backup should still work.

This is how it works across various versions of WM (5/6/6.1).

The API did change between WM2003 and WM5, but it would truly boggle the mind if it changed in a point release (6 to 6.1), and it would cause my brain to break if it was change in a BUILD of the same point release.
I would assume then that this build has has something else going on for it not to restore my text messages with the PIM Backup program.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
This ROM is really unusable for me.

HTC Home doesn't work at all.

Messaging takes minutes for each text message to open, and then I can't send replies.

I loaded my contacts in with dotfred PIMBackup, but when I open my contacts, none are listed.

I've tried the Patches folder with the old service.exe folder in it, but that hasn't helped at all. .. .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I have to comment. This ROM is only really great for short slices of time. I have never had so many different strange and unexplainable behaviors with any previous ROMS. I actually even started removing things thinking it was other programs that were doing it. Nope. It is the ROM. I have to do more soft resets in one day than I have ever had to do in a week with other ROMS. Like I said, it works great for slices of time, but then wierd things start to happen. I am starting to think it is specific to this PORT. Does anyone know when the next PORT is coming?
I am now comparing this with using the LennySH_20273 Build....
With placing services.exe, wzsapi.dll, and wzsvc.dll folders, in the Patches folder and happy with that for now.

Its just 1meg more than Helmi_19716 build, while this 20748_Build is over 3megs more..

It is running good so far and I have more space for cooking..

EDIT: not having the text-messaging problem I had with not restoring old texts completely.

Last edited by Maxx134; 10-15-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910 w/Adrynalyne WM6.1 v1.5 rom
Carrier: Verizon

UnstoppableDrew is a n00b

Thanks to everyone involved for all your hard work. I'm still getting used to the new stuff, and will probably cook a dozen roms before I settle down, but this is great. The biggest improvement for me is the speed in answering the phone. On my last rom based on Helmi_aku3.5 it took several seconds on mashing the 'answer' button before the phone stopped ringing, and a few seconds more before I could talk. Now you hit the button once and are connected.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Its just 1meg more than Helmi_19716 build, while this 20748_Build is over 3megs more..
20748 has .net 3.5 built in, whereas helmi and lenny have 2.0.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Lurker

botros85 is a n00b

thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development