PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Most stable WM 6.1 kitchen or ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I know a guy who used to run the same WM5 ROM I did but his is for Sprint whereas mine is for VZW. I never had any lockups or BSoDs. It was fast and very stable. If you are interested in trying tit first then just lemme know and I will get you a link. The main reason I stayed with WM5 on the 67 is because so many people had issues with things not working. Right now on my 68 Ive got a custom cooked 6. and I thought I had eabsolutely everything perfect on it until today I went to load the camera and the drivers for the cam didnt get cooked into my ROM so Ive got to start ALL OVER AGAIN. And lets not talk about all the other time invested with 3rd party software that will have to be redone again.
That's too bad. But you will never flash it the exact way you want it the first time? BTW is it much diffcult to unlock the 6800 before flashing?

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

6700noobie is a n00b

Thanks for all the replies...well the WM6 build I have now works pretty well and has a bit of junk in it. i used about half of the stuff, so I'd hate to go bare min and then keep everything on my storage card and then reinstall everything if/when I have to hardboot. I would like to bake everything into a ROM and then go from there. I currently have a few more cabs that I have to reload when I do a hardboot. I was thinking that way I can free up more space on my card or just not have to deal with reloading stuff when I hardboot. I'd like to see this zooming IE. My friend told me there were some changes to IE so it isn't as usless as it was before (not saying much). But if even the basic bare minimum build kills BT and wifi.....I may not switch then. I only had to hardboot once since flashing WM6 on my phone and that's because I loaded Opera 9.5 and it killed my phone to the point where softresets didn't work.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Think long and hard on it. Why risk loss of BT or WIFI? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Free time is so valuable, don't spend it with a messed up phone. Don't get me wrong, I love the kitchens, too, but still too many ppl have problems. If you do want 6.1 (not that many new features threaded SMS and zooming IE), follow the advice above and don't add any extras. I think that is the key to a stable ROM, not version or kitchen. Just my penny.
I agree that the key to a stable ROM is what software packages you add. It seems to me like several of the various packages on buildOS conflict. I usually do a fairly stripped ROM, because I want stability over functionality.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 08-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
I'd like to see this zooming IE. My friend told me there were some changes to IE so it isn't as usless as it was before (not saying much). But if even the basic bare minimum build kills BT and wifi.....I may not switch then. I only had to hardboot once since flashing WM6 on my phone and that's because I loaded Opera 9.5 and it killed my phone to the point where softresets didn't work.
Well, IDK if the flash did it or what but it seems too coincidental that ppl are complaining about WIFI or BT not working after a flash and it worked the day b4. I don't think bare minimum would do anything bad but don't know what other ppl have tried to do in terms of loading up the ROM. I have Opera Mini working with WM6 ROM and it zooms fine. I still wonder how the program figures out the right thing to put full screen but it is amazing. Yeah, that's the only thing I hate about WM is the PIE. I guess there is Skyfire beta that is exactly like a PC browser.

With a 1.00 BL, you should be able to fit the most stuff in your ROM theoretically. But again there is that risk. Yeah, I've never had to hard reset my WM6 either. Works like a charm. Everyone has a different experience though, which I can't figure out. Oh. good luck if you decide to do it.

Last edited by gambatte; 08-25-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Almost a VIP

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Wanna save room in your rom? F flash and all that other crap and get on the Skyfire browser beta. With Skyfire, I can browse REAL MySpace, and play all my MySpace Apps. The apps actually run better on Skyfire than IE or Firefox on my PC. Skyfire is supposed to have all the flash, java, etc. crap built in. It may only be a beta right now, but it ROCKS!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looking forward to trying but still "in line" for the next release...
Old 08-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Looking forward to trying but still "in line" for the next release...
Seriously do a forum search for skyfire. I was in line, but someone posted a code that was released during the Olympics that will put you straight in!

Note: I was gonna try to upload the .cab, then I remembered that it verifies your beta account when it loads.

Edit: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...yfire+olympics

Last edited by jabu; 08-25-2008 at 06:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

What a rigamarole download. What's the big deal and secret? Hell, they gave me a code to tell everyone. LOL. phelps8 if anyone wants to know. Michael8 works, too.
Tried different email and changed the phone number 'cuz it kept saying this was already registered or that was already registered blah blah blah. So far, if it only does youtube as per the posts, Opera has it beat with regards to zooming what you want to see. Besides I can do youtube with PIE. Anyway, wanted to see what all the hype was about. THX.

Oh, sorry 6700Noob for taking the thread off-topic but you might be interested, too!

Last edited by gambatte; 08-25-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

6700noobie is a n00b

No worries. I loaded skyfire before I had to hardboot my phone. It ate my battery pretty quick but my battery is 2 yrs old. It's probably just not retaining charge well when in use anymore. I tried to watch videos on www.veoh.com as everyone can do Youtube. Why Veoh?? well the use Flash 9 or something. And all the other ppc browsers support only up to 7 since adobe didn't put out anything higher. I got further with skyfire than any other browser (netfront, picsel browser, opera but it still didn't play the video or it wasn't very usable like the streaming was just way too slow I can't remember. Tried it once and gave up. I haven't reloaded it since. I have the beta 2 load i think. Skyfire kinda "cheats" if you want to call it cheating since your pages go through their servers and then is optimized and sent to your phone. Not like the other browsers that download everything to your phone and then it renders it. It's a clever way of making whatever new thing that comes out on the net still work on your phone without having to update the next codec or browser app etc...so kudos to the skyfire team and can't wait till the matured product hits the streets. skyfire was a cool autobot. Right now I just use netfront and picsel browser. Now those are pretty good browsers. I wish picsel kept making new versions...they really had something there. I think their zoom in and out is much faster than safari on iphone.

Hehehe...now who's taking things off topic....:P
Old 08-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
Skyfire kinda "cheats" if you want to call it cheating since your pages go through their servers and then is optimized and sent to your phone. Not like the other browsers that download everything to your phone and then it renders it.
Yeah, Opera does that too. Bounces off servers in the UK. There's an acceptance page that let you know the security risks...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development