PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 05:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DarrellP348 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"NOID"uh doesn't work with purchased sfware

Have to use "NOIDRUU" instead of standard after downgrading bootloader to 2.02, but doing this invalidates previously purchased software....doesnt recognize phone, is there any remedy for this?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: "NOID"uh doesn't work with purchased sfware

What "Purchased Software" are you talking about. And if you're using WM6.1 kitchen use standard and select the right version REV.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DarrellP348 is a n00b

Odyssey Mobile nav and Slingbox, I believe I did that already but will try again, by REV you mean bootloader? Thanks for the input

Last edited by DarrellP348; 07-25-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

noid only relates to flashing a rom. It has nothing to do with software you install by .cab or copying.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DarrellP348 is a n00b

Thanks gguru !, true but after I flash my phone and try to add the previously purchased software, I get the error message that my phone is no longer recognized as the phone I registered the software with.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Talk to the software vendor. That's something they need to address.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:53 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellP348 View Post
Thanks gguru !, true but after I flash my phone and try to add the previously purchased software, I get the error message that my phone is no longer recognized as the phone I registered the software with.
I've seen this happen with Opera. Make sure you have the same Owner Name and Device ID.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DarrellP348 is a n00b

doesn't "NOID" change device ID causing the problem?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Deep Thinker

No. It skips the country code check that inhibits flashing of some ROMs.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DarrellP348 is a n00b

NOiD didn't work at first, after reading alot more, finally figured it was a problem going from 2.04 to 2.02rev, reflashed to 2.02 and my original verizon rom, then flashed the new one and all is right with the world again....can't THANK all here enough!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development