PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 03:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BuildOS question

I am getting ready to create my first Kitchen build. I installed and ran the updater and selected the items I wanted. I went to the Tools menu and selected Calc Rom size. It goes through the compiling process and then at the very end it says Calculating Base Rom Size. Complete. It doesn't tell me what size the rom is. Is there a way to find this out before trying to flash to this rom?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

slowputer is a n00b
Re: BuildOS question

I did the same, but I noticed that: each program now has a size value in the table, and right under the "play" button there is a green bar with the size of your ROM.
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G
Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

You are exactly right! I guess that is what happens when you make a build so late at night! I have 1 last newbie question about using the kitchen. If I unselect word, excel, and powerpoint from the viewers, does this completely remove the microsoft mobile office or just a reader for the office documents? The author of these does not show to be Microsoft so I am assuming the are customize versions. Is this correct?

Last edited by ElAguila; 07-23-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
N00b

slowputer is a n00b

If they are just readers, that is what it is not installed. But I have a sneaky suspicion that those selections are the actual Office files. I was looking at Lenny's and Helmi selections document and Office is not part of their standard kitchen. I would not remove them unless you can install later from a .cab file.

Talking about ROM sizes, wouldn't it be a neat feature if it would do the math as you add/remove options to the kitchen? I had to compile like 12 times until I had the right size.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yep. I am at 56MB right now and I believe the ppc-6700 only has 64mb available for the installation.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowputer View Post
If they are just readers, that is what it is not installed. But I have a sneaky suspicion that those selections are the actual Office files. I was looking at Lenny's and Helmi selections document and Office is not part of their standard kitchen. I would not remove them unless you can install later from a .cab file.

They are the actual microsoft office files, not readers. They don't say microsoft on them because you are looking at who made the OEM, not who made the app. Microsoft made the office apps. Feel free to include/not include them. .Cabs are available if you search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowputer View Post
Talking about ROM sizes, wouldn't it be a neat feature if it would do the math as you add/remove options to the kitchen? I had to compile like 12 times until I had the right size.
Wow that would be cool! Oh, wait, it does that already.

What it doesn't do is show you COMPRESSED size. Currently, all the numbers and the green bar are uncompressed sizes (the width of the green bar gauge, however, is the available rom size - so the green bar will currently fill the gauge long before the rom is actually full). You should be able to cram about 80 MB of uncompressed stuff into an Apache ROM. YMMV.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
Yep. I am at 56MB right now and I believe the ppc-6700 only has 64mb available for the installation.
You don't get the full 64MB. Some of it is taken up by other things.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
N00b

slowputer is a n00b

New issue, still BuildOS: After compiling, RUU starts running, goes through the motions of updating ROM, tells me that it is going to replace one Rom with another and shuts off, leaving the PPC in bootloader mode. What gives?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So we will actually have more space than what the gauge bar is showing, is this what you are saying? I hope so because I only checked word and excel and left everything else unchecked and the bar is almost full.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development