PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XV6700 with WM6 on Verizon

Please make sure you have the phone in bootloader as I explained in my video. (I'm the one who made that video). If you don't it will probably fail. A lot of people have came back here saying, "No!!! This upgrade bricked my phone..." etc. If you put it in bootlodaer, which the kitchen says to do then you sohuldn't have a problem, in the WM6.1 kitchen you match your bootloder version with the "REV dropdown box". If you use a WM6 Kitchen and your bootloder is v1.04 or greater use X.04+, anything under that version E.g. 1.00 or 1.02, use Standared or No_Id for sure on Vista. Have fun, the Apache is one of my favorite devices

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 08-26-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox XV6700
Threadstarter

javaTN is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Please make sure you have the phone in bootloader as I explained in my video. (I'm the one who made that video). If you don't it will probably fail. A lot of people have came back here saying, "No!!! This upgrade bricked my phone..." etc. If you put it in bootlodaer, which the kitchen says to do then you sohuldn't have a problem also if on vista which today I'm going to make a video on how to update drivers to be able to flash your phone on Vista, please use No_Id, in the WM6.1 kitchen you match your bootloder version with the "REV dropdown box". If you use a WM6 Kitchen and your bootloder is v1.04 or greater use X.04+, anything under that version E.g. 1.00 or 1.02, use Standared or No_Id for sure on Vista. Have fun, the Apache is one of my favorite devices
hey thanks for the info! by the way, good instructional video!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaTN View Post
hey thanks for the info! by the way, good instructional video!
Thanks, I hope you've found it useful.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox XV6700
Threadstarter

javaTN is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
You might want to activate it first to make sure it's working; that way if it doesn't work the person you bought it from can't blame it on your upgrading it. Just my way of thinking about it.
****! i just realized this... well, my phone isnt exactly under my dads plan. its under my dads friends. in this case, i have to call him to first activate my phone. if i activate it under WM5, then cook a ROM, and upgrade it to WM6.1, will my phone still be activated? or will i have to re-activate the phone?

i only worry about having to activate the phone twice because my dads friend might get a little pissed off.

anyone else who has verizon know how it works? did u upgrade from WM5 to WM6.1 and have to re-activate your phone over the net, or did you just call the #[number] to get the phone reconfigured over the air?

thanks!
-java

EDIT: im also wondering... when i get my phone, should i first upgrade it to the latest version of WM5, or dont bother to upgrade WM5... just: activate phone > upgrade to WM6.1

Last edited by javaTN; 06-20-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It is just best to activate the phone with the Verizon supported ROM. Then they won't suspect anything and they think everything is kosher. When you flash the new ROM, it won't affect your phone's performance 'cuz the carrier specific info is included in the ROM. However, you pretty much "null and void" any VZW customer support from there on. Not that that is a big deal 'cuz most people on the site know more about the 6700 than the VZW techs. LOL. And if you take it in for repair/turn it in for insurance, flash it back to the original ROM. Unless of course it is totally inoperable (in the insurance case). Bottom line, the kitchens are not sanctioned by VZW.

Edit: Oh, and you can still use OTA update number, I think is #228? That just updates your location and tower info.

Last edited by gambatte; 06-20-2008 at 08:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

agreed, you shouldn't have to reactivate; just make sure that you select Verizon when building your rom in the kitchen.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaTN View Post

EDIT: im also wondering... when i get my phone, should i first upgrade it to the latest version of WM5, or dont bother to upgrade WM5... just: activate phone > upgrade to WM6.1
Once activated, just flash the new ROM. You have to know how the ROM works. ROM=Read Only Memory. You don't update files in the sense of a OS upgrade on your PC. So a sequential upgrade doesn't mean anything. The ROM can't be changed once cooked and installed to the device unless you flash it again. Hope this helps.

Read this post to see how hard it is to get rid of your phone info.LOL.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29362

Last edited by gambatte; 06-20-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: cdma htc diamond
Carrier: revol

AlphaApache is a n00b

can someone break it down better how to download it.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: aaaaaaaa
Carrier: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CruzerZERO is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to CruzerZERO Send a message via AIM to CruzerZERO Send a message via Yahoo to CruzerZERO Send a message via Skype™ to CruzerZERO
Question Re: XV6700 with WM6 on Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Please make sure you have the phone in bootloader as I explained in my video. (I'm the one who made that video). If you don't it will probably fail. A lot of people have came back here saying, "No!!! This upgrade bricked my phone..." etc. If you put it in bootlodaer, which the kitchen says to do then you sohuldn't have a problem also if on vista which today I'm going to make a video on how to update drivers to be able to flash your phone on Vista, please use No_Id, in the WM6.1 kitchen you match your bootloder version with the "REV dropdown box". If you use a WM6 Kitchen and your bootloder is v1.04 or greater use X.04+, anything under that version E.g. 1.00 or 1.02, use Standared or No_Id for sure on Vista. Have fun, the Apache is one of my favorite devices
Thank you very much for the video, it helped me out with my new xv 6700 with now WM 6.1. Any idea on getting it to connect to routers with WPA-PSK w/ TKIP?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Try this link...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9298

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development