PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6.1 19213 Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27071)

Robtao 07-05-2008 10:12 PM

Re: Apache WM6.1 19213 Kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 337619)
I just had this problem. Make sure that you don't have anything included in the ROM that isn't compatible with the device. I had the Titan camera included- when I replaced it with the one for the Apache, it worked fine.
Of course, it could be something completely different...

Nope, you are exactly right. I just came back to post that. It was the Titan camera. I forgot I was trying to see if that would work.

dsmskyline 07-06-2008 02:18 AM

Well I havent been able to do anything thing since the last time I was on. I seen there have been a couple upgrades done so I thought I would try the new ones since people are having better luck with them.

I tried making a new rom, which was successful but the upload the apache was not.

I tired it 2 times and got different errors both times.
First time I selected a couple items to customize it to see if it would work, was only a different dialer skin and selected the opera browser. Rom build was successful, started to burn the rom to the phone and it came to a screen showing the new and old software versions, I clicked continue and about 2 mins later it errored with a error 150, "This ROM upgrade utility is not designed for your device. Please get the proper ROM upgrade utility and try again!"

The second time I made a rom, it was blank, with no selections other than the rom and carrier. This time I tried the noid ruu. The Rom build was successful, but I instantly got the communication error that it was unable to connect to my device.

I have a xv6700 with verizon, build bersion 1.0, when building the rom, I selected ver 1.0 and verizon and made sure all of the selections were for the apache.

Im using the Build OS on a 3 month old HP laptop running Vista Professional. Im wonderig now if maybe the issue I am having is due to vista. Vista has its own mobile controller and I cant seem to shut it off and think that may be part of the issue. My desktop is running xp professional so I want to try it on there and see what the results are. I have not had the apache hooked up to the desktop at all yet, are there any drivers that I will need to be able to use build os for it to recognize the apache so it will burn the rom?

This whole thing has been a nightmare, the phone worked fine until the first time I tried to do the 6.1 upgrade in late May. The first error I got was the error 150, same as stated above and that was with a bare rom with no custom selections. Since then, my phone has been stuck on the boost screen showing serial/usb on the top and v 1.0 on the bottom.

I really hope I can get this corrected so I can use my ppc again. I only had it for a month before the issue happened and school is going to be starting again soon and it will be a pain without it. Ive been looking at the 6800 and the 6900 and can get the 6900 for like $250 from verizon right now but dont want to shell out that kind of money since I just paid $150 for my 6700.

Thanks for everyones help,
Thomas

GaMedic 07-07-2008 11:23 PM

DSMSkyline,
There has to be 3 numbers on the bottom of that screen. That number is your bootloader version. Get a flashlight and shine it at the screen and see what the 3rd number is.

dsmskyline 07-09-2008 07:17 PM

Sorry, I guess my laptop didnt catch all the numbers, they are 1.00, which is what bootloader version i selected when making the rom.

Anyone else using vista without any issues?

Thanks,
Thomas

dsmskyline 07-09-2008 11:04 PM

UPDATE!!!! I finally got it to work! I used my desktop rather than the laptop.

BuildOS not vista compatible?

Thanks for eveyones help,
Thomas

gguruusa 07-12-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmskyline (Post 342150)
UPDATE!!!! I finally got it to work! I used my desktop rather than the laptop.

BuildOS not vista compatible?

Thanks for eveyones help,
Thomas

Currently, BuildOS runs on all Windows platforms supporting .Net 2.0SP1 or later (I highly suggest not running it on Windows 2000, however).

v1.00 bootloader is not compatible with Vista. You'll have to update to 1.02 or later.

dsmskyline 07-12-2008 07:29 PM

Is it possible to upload a rom with a 1.03 or higher bootloader since my ppc is 1.00?

gguruusa 07-12-2008 09:44 PM

bootloaders are seperate from ROM. You can find the 1.02 bootloader, which is all you need, in the "Help for 2.04/2.05 bootloader...." reverson thread in the main apache forum. Just follow the thread, you'll get some different numbers in the first couple of steps since you are v1.00, and then you'll end up w/ 1.02.

brian3000 07-25-2008 12:44 PM

help? there is no apache files in current kithens. need new flash

gguruusa 07-26-2008 06:17 PM

Yeah Yeah Yeah. Patience is a virtue.