PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW
Carrier: Verizon

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 19209 XIP (Support 128M RAM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Ok, it all sounds good so but how do we tell what we have already and what does the 19209 XIP do for us if we only have 64mb ? and the 19701 if we only have 64mb ? Suppose we are able to upgrade the memory, will the phone run any faster than it is currently running (faster than overclocked with "Performance" utility) ? Speed seems to be the only issue that I have with the XV-6700, not memory....
It's not worth it to upgrade to 128MB for the amount of money and afford involved. You rather use that resource to invest in the xv6900 which has 128MB RAM by default. If you every play around with the xv6900 device, you know how fast it is when programs are preloaded in memory. In the case of 64MB of RAM, application must be shut down in order to prevent lockup when RAM is running low.

The 19209 and 19701 XIPs are newer. Core files are fine tune to run faster and more RAM efficient. If you already have overclock running, it won't matter much.

I just traded in my xv6700 for a xv6800 a few days ago and Let me tell you. Big dissappointment in term of performance. The video lagging is very annoying. xv6800 can't play back video as fast as the xv6700 under tcmp or coreplayer. The signal reception is worsen since there is no external anntena stub like the xv6700. Guess, it's a genernal reception sacrifices for device with internal anntena.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development