PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Re: Does Your Apache Lock Frequently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoe View Post
my phone hard reset it self all the time i think it have something to do with the space i have boot loader 2.02 anyone have any ideas I have been trying two Kitchens and no lucky her my Projects file anyone have any clues
I think it has to do with one of your OEM's. It doesn't look like anything that should be causing that problem. Do you mean the device is literally hard-reseting itself, without you doing anything?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
I think it has to do with one of your OEM's. It doesn't look like anything that should be causing that problem. Do you mean the device is literally hard-reseting itself, without you doing anything?
Thanks Pocketpc for reply

yes i install some apps let me make a list but it also sometime dose like a half a$$ reset were some apps are still installed but lot stuff is wiped like registry and the align screen pop up and sometime its a hard reset all wiped
Old 05-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work

That sounds bad, most likely due to software problems. Have you had this happen without installing any software? i.e., does this hard-reset happen after you finish the flash process?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
That sounds bad, most likely due to software problems. Have you had this happen without installing any software? i.e., does this hard-reset happen after you finish the flash process?
i don't use it long enough like that. i have some apps i need but its the same set up as my old 6700 this is a new one i got and the old one never did this. the other one was bootloader 1.04 let me try and see what happens
Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I think i found out what was doing it it was vjtoggletodayii this was the beta ver for WM6 not 6.1 ill see how it goes for while report back later
Old 05-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoe View Post
I think i found out what was doing it it was vjtoggletodayii this was the beta ver for WM6 not 6.1 ill see how it goes for while report back later
Ok, thanks for your update. I hope to hear that you found your verdict, and it was solved.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Lurker

fldude is a n00b

I used to have a horrible time with my 6700 locking up. After months of dark screens of death, I finally figured it out. It seems that I if use a RAM reclaim tool such as Oxios Hibernate, QuickMenu Hibernate or Memmaid ReclaimRam and then press the power button to suspend within a couple of seconds, it'll lock the device so that I won't be able to turn it on afterwards and I end up having to soft reset. Thinking back on it, there were a lot of times where I'd turn the device on, reclaim some RAM while I was at it, and then hit the power button to put it back in suspend. Since I figured this out I haven't had problems with it locking up at all. Something to keep in mind for any other Oxios addicts who are having problems...
Old 05-31-2008, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ok, thanks for your update. I hope to hear that you found your verdict, and it was solved.
it reset on me. now i'm sure its the space if i take a fresh install and begin fulling it up it hard reset it self anyone have this problem
Old 05-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b

I removed the wk-task 1 pixel battery bar. lockups have diminished significantly.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

Brad is a n00b

My phone would lock up all the time until I cleaned the mini-sd card contacts and the slot in which it plugs into. Considering the age our 6700's are getting, this may be common in our phones.

I discovered this after getting so pissed off at my phone that I threw it against the wall. The battery cover, battery, stylus, and memory card all flew off the phone but when I put everything back together (except the memory card cause I couldnt find it for about an hour) the phone worked perfectly. Then when I found the card I realized the phone would lock up about 20 min after I put the card in. Decided to clean the contacts and voila, no more lockups.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development