PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Wm 6.1 ??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17262)

Pdiminico 01-31-2008 02:43 PM

Wm 6.1 ???

Is there a chance that a WM 6.1 Kitchen could happen? I see that the Titan group is working on it. Will it be possible for the Apache?

gguruusa 02-01-2008 03:04 AM

Yes. We've had it for some time. It had issues, so we shelved it. Recent advances have taken it back off the shelf.

Torx 02-01-2008 10:45 AM

i got more donation money ready for a 6.1 update.

Perasite 02-01-2008 11:57 AM

Wow, you guys are amazing! I won't follow up with all the annoying usual questions. Just want ya'll to know we appreciate you.

spetrillo 02-01-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 173777)
Yes. We've had it for some time. It had issues, so we shelved it. Recent advances have taken it back off the shelf.

I love everything you guys are doing. Would it make sense to give us a list of enhancements that you are working on, and some estimates for when you will deliver. I am like Yuma. I dont want to bother you guys with these questions, but others dont completely understand the work you are doing and how much time is devoted to it on behalf of others.

If you need an official spokesperson I would volunteer.

Steve

Lazybones 02-01-2008 05:00 PM

Estimates = deadlines in many users eyes.. I think it is better if they don't talk about ETAs.

It would however be nice to know what they are working on.

fitbryan 02-02-2008 12:42 PM

Looks like its been released for the titan/mogul so hopefully soon?

Sarge, USMC 02-02-2008 06:36 PM

Hats off to all you guys.

gilesmartin 02-02-2008 09:57 PM

i would really be interested in helping out on this if i can.

fitbryan 02-03-2008 02:46 AM

From what I have read it is still very beta. Some issue getting the A-Key (you have to call tech support to get 1 etc..)

sldavis 02-03-2008 03:40 AM

My god this sight and the people behind it are amazing!!!! you guys do as a hobby what the professionals at the cell carers ether cant or will not do thats make wm os stable and usable if it was not for this sight i would have given up on windows mobile and gone back to the palm os. i want to say thanks and keep up the good work!!

gguruusa 02-03-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitbryan (Post 175742)
From what I have read it is still very beta. Some issue getting the A-Key (you have to call tech support to get 1 etc..)

This is a symptom of upgrading the Titan for GPS, nothing to do with WM6.1. No, you can't get GPS on the Apache at this time (probably never).

The official kitchen has yet to be released for Titan, but its close. Apache obviously won't be far behind.

What's likely to be in the next upgrade? There's a link in my sig.

ETA? Christmas of 2020. We'll try to get it out a little sooner :-)

Want to help? Find something you want to do, and do it. We're not proud - you make it, it's good, it'll be adopted.

It'd really be helpful if people would start generating screen shots of the various OEMs and upload them to the ftp. Feel free to use my OEM_pics folder (ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...ruUsa/OEM_pics)

fitbryan 02-03-2008 05:04 PM

Thanks for the update gg. keep up the great work!

jhonny11 02-03-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 175838)
ETA? Christmas of 2020.

Excellent!! :D I was going to suggest putting an eta of something like that to prevent people from asking ;)

Keep up the good work - you guys are awesome!! :)

Perasite 02-04-2008 12:29 PM

The ETA is perfect! If we get it sooner, we are happy. If not, well we knew what to expect!

Robtao 02-04-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 175838)
This is a symptom of upgrading the Titan for GPS, nothing to do with WM6.1. No, you can't get GPS on the Apache at this time (probably never).

The official kitchen has yet to be released for Titan, but its close. Apache obviously won't be far behind.

What's likely to be in the next upgrade? There's a link in my sig.

ETA? Christmas of 2020. We'll try to get it out a little sooner :-)

Want to help? Find something you want to do, and do it. We're not proud - you make it, it's good, it'll be adopted.

It'd really be helpful if people would start generating screen shots of the various OEMs and upload them to the ftp. Feel free to use my OEM_pics folder (ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...ruUsa/OEM_pics)

Are any of mine useful? A few are Personal OEMs. All jpg.
Uploaded to your folder.

gguruusa 02-05-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robtao (Post 177191)
Are any of mine useful? A few are Personal OEMs. All jpg.
Uploaded to your folder.

Those are awesome. Thanks. Hopefully a few more people will lend a hand.

semicharm 02-05-2008 11:32 AM

I haven't even went to 6.0 yet! Is it worth waiting for 6.1? I'd hate to have to flash my phone again in another month or so.

blksun813 02-05-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semicharm (Post 177631)
I haven't even went to 6.0 yet! Is it worth waiting for 6.1? I'd hate to have to flash my phone again in another month or so.

If you're like me, and probably the rest of us, you'll flash your phone 10-20 times trying to find a combination that works best for you. So, having to flash it to 6.1 will be like second nature by the time you're done flashing it with helmi's WM 6 kitchen.

Not to mention, I'll probably wait until the 2nd or 3rd version of the 6.1 kitchen when more of the bugs are worked out before flashing. I wish I had a 2nd 6700 to play with, but I can't afford to miss too many calls.

frenchie 02-05-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blksun813 (Post 177826)
If you're like me, and probably the rest of us, you'll flash your phone 10-20 times trying to find a combination that works best for you. So, having to flash it to 6.1 will be like second nature by the time you're done flashing it with helmi's WM 6 kitchen.

Not to mention, I'll probably wait until the 2nd or 3rd version of the 6.1 kitchen when more of the bugs are worked out before flashing. I wish I had a 2nd 6700 to play with, but I can't afford to miss too many calls.

Geeze I flashed my phone at least 10 times before I gave up on A2DP using the Microsoft stack. I just went to the Universal Broadcom stack and it's been working quite well.

semicharm 02-05-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blksun813 (Post 177826)
If you're like me, and probably the rest of us, you'll flash your phone 10-20 times trying to find a combination that works best for you.

Well, I haven't flashed this one even once. I did it once on the last one, but the headset jack died and the new one had the same ROM version anyway. It was a pain in the ass to reinstall all of my apps and settings, but I guess cooking your own ROM takes some of the string out though... I guess I'll give it a go in a day or so, figure out what apps I want to add and then flash it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchie (Post 178044)
Geeze I flashed my phone at least 10 times before I gave up on A2DP using the Microsoft stack. I just went to the Universal Broadcom stack and it's been working quite well.

I ended up using the hacked Tornado BT files. Not the greatest, but at least it worked.

shaun0207 02-05-2008 06:52 PM

What does 6.1 really improve on the phone? Anybody have a list of all the improvements?

Jay6700 02-06-2008 11:17 AM

I don't know about much, but i do know the threaded text is pretty cool. I saw it on the titan. I'll be monitoring this thread to see what "goodies" come of it, as well as looking for sticky updates that have 6.1 in the title.

fredcatsmommy 02-06-2008 11:42 AM

A friend has the Titan and said the increase in speed made it well worth the upgrade. PIE 6.1, which has a zoom feature, is supposed to be really slow, though.

frenchie 02-06-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semicharm (Post 178133)
I ended up using the hacked Tornado BT files. Not the greatest, but at least it worked.

I gave up. It was so much of a pain. Hopefully 6.1 will have a fully working A2DP stack =D>

Robtao 02-06-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Well, I haven't flashed this one even once. I did it once on the last one, but the headset jack died and the new one had the same ROM version anyway. It was a pain in the ass to reinstall all of my apps and settings, but I guess cooking your own ROM takes some of the string out though... I guess I'll give it a go in a day or so, figure out what apps I want to add and then flash it again.

(

I try to save setup or backup files from each of my apps, like cLaunch (claunch.dat), Mortplayer (the whole edited folder), and RlToday (skin folders), Pocket Informant (settings.txt), Voice Speed Dial 1.2 (VoiceTag.bin) etc on my storage card to simplify and reduce setup time after a flash or hard reset.

The new Kitchen has other ways of making this easier, such as personal settings OEM.

gguruusa 02-06-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

It was a pain in the ass to reinstall all of my apps and settings, but I guess cooking your own ROM takes some of the string out though... I guess I'll give it a go in a day or so, figure out what apps I want to add and then flash it again.

Oh my god yes. Use OEMizer to build a custom OEM for your settings, and you won't mind resets nearly so much. Throw in TAutoinstall and an SD card, and life is very sweet. Donate to Tiermann if you like his stuff.

gilesmartin 02-06-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 179233)
Oh my god yes. Use OEMizer to build a custom OEM for your settings, and you won't mind resets nearly so much. Throw in TAutoinstall and an SD card, and life is very sweet. Donate to Tiermann if you like his stuff.

true that, nothing beats doing a hard reset and having it automatically connect to the net and pull your email contact list and calender because you used oemizer to write your mail2web settings to rom.

mikeklemz 02-13-2008 02:18 PM

What kind of progress has been made on 6.1? Is there anything the community can do to speed things up (i.e. testing a tangible rom...)? Your hard work is appreciated, and I'm jonesing for a flash.

GameDoctor 03-05-2008 11:31 PM

Re: Wm 6.1 ???

Has anyone tested out the Chineese 6.1 that was released for the Apache? There was a link to it in the 128mb memory upgrade posting.

Arlen 03-06-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameDoctor (Post 204292)
Has anyone tested out the Chineese 6.1 that was released for the Apache? There was a link to it in the 128mb memory upgrade posting.

It works well!

gguruusa 03-06-2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeklemz (Post 185513)
What kind of progress has been made on 6.1? Is there anything the community can do to speed things up (i.e. testing a tangible rom...)? Your hard work is appreciated, and I'm jonesing for a flash.

Aside from having broken it earlier tonight, it's moving right along. Several people already have 6.1 roms, and a few have the kitchen. We'll beat the 12/2008 delivery date by quite a bit...

wild orchids 03-06-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 204483)
Aside from having broken it earlier tonight, it's moving right along. Several people already have 6.1 roms, and a few have the kitchen. We'll beat the 12/2008 delivery date by quite a bit...

Aahh!! G, don't go breaking things...I have superglue, will that help? LOL j/k
Guess that's what happens when you work into the wee hours of the night, huh?
I'm keeping a close eye on this thread...good luck and hope to hear some good news soon!

NitroSS 03-07-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlen (Post 204398)
It works well!

How did you install it because I cant seem to get it to work. I keep getting a device connection error.

Fresh2Death 03-08-2008 05:12 PM

does anyone have a link to this wm6.1 rom?? and what is the final verdict on it? does it really work or not? pro's - con's??

mellon 03-09-2008 08:21 AM

i tried 6.1 in Chinese but finally gave up. anyway, i didn't see any change or improvement. presently, i still use Helmi_C 1217.

edgeoffranklin 03-09-2008 08:37 AM

I too am trying to flash Chinese 6.1 and am getting nowhere. I did the "MaUpgradeUt_noIDRUU" and had no trouble but when I try "ROMUpgradeUtRUU" it just stops. Looking at my windows task manager it shows it running in apps but in process "ROMUpgradeUt.exe shows 00 cpu usage. Am I doing something wrong.

NitroSS 03-09-2008 09:46 AM

I got the Chinese ones (WM6.1) to install and work but its all in Chinese. Has the CHS language needs to be English WWE. I tried to change the nk.nbf into a .nba and dump it and edit the files 0804.mui then change them over to the 0409.mui and edit the .hv files etc but I didnt have much luck with all that I got aggravated and gave up because I wasnt sure if I was doing the right thing with what little I could find on it all from searching

aaronpoweruser 03-09-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlen (Post 204398)
It works well!

did u get it in english

gguruusa 03-11-2008 04:52 AM

It's a lot easier to put milk and cookies out. Maybe a few carrots.