PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tinkerbell's 21916 Apache Rom

The link is back up for those interested. Special thanks to @dibbson for providing us a home for our files. With people like him, anything is possible! THANKS DIBBSON!!

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6600, XV6700, XV6900(Dead radio), Back to 6800

spocksbeard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spocksbeard

It's great to see that work is still going on on Apache. My Vogue just died, so I dusted off my old one. (You wouldn't happen to know if "no radio" on the first boot screen is totally fatal would you? I hadn't thought until just now to try to load a new radio.) I have been experimenting with different combinations in BuildOS. I have had very little luck with Bluetooth stereo. I will try your ROM and see if it works better. I tried a Widcom stack for Hermes. It seems to work a lot better, but it is 8MB. When you only start with 40, that's a hard compromise. I noticed a setting for Bitpool for Bluetooth, and in reading up on it I'm not sure it even helps. The thread here on PPCGeeks was inconclusive, but leans toward deleting bitpool setting alltogether and adding a SampleRate set at 48000. I will check back after trying your ROM. By the way, do you use PPCKitchen for ROMs or do you have a more down and dirty method?
Thanks for all the ROMs over the years.
Spocksbeard
Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Lurker

spocksbeard is a n00b

I tried loading your ROM last night and noticed the big announcement about not being able to downgrade. What's that all about? I like to experiment, and I don't want to be stuck. Does this ROM have the extra large bottom bar and the tiny top bar? I can't use several of my favorite apps with that type. I really like Wisbar and Resco explorer to name 2 that do not play well with that type of bars. Is there a way to go back to the old sizes with the newer ROMs?
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksbeard View Post
It's great to see that work is still going on on Apache. My Vogue just died, so I dusted off my old one. (You wouldn't happen to know if "no radio" on the first boot screen is totally fatal would you? I hadn't thought until just now to try to load a new radio.)
Yes, that is an known issue with the Apache, on some devices the radio just goes away. It is a hardware issue. You can try and flash a radio to your device, what have you got to loose? =]
Quote:
I have been experimenting with different combinations in BuildOS. I have had very little luck with Bluetooth stereo.
I don't use the bluetooth myself, but I think I installed support for it in this Rom. Let us know how it works for you. Build 21916 is a solid wm 6.5 base.
Quote:
Thanks for the support over the years.
Spocksbeard
Thank you for saying that!!

Quote:
I tried loading your ROM last night and noticed the big announcement about not being able to downgrade. What's that all about? I like to experiment, and I don't want to be stuck. Does this ROM have the extra large bottom bar and the tiny top bar? I can't use several of my favorite apps with that type. I really like Wisbar and Resco explorer to name 2 that do not play well with that type of bars. Is there a way to go back to the old sizes with the newer ROMs?
Thanks.
No, the larger bottom bar is associated with wm 6.5.x builds. This is a wm 6.5. Also, as long as you have a BL of v2.05, you will be fine with this Rom. That warning is for those trying to flash this Rom image with a mismatched BL.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Lurker

spocksbeard is a n00b

When you say BL v2.05, Is that the number that shows up at the bottom of the screen in bootloader mode, because mine shows v1.00 on all 3 Apaches that I have. The phone that lost its radio is a Vogue XV6900. I tried a bunch of the radios and ROMs that are parts of the GPS ROM fix. So far, no go. I have gone from 6600 to 6700 to 6900 and back to 6700. I'm currently trying to create the best combination of apps and features for me, in PPCKitchen's BuildOS. Which is a great tool, BTW. I just wish it had some way of it letting me know how many things I can add before it will fail to compile. I have created a hundred bad combinations. That is one big drawback of the 6700. Not enough memory.
Thanks again. If it's safe to try your ROM with v1.00 I will give it a shot.

Last edited by spocksbeard; 10-10-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Lurker

spocksbeard is a n00b

Oops, I forgot to ask. Do you have a photo viewerthat will work on Apaches in PPCKitchen's BuildOS, or elsewhere? I have tried the Captain, Opal, and the other one that I can't name at the moment. None of them will allow rotating or easy zooming.
I remember them having better features when I used them on my 6900, Is it hardware dependent? or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.
Spocksbeard
Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
When you say BL v2.05, Is that the number that shows up at the bottom of the screen in bootloader mode, because mine shows v1.00 on all 3 Apaches that I have.
Yes, that is what I was referring to, sorry for the confusion. If you have a v1.00 device, this Rom will not work for you, sorry.
Quote:
The phone that lost its radio is a Vogue XV6900. I tried a bunch of the radios and ROMs that are parts of the GPS ROM fix. So far, no go. I have gone from 6600 to 6700 to 6900 and back to 6700.
Yes, it sounds like you are having a hardware issue there.
Quote:
I'm currently trying to create the best combination of apps and features for me, in PPCKitchen's BuildOS. Which is a great tool, BTW. I just wish it had some way of it letting me know how many things I can add before it will fail to compile. I have created a hundred bad combinations. That is one big drawback of the 6700. Not enough memory.
Thanks again. If it's safe to try your ROM with v1.00 I will give it a shot.
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks... the good news is that you get a feel for what you can run after a few tries. It is best to just start with a basic build and add two or three selections at a time until you hit the limit. We have build hundreds of Roms for the Apache, it is all a bit of trial and error!!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Oops, I forgot to ask. Do you have a photo viewerthat will work on Apaches in PPCKitchen's BuildOS, or elsewhere? I have tried the Captain, Opal, and the other one that I can't name at the moment. None of them will allow rotating or easy zooming.
I remember them having better features when I used them on my 6900, Is it hardware dependent? or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.
Spocksbeard
Let me look through my notes here... it has been a while!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Lurker

spocksbeard is a n00b

I now have what I think is the best bunch of features crammed into my 6700 ROM.
I have been using 21889 as the base in BuildOs. You must think the 21916 ROM is better. Is there a way I could get my hands on the 21916 files to build my own?
I am currently having problems with freezing and white screens. I just bought a bunch of rechargable backup batteries for Apaches. I am thinking that having a working backup battery should help with the freezing issue. I should get them this week and will find out.
Thanks again
Old 10-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Lurker

spocksbeard is a n00b

Are there any major differences between the two base ROMs?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development