PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 20071217 Bugs/Patches (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14063)

charleskincade 02-28-2008 09:25 AM

Re: Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 20071217 Bugs/Patches

I've had this installed on my phone for quite some time but my only problems are that sometimes my phone locks up and then secondly, my battery still drains excessively. Can anyone help. I'm only running weatherpanel and have the htc home plugin enabled.

zopassos 02-29-2008 10:52 AM

Problem upgrading

I hated my 6700, then I upgraded to AKU 3.5... great job.. as someone said to me at that time, "you will love your 6700", and I did. But now I'm having trouble upgrading to WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) .

I followed the step-by-step Ga. Medic posted late last year, but when I upgrade my phone, it does appear to upgrade the OS, but no custom OEMs are installed, none! HTC Today, Office Excel, Resco Explorer... none of those (and I did selected those before pushing play). Here is what I've done:

1. I downloaded the kitchen and the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar
2. Extracted the kitchen to C:\BuildOS
3. Copied PPCGeeks_OEM.rar to root
C:\BuildOS
4. Opened the kitchen (Apache_Helmi_WM6 PPC-BuildOS)
get error message:

"Required module not in project"
Module: Flash Video Bundle
Ref: 84adafa4-dd3d-4e12-9dd8-3d20107e9193

5. Pressed "OK" in the error message
6. Kitchen seems to open with no aditional problems, some OEMs are already selected
7. I chose the OEM I would like to install
8. Selected :

RUU: Standard, Carrier: Generic, BootSplash: custom image, Main Splash: Default

9. Then I pressed the "Play" button in the upper left corner and waited until de process was over, everything looked fine.
10. Followed Ga. Medic and kitchen's instructions step-by-step, no problem either
11. When it was over I hard-reseted my phone
12. When the phone turned on it booted like always (using the custom splash image I selected). And when it finished booting it started a "Customization" process, installing some of my carriers preloaded programs (which were stored at Extended ROM folder)

13. No custom OEMs were installed, but the OS is upgraded...
14. All the OEMs I had (like HTC Today) were gone. Not even the standard games are installed... just Bubble Braker and Solitaire.

Any ideas? I've tried the whole process 3 times and had no luck.

Thanks for the help and sorry if someone else already asked that, couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

gregpilot 02-29-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

12. When the phone turned on it booted like always (using the custom splash image I selected). And when it finished booting it started a "Customization" process, installing some of my carriers preloaded programs (which were stored at Extended ROM folder)
Simple answer: Do not allow carrier customizations to run. They usually disable features, anyway. The kitchen will install what is needed by your particular carrier.

Two options: Unlock your ext rom, make it visible (you can install a .cab file to do this or make the registry edits yourself..there is a word doc floating around here called "6700 tweak guide or similar) and DELETE all of your ext rom. You will gain about 10 mB of space to install your stuff. Make a copy of its contents if you want before deleting, but I have never needed anything in mine. The carrier customizarions will not run.

Option 2: After hard resetting, there will be a pause and a screen will pop up saying "carrier customizations" will begin. SOFT RESET before that process begins and they will not load. You can do this now, without reflashing the kitchen. Just hard reset, wait for customizations to begin, and immediately soft reset. The ext rom will still have the carrier junk, but it will not be loaded to your phone.

Hope this helps.

gmdphd 03-02-2008 01:13 PM

How do you get that Today screen? Is that HTC Home?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poestaboy (Post 154334)
I installed the apache Kitchen and it has the tweaks and all except it still has the basic layout..how do i get it to have this layout?
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4310/sshot001gb0.png

oh can u link me to the page that explains how to go about that

Van G 03-02-2008 11:46 PM

In order from top to bottom:
HTC Home
Windows Live Search
Owner Information
Tasks
Calendar

You can modify HTC Home through Settings->Personal->Today

Van G 03-02-2008 11:47 PM

Bump for Help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van G (Post 187077)
I've got the same issue and I think it's related to ActiveSync - Exchange connection. I also have the problem that the phone will be kicked out if ActiveSync activates to sync with Exchange server.

I'm running Radio 1.14.00

Can the 6700 not sustain Data and Voice simultaneously?

Is this solved by an update in radio versions?

zopassos 03-03-2008 09:24 AM

Thanks gregpilot, but actually the problem was that my PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file was corrupt. It was just 36Mb when it should be 44Mb. And anyway my carrier is not listed (Movilnet, Venezuela), so I think I have to let it autoconfig (at least that's what I read somewhere).

Anyway I'm still having some trouble with the new system.

I downloaded PPCGeeks_OEM.rar again and installed everything back again (this time with no error messages), but I still can't make some of the programs to work.

1. Advanced configuration and the game TripYeez! are an example. When I try to open them, I get an error message:

AdvancedConfig.exe
"The file 'AdvancedConfig' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

2. When I set the "X" button to "End programs by tapping 'X'" (Settings -> Task Manager -> Button) the "OK" button appears to malfunction. For example, when I try to edit a contact and then hit "OK" at the top-right of the screen, it simply closes my contacts without saving the changes I made. Another example: When I open an image, then set it as background, choose the transparency and then hit "OK", nothing happened, the image was not selected as my background.

3. Sometimes my cell phone becomes crazy trying to dial a data connection, even when there is no running programs asking for it (i.e. IE, Messenger, Skype etc). The only way to stop it is to soft reset the phone... really annoying.

4. Sometimes the icon from a program in the "Launcher" tab of the HTC Home disappears... usually something from microsoft (IE or File Explorer). Why?

5. My Office Mobile folder is missing from "Programs". It just appears in the "Start Menu". But the Office itself works fine...

6. I can't edit my buttons (under Settings -> Buttons). When I choose a button, and then select "Assign a program" it simply empties the assignment and no option appears to me. When I try to hit "ok", or simply leave this setting, a message saying something like "you have to assign something" appears, leaving me stuck in that screen with no assigned program.

Thanks,
Z.O.

Kreigz 03-03-2008 12:22 PM

Hey, guys, I recently cooked a ROM from the Dec release (first time - had been using the Nov release). Everything looks good, but for one thing: the data connection icon on the top bar never goes to standby, always indicates active (never shows the little arrows, just the big ones).

I searched some in the thread but couldn't find anything. Also, one problem I had with the Nov release is present in this one as well. When I get a MMS, the video plays, but I can't see anything in the window. I have to save the object to somewhere else, then I can play it from there.

gguruusa 03-03-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zopassos (Post 200537)
... And anyway my carrier is not listed (Movilnet, Venezuela), so I think I have to let it autoconfig (at least that's what I read somewhere)....

If you let carrier customizations run, you will likely have problems. Please send us your extrom so we can make a carrier OEM.

midniteslice 03-04-2008 11:09 PM

has anyone pinned down the reason why the carrier customizations casue so many problems?? i dont' know enough about how all this works and i'm curious.