PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herules View Post
You are making me rethink, I have over the weekend to decide, thanks for the input! I have to agree with fitbryan, they are kinda ugly........

I have to say that it is really not that ugly. The screen bezel is a brushed aluminum look and the rest is blue as you know. Its really suddle. Not obnoxious as you might think. Get the 6800. You will like it. Its definitely an upgrade. I can do all that I can do with it that I was doing with the apache. I think that it has better performance and screen sensitivity.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
I went and played with it the other day. It is a bit slimmer which is nice but come onnnnn its ugly lol. They really blew it there.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer
its more of a love hate with the 6800 i personally went and saw it... played with it today... and i liked it... im having problems with my 6700 and wouldnt mind upgrading to the 6800 + i like the color blue
Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

blizzard07 is a n00b
My Joystick went on my 6700 this past weekend. I called Verizon and they said I can go into the store and exchange for $50, but they will give me a 6700 refurb.

Has anyone else been told that?
Will I get there and if they do not have any 6700, will they give me a 6800?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Normally I would probably wait, but I lost my stylus, wall charger went up in smoke, battery is over two years old and my ebcase fell apart. Time to upgrade .
Old 12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530

hunter is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard07 View Post
My Joystick went on my 6700 this past weekend. I called Verizon and they said I can go into the store and exchange for $50, but they will give me a 6700 refurb.

Has anyone else been told that?
Will I get there and if they do not have any 6700, will they give me a 6800?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Normally I would probably wait, but I lost my stylus, wall charger went up in smoke, battery is over two years old and my ebcase fell apart. Time to upgrade .
Had the same problem except a lot more than the joystick stopped working, just tell them you know that the refurbs are junk and have lots of problems. On many of the refurbs they dont replace the joystick/d pad which ends up failing again. The joystick problem is a very well known problem for the 6700's. I talked to a supervisor on the phone first and he set me up for the 6800 for 50 bucks then he noted it on my account. When i went to the store they read the notes, a manager had to put in some access code to allow the extra discount, and away i left with a 6800 for 50 bucks and a mail in rebate for 50 so in the end its free.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6800
Carrier: VZW

PUREKB is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to PUREKB
So ok my 6700 usb connection broke on monday. call VZW and they gladly offered to send me a refubished replacement 6700. got the phone today and the phone looked very nice. cooked a rom for it and had it all setup. then i went to make a call and noticed a high pitched squeel comeing from the phone. now it only did this when the screen was on. so called VZW back they said they would send me another replacement 6700. i hope i dont get another POS. i tried to get them to replace it with a 6800 but no luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Just refuse it. I went through 3-4 refurbs (they were all junk). Eventually they will agree to give you a new device. Again, all it takes is negotiating skill and standing your ground guys

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development