PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
I changed my phone from 'hybrid' (EVDO or 1X) mode to '1X only' and my battery life doubled. I could actually make it an entire workday on one charge. I would assume this setting helped as I live in a small town that only has 1X service; so stopping the phone from continuously trying to find a EVDO tower saved power.

This weekend I was looking at my Active-Sync settings and was shocked to see that it was set to sync with the receipt of every message (Exchange server w/direct push at work). I changed it to sync every hour, I still get emails as they arrive but have to manually hit send/receive if I want changes I have made on the phone to sync to the server before the next hour. After about 9 hours today I was still at 70%.

I know my battery is about shot as it will die in 15 min with wifi enabled. I ordered a couple new batteries and can't wait to see how long a 'good' battery will last.

For me that is the most noticable in battery drain is using Wifi. I don't get but 30min or so using Wifi. I can't say for much else as it isn't activated and don't use data therefore.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

familydog is a n00b
bad battery life new kitchen

I HAVE SAME ISSUE. i have seen this happen before - with ipaq 4700 new rom caused terrible battery life. entire world up in arms agianst hp for it...hp issued rom fix, which successfully solved the problem. SO I AM SAYING THAT THEIR IS SOLID EVIDENCE THAT A NEW ROM CAN CAUSE THIS PROBLEM. I CAN LIST LINKS TO IT IF NEEDED FOR PROOF. OK, NOW THAT WE HAVE ESTABLISHED THE PROBLEM IS VALID.. WHAT NEXT.

If i remember details, something in new rom was causing outlook to sync
constantly instead of at assigned, or not at all times... so i think the outlook was running in background constantly when unit was even off, killled battery very quickly.

i am not saying this is the problem just offering a bit of info i have on it.

IF THIS PROBLEM CONTINUES...IT WILL NEED TO BE DEBUGGED.
PERHAPS ADD IN A THIRD PARTY POWER CONTROL APP TO THE KITCHEN THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.

I WOULD ALSO SAY THIS.. TRY REFLASH ROM WIHT NO PHONE PROVIDER AND ADD THE CAB FILE FOR PHONE SERVICE SEPERATLY AFTER FLASH...
USE AN OLDER VERSION OF PHONE CAB....NOT ONE IN KITCHEN... THAT COULD VERY EASILY SOLVE PROBLEM

I WILL RESEARCH TOO. IT CAN ALSO BE THAT THEIR IS SOME OEM POWER AND BATTERY CONTROL FILE OR APP THAT WAS LOST IN THE NEW ROM ..AND NO ONE KNOWS IT....

THIS IS HARD PROBLEM TO FIX WILL TAKE TIME AND EFFORT ON ELIMINATION OF POSSIBILITIES THAT COULD CAUSE IT.

ANOTHER ISSUE IS THAT SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY DONT HAVE IT.SOME DO....

PERHAPS IT IS ONLY PROBLEM TO ONE TYPE OF APACHE... MABY VERIZION MODEL BUT NOT SPRINT MODEL.... HARD TO SAY AT THIS POINT...

IF YOU READ THIS AND DO HAVE THIS PROBLEM ...TELL PHONE TYPE AND PHONE COMPANY

THIS COULD TAKE A COUPLE MONTHS TO SOLVE. MEANWHILE BUY HEAVY DUTY BATTERY FOR APACHE 6700.... YOU KNOW YOU ALWAYS WANTED ONE ANYWAY !!! HAHAHAHAHAH
Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
N00b

familydog is a n00b
Me I Am Verizion Black 6700 W/latest Kitchen And Not Much In It On Phone
Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 PM
N00b

familydog is a n00b
Yes! This Is Problem Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck95 View Post
If you added performance to your kitchen (overclocking), the default is to have the Enable dynamic cpu freq changes unchecked, Took me a week to figure out to check this box. Went from charging twice a day to not needing to charge for two days. "Start, settings, system, performance"
IF YOUR BATTERY IS GOOD ONE, NOT NEEDING REPLACEMNT FOR BEING OLD OR BAD.... THEN THIS IS PROBLEM SOLUTION FOR BAD BATTERY LIFE....

YOU MUST REALISE IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THIS BOX YOU CPU WILL RUN ABOUT 100MHZ OVERCLOCKED CONSTANTLY ALL TIME AT 520. IF YOU CHECK BOX FOR DYNAMIC THEN YOU CAN RUN AT NORMAL 427 (OR WHATEVER IT IS , THATS CLOSE) AND THEN AS LOAD ON CPU INCREASES DYNAMIC PROCESSING BOOST PROCESSOR UP AS NEEDED...AND THEN BACK DOWN WHEN NOT....

VERY GOOD EXCELLENT FIND, SOLVE PROBLEM OF BAD BATTERY LIFE.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:45 PM
N00b

familydog is a n00b
I Have Tested This And It Is True , Box Must Be Checked And Battery Life Will Be Good. Uncheked And It Is Bad
Old 12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
You solved all that in 10 minutes?

Anyway, with this kitchen and a new battery I just got a month ago, I'm having no problems on a Sprint Apache. I'm still on Radio 1.27. I unplugged this morning at 7:00am, made and received 3-4 phone calls about 2-5 minutes each. Used WiFi for 20 minutes, used 1x data for 10 minutes, S2U2 running and it shuts off the phone after 1 minute. Still at 90% battery at 3:15pm my time.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 12-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Jeff_Birt is a n00b
Wink

Yeah he tested that all in 10 minutes =D>

...obviously a time machine was involved to accelerate the natural battery drain...

I guess it takes all types.....
Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

alansupra94 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to alansupra94
I just got that extended battery and it really helps....I use it all day with bluetooth and music and stuff and it lasts the whole day no problem
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by familydog View Post
Me I Am Verizion Black 6700 W/latest Kitchen And Not Much In It On Phone
The problem is, there are several versions of even the Verizon Black 6700. When I replaced mine through insurance (the first one was crushed), it was replaced with a phone that had different plastic (felt thicker), different icon on the physical OK button, and didn't have some of the functional issues I suspected were hardware problems (even running the original ROM).

So if hardware related, this could be harder to track down than 1st imagined.

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansupra94 View Post
I just got that extended battery and it really helps....I use it all day with bluetooth and music and stuff and it lasts the whole day no problem

Does anyone know the following:

1) What's the maximum size battery you can add with original battery door?

2) Is the 1800 mAh extended battery thicker than the 2400 mAh?

3) Is it worth the extra cash to buy a name brand battery?
(example, I found an AccessoryOne 2400 mAh for $7.00, and a USstarCom 1800 mAh for $60.00).

Gervy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development