PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) - UPDATED 20071217 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074)

ImCoKeMaN 11-05-2007 08:24 AM

Yay the Official PPCGeeks Apache Kitchen is released! Great work Helmi, Luv2Chill, GGuru, Tiermann and others. I know each of you put a LOT of time in this and it is definitely a huge improvement in the whole kitchen idea. Thanks for building a new BuildOS just to save your selections GGuru, you sure scope creeped that project into something wonderful!

lennysh 11-05-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ga. Medic (Post 114064)
I can't wait to get off work to play. Thanks for all your hard work. Did you guys work with verizonguy at all on this? It seems that he put a lot of time and effort into his kitchen. I am guessing this one is totally different. Anyway thanks and I will play soon.

No, we did not work with verizonguy with this kitchen. He did his by himself, and this one was made by the world famous PPCGeeks Kitchen Team!! Of course, none of this would have been possible without Helmi_c!!!

Mysterious253 11-05-2007 09:29 AM

Adding More OEM

I Have More Programs I Want To Add To The List And Im A Complete Noob. To All This...So I Need Some Help...Do I Add The Programs To The Rar. File Or Will That Mess It Up?

Thnx

lennysh 11-05-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterious253 (Post 114077)
I Have More Programs I Want To Add To The List And Im A Complete Noob. To All This...So I Need Some Help...Do I Add The Programs To The Rar. File Or Will That Mess It Up?

Thnx

Read the tips.txt file. All your custom oems should go into User_OEM.

Kolano 11-05-2007 09:33 AM

A bug collecting thread for this release has been posted.

Arlen 11-05-2007 09:54 AM

It is a great news! Thank you, Helmi_C!

zlich 11-05-2007 11:02 AM

first off... THANKS to all of you for your hard work. u guys rock!!!

How do you remove or disable that battery indicator at the top? i am used to with the htc quick menu and when i enable it, the icons overlap. is there a way to disable it?

other than that... man i love it.!!!

thanks
zm

luv2chill 11-05-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlich (Post 114092)
first off... THANKS to all of you for your hard work. u guys rock!!!

How do you remove or disable that battery indicator at the top? i am used to with the htc quick menu and when i enable it, the icons overlap. is there a way to disable it?

other than that... man i love it.!!!

thanks
zm

Yes, I know people seem to be split about 50/50 on that battery meter. So if you look in the Tweaks group in BuildOS there is a checkbox for "Clock in Title Bar". That will remove the battery meter and change it back to a clock.

Edit: and if you prefer not to reflash you can make the change yourself by modifying this registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
"ShowTitleBarClock"=dword:0

Change to a 1, power off for 10 seconds, then soft reset.

zlich 11-05-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill (Post 114099)
Yes, I know people seem to be split about 50/50 on that battery meter. So if you look in the Tweaks group in BuildOS there is a checkbox for "Clock in Title Bar". That will remove the battery meter and change it back to a clock.

I was talking the about other battery indicator. the context menu gives me options to change the view to analog, percent, percent+analog, percent+memory, memory+analog.

i did disable the regular battery meter with the "Clock in Title Bar".

any idea?

lennysh 11-05-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlich (Post 114110)
I was talking the about other battery indicator. the context menu gives me options to change the view to analog, percent, percent+analog, percent+memory, memory+analog.

i did disable the regular battery meter with the "Clock in Title Bar".

any idea?

Where do you see this? please post a screenshot if ya can..

EDIT: If ya can, post a copy of your saved selections.txt file so we can see exactly what was installed..