PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) - UPDATED 20071217 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074)

TMB_XV6700 01-11-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhaulkid (Post 159115)
i know im a pain being new but can someone help with the questions on the modules not present message when i open the kitchen, models for all offioce prudustcs and voice command and dialer...do i need these to have office? also when i build my kitchen i save it with another name and i go to upload to phone and it gives a a message saying something not built yet? sorry for the something but i didnt wite it down...sorry and thanks i want to get this done i canr wait

uhk,
gguruusa answered you above, in the post right after yours. Most likely you need to download the ppcgeeks_oem.rar file and save it in the root of the BuildOS folder (do not unpack it). Typically, this means save it to c:\BuildOS, NOT c:\BuildOS\BuildOS

icr8stf 01-11-2008 11:40 AM

This is great. Thank you.

Now can anyone lead me to a listing of extra's that I can impliment. Most of all I am missing the HTC welcome screen. I miss my big clock.

charliej89 01-11-2008 01:09 PM

problem you guys, im sorry but please help

i downloaded, extarted the file, then i Clicked..
"build os", then i keep getting this message "file dump/browser96 allready exists"

then i go delete or rename the files just like the "help " pdf says,

but i just keep getting more errors in the same process(building os)........

someone please help

gguruusa 01-11-2008 02:35 PM

I'm curious how you "delete or rename the files just like the help pdf says', since the files in quesion can't be gotten to easily. Did you add additional OEMs to the USER_OEM folder? If you extracted PPCGeeks_OEM.rar, that's where you went wrong...you shouldn't extract it, just leave it as a .rar.

gguruusa 01-11-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icr8stf (Post 159239)
This is great. Thank you.

Now can anyone lead me to a listing of extra's that I can impliment. Most of all I am missing the HTC welcome screen. I miss my big clock.

PPCgeeks_OEM.rar has most of the desirable OEMS. You can also look in the new OEMs folder in my signature for others, though the quality of the OEM will be less than those in PPCgeeks_OEM.rar (they haven't been updated for the new kitchen in most if not all cases).

Gervy 01-11-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 159097)
You can't uninstall something in a ROM. On the plus side, even if you could uninstall, you couldn't use the space for something else without reflashing.

ON a related note:
If I upgrade a program that's in the ROM, will it "replace it" (I know not in location, but in functionality via a registry entry). Say for example, I install the newer MMS?!?!?

GErvy

uhaulkid 01-11-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 (Post 159134)
uhk,
gguruusa answered you above, in the post right after yours. Most likely you need to download the ppcgeeks_oem.rar file and save it in the root of the BuildOS folder (do not unpack it). Typically, this means save it to c:\BuildOS, NOT c:\BuildOS\BuildOS

im truly sorry to be a pain but i was not sure if thats what he meant so id rather ask then kill my phone, sorry to upset you ut id rather do it right...thanks i will do that and hope for the best...thanks agin....

TMB_XV6700 01-11-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhaulkid (Post 159696)
im truly sorry to be a pain but i was not sure if thats what he meant so id rather ask then kill my phone, sorry to upset you ut id rather do it right...thanks i will do that and hope for the best...thanks agin....

No upset at all (for me anyway). Gguruusa has played a huge role in developing this kitchen, and his advice shouldn't be ignored. My post was simply an echo.

uhaulkid 01-11-2008 10:32 PM

well i did it! you all are the greatest! how you all do this stuff is beyond me but you all make our life so much betterr! if i can do this anyone can....now i just need to figure out how to make all the cool things i have now work to my benifit....lol...and i ned to add the iphoine pack...yes i know go buy and iphone.....att only....NEVER! thanks guys!

charliej89 01-12-2008 04:43 PM

okay, i installed that "netfront", i installed the "kitchen"

then i put the ppcgeeksoem.rar in the folder without unraring

then i pur "build os"

everything went good until it said there was an error creating or building something

what am i doing wrong? ive tried it in different computers like 10 times