PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 AKU 0.7.0 Kitchen RC (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10998)

verizonguy 11-03-2007 11:59 PM

Apache WM6 AKU 0.7.0 Kitchen RC

Note: The group effort kitchen is now available so in the best interests of the community I'm "stepping aside" so that we don't have multiple versions of the same rom out there. I will leave this available for those that would like to continue using it or to use it for reference purposes but am discontinuing development on this project.

For the most part everyone has been appreciative of the work I've put in so thank you for that.

Helmi Apache WM6 AKU 0.7 Kitchen
Windows CE OS 5.2.1620 Build 185080.7.0
Current Version: RC1
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....ache/Kitchens/

In this version, I've ported the official AKU 0.7.0 XIP to the rom and resolved known, confirmed bugs including infrared & known sd card issues.

As with the development versions, this is based on the original work of Helmi and input/feedback from the community.

I require no credit or acknowledgement for all the work I've put into this--just please when you get a chance, send a paypal donation to Helmi.

One condition to use this Kitchen: If you choose to make a custom rom from it and post it for others, please include Helmi in the title or give credit to Helmi_c when you post it. With WM5 kitchens, people used his work without giving him the proper credit. This can be really frustrating. Helmi is responsible for much of where we are today.

Bootloaders: It is recommended you use Bootloader 2.0.2 on your Apache. If you have flashed the most recent official Verizon ROM, you most likely have v*.0.5 which won't allow you to flash large ROMs including most WM6 roms. If you want to "downgrade" to *.0.2, go here

Carrier Customization OEM packages: I didn't bother re-inventing the wheel here. The old oem packages are included in RC1 as the others working on the "official" kitchen have already done the work to update the packages to the latest available extended rom customizations. You can use the old ones for now.

Do not post a bug unless you're running the most recent version available. Do not post a bug unless you've read the entire thread. Do not post a bug or complain about the work of Helmi or myself if you have entitlement issues and think you're owed something.
Please don't PM me unless I've asked you to. The volume of PMs has been overwhelming.

Enjoy
-vzg

phoenx06 11-04-2007 12:58 AM

Hooray for Verizonguy!

biglcny 11-04-2007 01:07 AM

Do you have a change log between 0.6c and RC1?

And, Hooray for Verizonguy as well!

phuangk 11-04-2007 01:13 AM

Does this release changed the Simple PIN Locked up problem on 6700?

rspppcgeeks 11-04-2007 02:09 AM

Just downloaded and cooked a ROM. Everything looks pretty good except...

I don't have an Office Mobile folder under programs. The office app executables are present in the Windows directory. But there are no shortcuts. I saw a report in the other thread about this, but I just looked again and it appears that it was reported in one of the earlier builds, but folks didn't mention it in 0.6c

Awesome work vzguy (and of course kudos to helmi_c) :-)

verizonguy 11-04-2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biglcny (Post 113255)
Do you have a change log between 0.6c and RC1?

ported aku 0.7 XIP (execute in place). Previous devel versions were running aku 0.7 but not it's XIP.
changes to sdhc drivers for broader support.
lowered default SD I/O to be stream-friendly and play nicely with small cards and both fat formats.
Tracked down infrared beam problem and fixed it.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks (Post 113282)
Just downloaded and cooked a ROM. Everything looks pretty good except...

I don't have an Office Mobile folder under programs.

The Office Mobile folder is there. It is in the start menu, not under programs.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phuangk (Post 113259)
Does this release changed the Simple PIN Locked up problem on 6700?

I haven't been able to find the cause of the delay for the password screen issue present in wm6 roms.

rspppcgeeks 11-04-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 113284)
The Office Mobile folder is there. It is in the start menu, not under programs.

Doh!

Thanks.

sunny1974 11-04-2007 03:04 AM

no link for rc1 . there are 2 links for 3.5 and 6b in the ftp folder.. looks like sumone messed up with the files there.. please post again..
verizonguy.. whats does RC stand for ? and what does official mean ? XIP rom means? thanks for the good and hard work..
hope u included the reliance prj file in there this time.. i did decode it from the wm6 helmi rom but havnt tested it.. yet.. phone codes n all work in this too? i guess u didnt figure in the touchflo which is working good in the helmi original release.. scrolling is easy with that in it.
waiting..