PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 AKU 0.7.0 Kitchen RC (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10998)

trehouse 11-04-2007 10:08 AM

Programs Question...
Sorry if this has been answered (I've searched and searched and read and read) but can you please indicate what cabs are in the kitchen? I've seen the fixes, etc. Thanks.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trehouse (Post 113384)
Programs Question...
Sorry if this has been answered (I've searched and searched and read and read) but can you please indicate what cabs are in the kitchen? I've seen the fixes, etc. Thanks.

Kitchens don't contain cabs. If you mean what issues have been fixed, all known issues except the password screen quirkiness.

spetrillo 11-04-2007 11:05 AM

Vendor Extended ROMS

Ok I have a quick question regarding what is in RC1 and in the latest Verizon AKU 3.3. Did the vendor customizations change? I had flashed AKU 3.3, and downloaded the extended ROM to my PC. I would like to know if there is any reason to incorporate this into the kitchen, or just default to the 2.07 customizations.

VZG what a great job. I have been with you since you started this trek and I have really enjoyed it all. I have a great device now that I might be able to put off the purchase of the 6800 for at least 6 mos.

Thanks,
Steve

trehouse 11-04-2007 11:13 AM

Verizonguy thanks for the clarification.

vilord 11-04-2007 11:33 AM

RE: Customizations

This is a custom rom kitchen, so you do not want to use the vzw or sprint customizations from any version of the release roms. Don't use the AKU3.3 stuff and also don't use the 2.07 stuff.
There are options in the kitchen itself for the required customizations.

I'll say that once more: Skip the customizations by soft-resetting when it says will customize in 3 seconds. If you let the customizations run, it will break things!

What I gathered from the OP is that vzguy is using the older customizations from helmi's 3.5 kitchen, rather than spending his time rebuilding the new ones for WM6 (helmi et al are already doing that).

Schwartz 11-04-2007 11:49 AM

Does this address the issue of the camera freezing when you try to send MMS from it then?

Thanks

nkawal 11-04-2007 12:28 PM

Once again, Live services dont work on RC1, cant access email, unable to login to messenger...

Wolf71 11-04-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkawal (Post 113451)
Once again, Live services dont work on RC1, cant access email, unable to login to messenger...

Your carrier is responsable for this fault, in my case both wifi and evdo connections works excellent on live services

guitardoc64 11-04-2007 01:26 PM

Wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 113328)
Not sure, perhaps on a private forum. I have been working on this alone. I prefer it that way. If it gets too structured, it's like a job instead of an enjoyable hobby.

This really surprised me. I had assumed that you were at least in contact with the "official" kitchen team, and this was a beta to source out bugs, et al. Wow. You've come out with what? seven kitchens in the past few weeks? Some with corrections within hours of the original posting. I am in awe.

downloading RC......

verizonguy 11-04-2007 01:55 PM

If you're having the blank device id issue, go here.