PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 AKU 0.7.0 Kitchen RC (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10998)

verizonguy 11-03-2007 11:59 PM

Apache WM6 AKU 0.7.0 Kitchen RC

Note: The group effort kitchen is now available so in the best interests of the community I'm "stepping aside" so that we don't have multiple versions of the same rom out there. I will leave this available for those that would like to continue using it or to use it for reference purposes but am discontinuing development on this project.

For the most part everyone has been appreciative of the work I've put in so thank you for that.

Helmi Apache WM6 AKU 0.7 Kitchen
Windows CE OS 5.2.1620 Build 185080.7.0
Current Version: RC1
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....ache/Kitchens/

In this version, I've ported the official AKU 0.7.0 XIP to the rom and resolved known, confirmed bugs including infrared & known sd card issues.

As with the development versions, this is based on the original work of Helmi and input/feedback from the community.

I require no credit or acknowledgement for all the work I've put into this--just please when you get a chance, send a paypal donation to Helmi.

One condition to use this Kitchen: If you choose to make a custom rom from it and post it for others, please include Helmi in the title or give credit to Helmi_c when you post it. With WM5 kitchens, people used his work without giving him the proper credit. This can be really frustrating. Helmi is responsible for much of where we are today.

Bootloaders: It is recommended you use Bootloader 2.0.2 on your Apache. If you have flashed the most recent official Verizon ROM, you most likely have v*.0.5 which won't allow you to flash large ROMs including most WM6 roms. If you want to "downgrade" to *.0.2, go here

Carrier Customization OEM packages: I didn't bother re-inventing the wheel here. The old oem packages are included in RC1 as the others working on the "official" kitchen have already done the work to update the packages to the latest available extended rom customizations. You can use the old ones for now.

Do not post a bug unless you're running the most recent version available. Do not post a bug unless you've read the entire thread. Do not post a bug or complain about the work of Helmi or myself if you have entitlement issues and think you're owed something.
Please don't PM me unless I've asked you to. The volume of PMs has been overwhelming.

Enjoy
-vzg

phoenx06 11-04-2007 12:58 AM

Hooray for Verizonguy!

biglcny 11-04-2007 01:07 AM

Do you have a change log between 0.6c and RC1?

And, Hooray for Verizonguy as well!

phuangk 11-04-2007 01:13 AM

Does this release changed the Simple PIN Locked up problem on 6700?

rspppcgeeks 11-04-2007 02:09 AM

Just downloaded and cooked a ROM. Everything looks pretty good except...

I don't have an Office Mobile folder under programs. The office app executables are present in the Windows directory. But there are no shortcuts. I saw a report in the other thread about this, but I just looked again and it appears that it was reported in one of the earlier builds, but folks didn't mention it in 0.6c

Awesome work vzguy (and of course kudos to helmi_c) :-)

verizonguy 11-04-2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biglcny (Post 113255)
Do you have a change log between 0.6c and RC1?

ported aku 0.7 XIP (execute in place). Previous devel versions were running aku 0.7 but not it's XIP.
changes to sdhc drivers for broader support.
lowered default SD I/O to be stream-friendly and play nicely with small cards and both fat formats.
Tracked down infrared beam problem and fixed it.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks (Post 113282)
Just downloaded and cooked a ROM. Everything looks pretty good except...

I don't have an Office Mobile folder under programs.

The Office Mobile folder is there. It is in the start menu, not under programs.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phuangk (Post 113259)
Does this release changed the Simple PIN Locked up problem on 6700?

I haven't been able to find the cause of the delay for the password screen issue present in wm6 roms.

rspppcgeeks 11-04-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 113284)
The Office Mobile folder is there. It is in the start menu, not under programs.

Doh!

Thanks.

sunny1974 11-04-2007 03:04 AM

no link for rc1 . there are 2 links for 3.5 and 6b in the ftp folder.. looks like sumone messed up with the files there.. please post again..
verizonguy.. whats does RC stand for ? and what does official mean ? XIP rom means? thanks for the good and hard work..
hope u included the reliance prj file in there this time.. i did decode it from the wm6 helmi rom but havnt tested it.. yet.. phone codes n all work in this too? i guess u didnt figure in the touchflo which is working good in the helmi original release.. scrolling is easy with that in it.
waiting..

GameDoctor 11-04-2007 03:22 AM

Verizonguy,

Where are the "others" that are working on the official kitchen doing their work? Are they using another forum?

sunny1974 11-04-2007 03:35 AM

i got the file finally after removing all old cookies n things from my IE.. sorry.. and thanks again...

gguruusa 11-04-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameDoctor (Post 113308)
Verizonguy,

Where are the "others" that are working on the official kitchen doing their work? Are they using another forum?

A lot of the work happens over IRC. All of the bug reports and fixes posted on PPCGeeks are read and tested against the official kitchen, so everyone who posts is "working" on the official kitchen. When the kitchen is ready, it'll be announced here.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny1974 (Post 113303)
verizonguy.. whats does RC stand for ? and what does official mean ? XIP rom means?

RC == Release Candidate. It indicates that the rom is stable and nearing release status. It means we're near the end of the testing phases.
XIP as I wrote above means execute in place. Mike Calligaro did a great job of explaining it. Read this if you're really interested. By official 0.7.0 I mean that it is not only running the aku programs and resources--it also is running the core of the os.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameDoctor (Post 113308)
Verizonguy,

Not sure, perhaps on a private forum. I have been working on this alone. I prefer it that way. If it gets too structured, it's like a job instead of an enjoyable hobby.

jtuned 11-04-2007 04:19 AM

is it worth the update if i already have the other version you had up installed?

verizonguy 11-04-2007 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtuned (Post 113329)
is it worth the update if i already have the other version you had up installed?

.06c is ok, if you don't use the infrared beam, stream media from your memory card or have a memory card larger than 4GB, but I recommend updating to RC1 so you're using the true core of the aku.

jtuned 11-04-2007 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 113332)
.06c is ok, if you don't use the infrared beam, stream media from your memory card or have a memory card larger than 4GB, but I recommend updating to RC1 so you're using the true core of the aku.

cool deal. thanks.

6 is cool for now. ill stick with it...ill wait for the offical release to come out.

so i dont have to edit reg settings and stuff all over again.

itsamemario 11-04-2007 09:44 AM

You are the man verizonguy. I'm really glad someone understands the whole setup and is willing to dedicate their free time to help us out for free. The new WM6 is very slick. I wish though that when we updated roms that I didn't have to go through setting my e-mail all back up again. It is a small price to pay though for update.

friguy3 11-04-2007 09:49 AM

ahhhh...the file is not in the ftp. what is going on? someone needs to lock the ftp so this jerky cant delete files anymore. i want my wm6 :( oops...found it. he he...here we go. yippie

trehouse 11-04-2007 10:08 AM

Programs Question...
Sorry if this has been answered (I've searched and searched and read and read) but can you please indicate what cabs are in the kitchen? I've seen the fixes, etc. Thanks.

verizonguy 11-04-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trehouse (Post 113384)
Programs Question...
Sorry if this has been answered (I've searched and searched and read and read) but can you please indicate what cabs are in the kitchen? I've seen the fixes, etc. Thanks.

Kitchens don't contain cabs. If you mean what issues have been fixed, all known issues except the password screen quirkiness.

spetrillo 11-04-2007 11:05 AM

Vendor Extended ROMS

Ok I have a quick question regarding what is in RC1 and in the latest Verizon AKU 3.3. Did the vendor customizations change? I had flashed AKU 3.3, and downloaded the extended ROM to my PC. I would like to know if there is any reason to incorporate this into the kitchen, or just default to the 2.07 customizations.

VZG what a great job. I have been with you since you started this trek and I have really enjoyed it all. I have a great device now that I might be able to put off the purchase of the 6800 for at least 6 mos.

Thanks,
Steve

trehouse 11-04-2007 11:13 AM

Verizonguy thanks for the clarification.

vilord 11-04-2007 11:33 AM

RE: Customizations

This is a custom rom kitchen, so you do not want to use the vzw or sprint customizations from any version of the release roms. Don't use the AKU3.3 stuff and also don't use the 2.07 stuff.
There are options in the kitchen itself for the required customizations.

I'll say that once more: Skip the customizations by soft-resetting when it says will customize in 3 seconds. If you let the customizations run, it will break things!

What I gathered from the OP is that vzguy is using the older customizations from helmi's 3.5 kitchen, rather than spending his time rebuilding the new ones for WM6 (helmi et al are already doing that).

Schwartz 11-04-2007 11:49 AM

Does this address the issue of the camera freezing when you try to send MMS from it then?

Thanks

nkawal 11-04-2007 12:28 PM

Once again, Live services dont work on RC1, cant access email, unable to login to messenger...

Wolf71 11-04-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkawal (Post 113451)
Once again, Live services dont work on RC1, cant access email, unable to login to messenger...

Your carrier is responsable for this fault, in my case both wifi and evdo connections works excellent on live services

guitardoc64 11-04-2007 01:26 PM

Wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 113328)
Not sure, perhaps on a private forum. I have been working on this alone. I prefer it that way. If it gets too structured, it's like a job instead of an enjoyable hobby.

This really surprised me. I had assumed that you were at least in contact with the "official" kitchen team, and this was a beta to source out bugs, et al. Wow. You've come out with what? seven kitchens in the past few weeks? Some with corrections within hours of the original posting. I am in awe.

downloading RC......

verizonguy 11-04-2007 01:55 PM

If you're having the blank device id issue, go here.

sunny1974 11-04-2007 02:00 PM

installed and working since 9 hours now.. looks good..
is there any chance the startmenu shortcut to running programs might be interfering with the X button of htc . it did seem a tad slow to respond on occasions ..since its used very often.. so the idea to get it from start menu was great.. u dont have to dig up the corner of the screen ..
the major issue i had with this was the phone ringer.. u cant put any other ring apart from a certain ones.. it selects it and then when the ph rings its the same old one... i cant find any worthwhile loud ring in this which works.. its important for me to have a loud ring at times when ur outside.. i read this issue before to sumwhere here. this wasnt there in the orignal wm6...
but really apreciate ur hard work and dedication to help people with all these goodies and personally solve their problems..
thanks a ton once again to u verizonguy and helmi and all the other people who made this possible..

hunter 11-04-2007 02:20 PM

Have quick question, Currently have Helmi's WM6 loaded on my xv6700, the bootloader is 1.04 I am trying to update with new vzguys rc1. here are my issues 1) i am using vista business with newest mobile device center and the phone spontaneously disconnects from active sync, when it goes to the upgrade screen 2) if i put phone in bootloader mode the rc1 rom says that it cant find the phone, or that the rom does not work with this phone. I have tried it also on an XP machine and have similar problems. I didn't have any problems upgrading to helmi's 6.0 from verizon aku 3.3

sunny1974 11-04-2007 02:30 PM

any way to put the earlier "new" instead of "calender "on the soft key 1. i did go to the change soft keys but didnt know what to put instead of calander.exe ? thanks..

ppc6700freak 11-04-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 113502)

Are you able to read and reply to e-mails? When I click the Messages in the WL gui I get prompted to select an account. Windows live is not in the list.

guitardoc64 11-04-2007 02:33 PM

I'm still having issues with the phone program. The touch dialer does not work, and the dialpad isn't there. Activating the phone I get an invisible dialer(dialer is there just no skin) and have to install the big button .cab to get the phone. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

verizonguy 11-04-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardoc64 (Post 113524)
I'm still having issues with the phone program. The touch dialer does not work, and the dialpad isn't there. Activating the phone I get an invisible dialer(dialer is there just no skin) and have to install the big button .cab to get the phone. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

It's got to be something you're changing, removing or adding. Try to build the kitchen using default options with only checking off your carrier's extended rom. Then change one thing at a time until you see what is breaking your rom.

biglcny 11-04-2007 04:28 PM

VZG,
Are we gonna see the dialer removed from the rest of the rom so we can select the dialer like the WM5 kitchen in any future releases? Currently I have to run a cab every time so i can get my inactive data arrows back and so that when I dial *228 the correct messages are displayed.

I'd also like to see the ability to have the default crossbow dialer.

guitardoc64 11-04-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 113569)
It's got to be something you're changing, removing or adding. Try to build the kitchen using default options with only checking off your carrier's extended rom. Then change one thing at a time until you see what is breaking your rom.

I'll agree with that, it's gotta be something I added. OEMs posssibly?
I'll give the reflash a shot, and when I figure it out I'll post the results to prevent others from the same....
Thanks man!

Trident 11-04-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny1974 (Post 113520)
any way to put the earlier "new" instead of "calender "on the soft key 1. i did go to the change soft keys but didnt know what to put instead of calander.exe ? thanks..

Install WM5 NewMenu and use that to select the text and the program.

nkawal 11-04-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppc6700freak (Post 113523)
Are you able to read and reply to e-mails? When I click the Messages in the WL gui I get prompted to select an account. Windows live is not in the list.

exactly whats happening.............this has been happening since the last kitchen as well