PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Helmi wm6.1 ROM
Carrier: verizon

rawdeadfish is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderr911 View Post
First off, where do you find what radio version you have? I think I have Radio Version 1.00 but am not for sure.
Settings --> Device Information. Third item from the top, Radio version.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
I think i am going to revert back to 1.41 for a couple days... I have been getting way too many DSOD's lately and nothing has changed but the radio... I even went as far as building a completely bare wm6 rom with nothing butthe bare necessities and was still getting DSOD's... I'll report back after i have tested more...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
went to 1.43 and dong great so far...ill keep you updated, but no problems so far

Old 11-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
The radio won't cause DSOD.

The radio is the portion of the device that allows it to communicate and makes it a phone. Think of it as the operating system for the phone part of your device. v1.43 has been very stable and trouble free for me. Good reliability, sound, reception and clarity.

As far as battery issues, the WM6 roms that have been released including my kitchen have all been performance oriented. If you want to make your battery last longer, search your registry for power management entries and enable them. turn off beam in the communication manager and uncheck accept all beams. Those few things will signifigantly extend your battery life at the cost of performance.

You can also pick up a cheap extended battery on ebay, but they stick out a bit and may not fit your case if you're using one.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
The radio won't cause DSOD.

The radio is the portion of the device that allows it to communicate and makes it a phone. Think of it as the operating system for the phone part of your device. v1.43 has been very stable and trouble free for me. Good reliability, sound, reception and clarity.

As far as battery issues, the WM6 roms that have been released including my kitchen have all been performance oriented. If you want to make your battery last longer, search your registry for power management entries and enable them. turn off beam in the communication manager and uncheck accept all beams. Those few things will signifigantly extend your battery life at the cost of performance.

y
y
You can also pick up a cheap extended battery on ebay, but they stick out a bit and may not fit your case if you're using one.
you know i thought that too but reverted back to 1.41 and have not had an issue, maybe my phone it self just needs to be replaced..
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development