PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)
Carrier: Sprint

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So what's the deal?

So the Kitchen has been out for sometime now and none of you Big Dogs have a custom ROM for the public yet. What's the deal?

I actually made my first ROM using the kitchen! Well kinda, I just went to the FTP site and copied a few OEM's that I use. I have yet to make my own OEM yet. I started to mae an OEM for Oxios apps, but they don't have any registry entries so I really didn't know how to proceed. I would also like to learn how use OEMizer for my personal settings, but that is also still a mystery to me.

While I'm on the topic...Do any of you super senior members have any recommendation on how I can learn more about what I'm doing. I have been pretty successful reading directions and figuring things out, but I would really like to dive into the deep end and truly understand what we do here. I would love to find some good web based class I could take the zeros in the developing in the mobile environment. I feel like all I do now is leech what others have learned.

Anyway, if anyone has input for me, drop a line.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
I would imagine most people are waiting for the bugs to be worked out and a polished base established to build upon. My kitchen was a solo project based on Helmi's work, but some of our other experienced people are working on a unified "team" project of the same thing, which is bound to be more polished. This release will be considered a more "official" version than mine.

As for what you can do to learn, read read, then read some more. Everything I've learned, I've taught myself by trial & error & by reading messageboard posts on various sites. There is some excellent info right here at ppcg.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
I would imagine most people are waiting for the bugs to be worked out and a polished base established to build upon. My kitchen was a solo project based on Helmi's work, but some of our other experienced people are working on a unified "team" project of the same thing, which is bound to be more polished. This release will be considered a more "official" version than mine.

As for what you can do to learn, read read, then read some more. Everything I've learned, I've taught myself by trial & error & by reading messageboard posts on various sites. There is some excellent info right here at ppcg.
I would have to agree, I have learn a lot in the short time that I have been a member of this site. This all began because I wanted to find a program or two to add to my 6700. Well, tons of reg tweaks, ROM Flashing, and hours spent cruising site forum...I am still in search of tweaking for the perfect device.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lazybones is a n00b
I would not class the current WM6 stuff as anything but beta. It simple contains too many problems that heavy business users might get stuck on, like the Simple PIN lockup issue.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360discgolf View Post
So the Kitchen has been out for sometime now and none of you Big Dogs have a custom ROM for the public yet. What's the deal?

I actually made my first ROM using the kitchen! Well kinda, I just went to the FTP site and copied a few OEM's that I use. I have yet to make my own OEM yet. I started to mae an OEM for Oxios apps, but they don't have any registry entries so I really didn't know how to proceed. I would also like to learn how use OEMizer for my personal settings, but that is also still a mystery to me.

While I'm on the topic...Do any of you super senior members have any recommendation on how I can learn more about what I'm doing. I have been pretty successful reading directions and figuring things out, but I would really like to dive into the deep end and truly understand what we do here. I would love to find some good web based class I could take the zeros in the developing in the mobile environment. I feel like all I do now is leech what others have learned.

Anyway, if anyone has input for me, drop a line.

most of the "big dogs" stopped baking roms with the 3.5 kitchens, prior to the bell rom release and the updated "hybrid" kitchen. The newer kitchens became so easy to use that you can bake your own very easily. Most of the guys that were doing it way back, like colonel and luv are working on polishing the ppcgeeks kitchen, so they wont be releasing a rom that they have to maintain too. Just make your own, and if you feel you have an awesome rom, release it to the public
Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro

jhonny11 is a n00b
I finally read through the docs and found that with this kitchen it's actually pretty nice and easy to use Not sure about all the bugs - for the most part mine has been fairly stable. And with most of the software in the rom, I have very little I need to install afterwards. Love the kitchen! Great work to all that have done work on it!!! (and yes, I did send some $$ to helmi

p.s. if anyone has an oem for wisbar lite or pocket breeze I'd be happy (yes I know they are commercial - but both just need a reg number. I have my own which I won't be sharing
Old 10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonny11 View Post
I finally read through the docs and found that with this kitchen it's actually pretty nice and easy to use Not sure about all the bugs - for the most part mine has been fairly stable. And with most of the software in the rom, I have very little I need to install afterwards. Love the kitchen! Great work to all that have done work on it!!! (and yes, I did send some $$ to helmi

p.s. if anyone has an oem for wisbar lite or pocket breeze I'd be happy (yes I know they are commercial - but both just need a reg number. I have my own which I won't be sharing
I don't know about Wisbar Lite, but there is already an OEM for PocketBreeze, thanks to Tiermann. I just added one that I updated with the latest version of PB (5.3.06) in the "Working OEMs" folder on the FTP site. Look for it there. I've got it running on my build and it works great.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro

jhonny11 is a n00b
awesome! Thanks!

hadn't seen it before...
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
This release will be considered a more "official" version than mine.
I don't know VG. You really set the bar pretty high with your kitchen. oh thanks again for the kitch.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGixxer View Post
I don't know VG. You really set the bar pretty high with your kitchen. oh thanks again for the kitch.
I dunno I would have to disagree with that I've had nothing but problems with it and many ppl I've heard about it from have had loads of issues as well

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development