PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
is there going to be a fix for the notes and office, or is there going to be a kitchen 0.3...about to download 0.2...should i wait?
0.3 may be a few days. I have the office thing fixed, but haven't found the cause of the notes problem yet.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
Also with v1 is anyone else having problems with notification sounds? The default ones do not seem availiable to be selected in setting even though they are in the windows folder...
Thanks for catching that. Some ringtones were left out of the kitchen.

Quote:
As for office I just recreated the shortcuts for word, pp and excel into the office folder...
That's not even necessary. The problem was simply that the batch file had set the lnk files all to hidden...so to fix office until I put out 0.3, just open total commander go to the office mobile folder and change the properties to not be hidden on the shortcuts.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Thanks, downloading v2 now...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 10-21-2007, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
I noticed alot of the DSM files are zero byte which means the OEM's need to be run through BuildDsm.exe, If you having trouble try re running BuildDSM on the OEMs you would like to use and see if that fixes problems such as WSOD....

Currently my boot screen is completely garbled... but it loads up fine after the garbled boot screen.

Boot Loader 1.00
Used Stock Build OS config minus a few oems.
Flashed from XP
Yes if its zero bytes then it probably is not working or files need to manually be drag-dropped.

I have this problem with BuildDsm.exe regardless of XP or Vista.
It runs on 2 HP laptops (one XP & one Vista)
But does not run on 2 Gateway laptops (one XP & one Media Center Ed).
I tried all dll solutions in various directories without remedy so gave up on the gateways.
So double click on the file to see if it runs without error popup.

I like the Idea of a kitchen 2 play with, so I downloaded it, but will wait 4 Helmi kitchen to use as I don't want to debug my OEMs twice, since there will be 2 kitchens then.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

You white screen people seem to all have sprint. can you try building the kitchen without changing any options at all and then using option 1 for flashing? Try this with and without the sprint extended rom checked and let me know what happens.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor
white screen

ok ihave sprint itried it with all the game the ext rom and a few of the other extras but didn't have any problems other than the office link and notes rom was cooked on a xp home machine and my bootloader is 2.02
Old 10-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbiter View Post
ok ihave sprint itried it with all the game the ext rom and a few of the other extras but didn't have any problems other than the office link and notes rom was cooked on a xp home machine and my bootloader is 2.02

are you using V1 or V2?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
Verizonguy,
I just flashed the new kitchen earlier today, and have run into a couple of problems, but as I go through all of the pages of this thread I see a common pattern with an easy fix. It seems to me that based on the majority of these complaints, including my own, .03 should be released quickly with only one major fix. Change the batch file settings on ALOT of the files to no longer be hidden. The today themes, ringtones, and the majority of the files included in the ROM are set to HIDDEN, and this seems to be causing alot of problems. And even worse, TotalCommander, Resco File Explorer, and the default file explorer are unable to change the properties of these files at all. None of the property changes stick, they all revert to their default properties. I am oddly enough enjoying beta testing and would love to contribute as much as possible to the kitchen, so PM me if there is anything I can do to assist.

Thanks Helmi and VerizonGuy!
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!

Last edited by the18thtee; 10-21-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Jimskalajim is a n00b
I have Sprint and was able to fix the white screen by not including my custom oem package that I created for another kitchen. The OEM was one made to change my owner name, start customizations etc... So far it works fantastic for me. I'm curious though that one of the best things about Helmi's rom was the built in file explorer but this Veriznguys seems to have the old file explorer.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the18thtee View Post
Verizonguy,
I just flashed the new kitchen earlier today, and so far it is very disappointing
Are you kidding me? F off, seriously you ungrateful putz. If you read the damn post you'd see that it is not even close to being ready and is still very rough. People like you disgust me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development