PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Homescreens

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6/Crossbow: No plugins/Octro

Done by myself...

Update!:
- Changed Color scheme so that it is easier to read
- Made version for Octro users

I'm also adding a newer version with the Octro IM client built in (see below the Mail/SMS/Voicemail line) to show status/incoming messages.

Attached Files
File Type: zip crossbow_home_488.zip (9.9 KB, 253 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip crossbow_octro_203.zip (10.1 KB, 104 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

walterdo is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to walterdo Send a message via AIM to walterdo Send a message via MSN to walterdo Send a message via Yahoo to walterdo
And this is installed how again?

Having brain cramps again...must be that time of the month
Previous Devices - HTC XV6600, Samsung i600
XV 6700 User - VerizonGuy's WM6 ROM Devl4
Radio 1.43
Pimp Your ROM
Old 03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterdo
And this is installed how again?
c'mon, you haven't learned Homescreen basics yet?

You put both files under \Application Data\Home

Then select Crossbow under Start --> Settings--> Home Screen
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

walterdo is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to walterdo Send a message via AIM to walterdo Send a message via MSN to walterdo Send a message via Yahoo to walterdo
OK, feeling really dumb now, but have to ask.

I do not have that directory under my Application Data, So I did create it and place the files there, but I have no Home Screen Options under settings in my Current ROM. Am I missing something that I have not exposed or loaded yet?

Edit: Do we need to have something like Wisbar 2 Advanced to do this stuff?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks Mal, looks great!

Isn't XML fun? LOL

EDIT: My task manager looks like this now, hard to read in certan lighting conditions. Any quick fixes you can think of?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Nice work Mal!

Hope to learn all about making Homescreens this weekend.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc
Thanks Mal, looks great!

Isn't XML fun? LOL

EDIT: My task manager looks like this now, hard to read in certan lighting conditions. Any quick fixes you can think of?
Yup I noticed that too...

I completely re-vamped the color scheme now as to avoid that problem. I also added a Red highlight for item-selection, which I find more eye catching.

See 1st post for updated file.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cool, thanks!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC 6800
Carrier: VZW

eleazar is a n00b
Hey Malatesta...i don't suppose you'd be willing to make it for portrait phones...would ya? i hate to keep preaching the same tune lol, but i hope there are other portrait users here as well. And I have yet to find any portrait homescreens that have support for the Octro plugin I would love to have a facade homescreen with Octro. Maybe i'll have to learn how to do this myself
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar
Hey Malatesta...i don't suppose you'd be willing to make it for portrait phones...would ya? i hate to keep preaching the same tune lol, but i hope there are other portrait users here as well. And I have yet to find any portrait homescreens that have support for the Octro plugin I would love to have a facade homescreen with Octro. Maybe i'll have to learn how to do this myself
Yeah, I'm definitely not taking requests...too much work, lol. Sorry.

The good news is the reason why I made the landscape is b/c there are a few portrait ones out there already. Here is a nice one just released last week:

http://www.modaco.com/Windows-Mobile...5-t252409.html

as far as octro, the plugin is one line of code. You just substitute one line for another, or squeeze it in somewhere. I highly encourage you to play with the .xml as it is not hard and much more satisfying.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Homescreens