PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IMPORTANT! Do not update firmware if Jailbroken/Unlocked!!!

So I know that 4.0.2 and 4.1 don't have an unlock nor jailbreak.

But my brother bought an iphone 4G 16GB from the US (locked to AT&T) and it had the 4.0.2 firmware (he never asked me, he wanted to surprise me).

Now, he cannot return it. So what can he do? Is there a way to unlock it? He doesn't mind paying 20-40$ to have it unlocked because he has been waiting over 1month for an update for jailbreak and unlock but nothing new.
So his phone is only an EXTERMELY expansive Ipod

Please advise
Old 10-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Well tell him to hang tight for a few more days. The 4.02 and 4.1 jailbreak is supposed to drop literally any day now. But he had better NOT UPDATE TO 4.1. it has a new baseband that is currently unlockable. When the 4.02 jailbreak comes out I Will post it here immediately. So subscribe to this thread. Also, never ever pay for a jailbreak or unlock. They are always free and simple to do. It is next to impossible to brick an iPhone. Just tell him to hang tight for a few more days.

-sent from my HD2 running Android 2.2 MIUI ROM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:37 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I updated to 4.1 using Tiny Umbrella tools that allowed me to keep my current baseband. SWEET!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Well tell him to hang tight for a few more days. The 4.02 and 4.1 jailbreak is supposed to drop literally any day now. But he had better NOT UPDATE TO 4.1. it has a new baseband that is currently unlockable. When the 4.02 jailbreak comes out I Will post it here immediately. So subscribe to this thread. Also, never ever pay for a jailbreak or unlock. They are always free and simple to do. It is next to impossible to brick an iPhone. Just tell him to hang tight for a few more days.

-sent from my HD2 running Android 2.2 MIUI ROM
SUBSCRIBED

Thanks Orangekid

If I have any questions, I'll sure ask you here in this thread, that way it would benefit everyone else as well
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development