PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > GSM HD2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD
Carrier: AIS

bobsbbq is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow [ROM][TMO][21-4-10]LIA ROM Series [STD+GLASS] V1.7 23563 2.10 Smooth_Fast★ExtendirV2★

Quote:
This ROM Series is now Universal, with the default build being the Std Lost in Asia Look.
Then with the complete DC GLASS Theme as a option in Preset Installer.

More Screen Shots in Post 4 Below

INTRODUCTION:

Quote:
First I would like to Thank a few people who have helped me, and some great friends who I have worked together with. Sorry if I left anyone out.

jerpelea: who posted his kitchen and inspired me to start cooking, and has helped me a lot.

XannyTech: Thank you for your friendship, and working together to better our cause.

Miri: Thanks for all your help and patience my friend, You are a great inspiration to me.

Bepe: for your great Kitchen tools. And HSPL for LEO

Ervius: For your Wonderful Visual Kitchen for Bepe's Tools

Da_G: Thanks for you sharing your kitchens

Kwbr: for your help and Blackstone cooking class. One of the most knowledgeable cooks on xda and a good inspiration to others

Olinex, Cotulla: for his HSPL. without this what would we do

NGRZ28: For some tweaks from your kitchen. Thanks

NeoS2007: For your continued graphics support and help.

Sparkienl: For you providing the updates for the Ervius Visual Kitchen for our Blackstone.

OndraSter & Airxtreme For you Visual Kitchen. A Great Fast Easy to use Kitchen.

Djcedric, Whiskeybro, Dinik: For your great graphics and Themes

And many other great cooks and friends here.
Quote:
First Let me say, Everyone has different taste. This is why we have so many different ROM's to choose from. Most all of the ROM's here are good and I find it just comes done to personal preference. Some people like black others don't, some like ROM's ready to go out of the box, others don't and want to configure themselves etc etc.

This ROM is made with some changes from the stock ROM. It uses the Latest MS builds and a few customizations. With some of my personal start menu organization. I like a clean start Menu. I have made some tweaks for speed and stability. I find that our HD2 is already plenty fast for any user so there is no need to cut up and gut out our ROM's to gain some small amount of unnoticeable improvement. I also like to give users the choice in how they like to configure there ROM which is why I use Preset Installer. There will be Many programs you can install from Preset Installer instead of having them built in. I have added a few apps, and a few removed. You can load them from cabs found here on XDA or Through Preset Installer. Or let me know and I can provide it for you.

** Before you FLASH this ROM-YOU MUST HAVE HSPL2 I recommend 2.08 HSPL. See this thread for HSPL and instructions. Please we owe it to Donate to DarkForces Team HardSPL by bepe and Cotulla. Without our HSPL were would you be?
NEW Rom Online

What is the Difference from the TMOUS ROM and my other ROM's?
First while my other ROM's will work just fine on TMOUS HD2 I have decided to make these versions more specific. Changes made are as follows:

1. I use all the T-Mobile settings, this includes wap, MMS, Opera default TMOUS setting and preferences, WiFi preferences,etc.
2. All phone related settings, for NLS, operator specific settings etc.
3. T-Mobile Active Sync Icon and settings.
4. Internet tab has all the original TMOUS shortcuts.
5. All TMOUS email account settings.
6. All TMOUS security certificates.
7. All Manila TMOUS specific settings like Weather cities, Fahrenheit degree, Time zone, etc.
8. Some more I can't remember just now.

The point is I want this ROM to be as close as it can to the original TMOUS ROM.

Which ROM is right for me?
Preloaded Version
: Comes with most all software and apps and is ready to go after flash.
Preload is also a Full version of HTC Sense With all Languages included.
Preload also is good for users who wish to apply themes and or add and remove manila mods etc.

Regular Version: Rom is a light base ROM that can be customized to anyone needs through Preset Installer. This ROM is also faster because all the apps loaded after flash benefit from the Extendir performance increase.
Many of the stock and custom apps have been removed for installation through Preset Installer.
Manila is less than half the size of the ship ROM. More than 3000 files are removed from the windows folder with this version.
Manila is cfc compressed, and all Lang files except WWE are removed.
Manila mods are uninstallable, if you uninstall a manila mod you will have to reinstall manila again from Preset Installer. (Not a big deal only 2 min)

LIA DC GLASS V 1.7 23563 TMOUS Preload with 2.10 HTC Sense 2.5 Full Language CFC

Make sure you Flash Radio 2.08.50.08.02 before flashing this ROM, or you will have a device stuck at HTC screen
LIA ROM Series V 1.7 23563 TMOUS Preload WWE
MD5 Checksum: BCF5B3CE795308831FC284AF8B5C9B71

================================================== ================================================== =============

LIA ROM Series V 1.7 23563 TMOUS Regular with 2.10 HTC Sense 2.5 Full Language CFC

Make sure you Flash Radio 2.08.50.08.02 before flashing this ROM, or you will have a device stuck at HTC screen
LIA ROM Series V1.7 23563 TMOUS Regular WWE
MD5 Checksum: 74EF6B2E5D691B71BEA73DBB0DB926E1

================================================== ================================================== =============

Quote:
How to install?:

Copy the Extendir folder found in download to the root of your storage card. Flash the ROM as usual, Soft Reset, then go to Applications folder in Start Menu and select Preset Installer. When Preset Installer comes up you can click next and install the programs or utilities you want by checking the boxes for each program. You can Also choose from one of the Preset Configuration if available for that version. Then Click next and then install. NOTE: A box with a bold check will install automatically to Device, if it has a faded check this means you will be prompted for install location. This is needed for programs that require user intervention like FingerKeyboard Google Mapsetc. Don't let device go to sleep during install!!. Device will reboot after installation. You can remove any of the programs as needed from the Remove programs in System. I have made some new .cab files with shortcuts to my Start Menu folders structure. So if you try to use these cabs on another ROM it likely will not work. Read the install instructions inside the Extendir folder. WARNING do not copy or redistribute any of the cabs found in my Extendir Folder. I name them with LIA to distinguish them as being modified for my ROM. Some of these apps are proprietary and can cause trouble if posted somewhere else.
Quote:
Preset Installer is a Visual UC Interface which allows you to add your Cabs and customizations after Flash. See this Thread for More Info:

WARNING 1: Read the Installation Instructions found in Extendir folder.
WARNING 2: Read the instructions and this thread carefully. I take no responsibility for any harm to your device. Flash at your own risk.
WARNING 5: It is recommended to use one of these Radio's before flashing to prevent problems with Hang at HTC Screen. 2.07.50.27_2, 2.08.50.08.02

Known Bugs:
Theme not applied fully after Flash: Vary Rare but if you get a default background and the LIA Theme does not seem to be applied just change to another theme and back to LIA Theme, then soft reset and everything should be ok.

Quote:
Donations:
First let me say I do all this work as a hobby. I'm in no way looking for a income stream from my work. And you are in no way required to make any donations. However it makes me feel good and that my work is appreciated for the many hours spent working and flashing to make ROM's for the community.

**If you like my work click: Donatations Here**

Last edited by bobsbbq; 04-23-2010 at 06:50 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM][TMO][21-4-10]LIA ROM Series [STD+GLASS] V1.7 23563 2.10 Smooth_Fast★Extendi

Reserved for Changelog
Old 04-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM][TMO][21-4-10]LIA ROM Series [STD+GLASS] V1.7 23563 2.10 Smooth_Fast★Extendi

One More for future use
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Bad rar file....

Last edited by JQuill; 04-22-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Bad rar file....
File is not bad. Check the MD5 of the file against the one I gave you. If you get a different MD5 post it here.
NEW LIA ROM Series For TMOUS HD2 6.5.5 HERE
**If you like my work click: Donatations Here**
Old 04-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Ok since I got nobody to check the file I downloaded the Regular file myself from Mediafire and checked and the file is corrupt This is the MD5 checksum:
990446038CC9CBBEFB7142B946F2E05A If you compare it to the one on the first post you will see they are different. That it why my local copy unzips without error and your copy does not. I will reupload this file.

In the future if you have this issue check the checksum as it is much faster for you to do that than me to have to download the file to check it on my slow connection.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Why should we have to do any of this? Just upload a damn file that works....not only does your rom require a password for the rar file...you give us the password on your website to every file EXCEPT the NBH file ... which requires a diff password than any other file. If i were to follow your directions I would brick my phone.

This rom is shady at best...if you don't post JUST an NBH file that doesnt require registration on your site or a password to unzip it i'm calling bullshit on this. Seems way too shady and way too many passwords just to unzip a file WITH NO NBH.

Last edited by JQuill; 04-23-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Why should we have to do any of this? Just upload a damn file that works....not only does your rom require a password for the rar file...you give us the password on your website to every file EXCEPT the NBH file ... which requires a diff password than any other file. If i were to follow your directions I would brick my phone.

This rom is shady at best...if you don't post JUST an NBH file that doesnt require registration on your site or a password to unzip it i'm calling bullshit on this. Seems way too shady and way too many passwords just to unzip a file WITH NO NBH.
First of all nobody is forcing you to do anything if you don't want to use my ROM's then don't. I have already explained to you both in email and in my comments, and just above this post what has happened. The file you downloaded was corrupted. It does not required any other password. If you had done what I asked you to do this would have been solved in 10 minutes.

If you follow my instructions you will not brick your device. If you think you know it all and don't want to follow them, then I think it is possible to brick your device.

My ROMS are very popular and they are not shady. You are the only one who is complaining and making trouble instead of trying to be calm and trying to work it out in a positive way.

Finally I don't appreciate you profanity and name calling. If you wish to use my ROMS then do so in a polite and helpful manner. Other wise move on to another one. If you continue to make any further post with profanity (which is against forum rules) then I will report you to the site moderators or admin. And if you have any further complaints not related to the ROM then contact me by PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

That's great my friend...

Terrible first experience...lots of passwords required not only to your rar files and you require us to register on your forums not just PPCgeeks to download your roms...and you instruct us to flash our phones in a completely different way than most other roms.

You specifically instruct us to wipe the phones memory instead of flashing like normal

When I originally downloaded your admittedly corrupt file your instructions were to unzip...wipe our phones memory COMPLETELY...and then install your rom over our wiped phones

Your original NBH file was corrupted...meaning if I downloaded your rom on the day you released it and followed your instructions every single file would have unzipped except the NBH. IF I followed your instructions and installed the original file you uploaded there would be no NBH and I would just have a completely wiped out phone with no rom to flash. I tried to re-download your file 4 times over the last day, and every single time it was corrupted....

Fail....If it's fixed now I thank you for your diligence in correcting this matter
Old 04-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
That's great my friend...

Terrible first experience...lots of passwords required not only to your rar files and you require us to register on your forums not just PPCgeeks to download your roms...and you instruct us to flash our phones in a completely different way than most other roms.

You specifically instruct us to wipe the phones memory instead of flashing like normal

When I originally downloaded your admittedly corrupt file your instructions were to unzip...wipe our phones memory COMPLETELY...and then install your rom over our wiped phones

Your original NBH file was corrupted...meaning if I downloaded your rom on the day you released it and followed your instructions every single file would have unzipped except the NBH. IF I followed your instructions and installed the original file you uploaded there would be no NBH and I would just have a completely wiped out phone with no rom to flash. I tried to re-download your file 4 times over the last day, and every single time it was corrupted....

Fail....If it's fixed now I thank you for your diligence in correcting this matter
Glad you got it working. I won't get in to all the reasons of why I have to password the file and have the blog site, but I can quickly say there are people pirating the links from file sharing services. Why does this matter? Well even if you have premium accounts they have bandwidth limits. And just like last night One of my files was download 400 times from the web and not from my site. This caused me to run out of bandwidth and had to pay for additional bandwidth to keep my files online. Enough about that.

For the flashing process I know I explained it to you already, but I might as well explain it here also for others.

First your comments above are inaccurate. The process I'm using is the same process that is performed when you flash a factory shipped ROM from the .exe file. Why does it seem strange to you? Because when you flash a shipped ROM it is all done in the background so you never knew what was happening.

It has been known for a long time flashing multiple custom ROMS can sometimes cause strange problems to creep up. This is in part due to the flash process with the LeoCustomRUU.exe which is what most people are used to, and would call normal way of flashing. It does not completely clear all of the storage and thus can potentially can lead to issues.

This is why some of the ROM cooks will tell you to perform a mtty aka(Task29) to erase and clear the storage memory, and or flash a shipped ROM. (Why a shipped ROM? Because it does the same process as mtty and more)

Recently we were lucky that a couple of developers were able to extract the task29 process from the shipped ROM .exe file. First it was just another .nbh file and we had to flash a radio with it to work. Then they managed to make a small .exe file that would perform this Task29 process.

Ok the process is not perfect like in the shipped ROM .exe but it works well. After flashing with the Task29.exe the device will reset. When it starts to reset hold down the volume down button to re enter the boot loader mode again. (This is where Jquill got scared) If you don't get it in to boot loader mode the device will not boot up be cause the OS has been erased. Your device is not bricked! just remove the battery and put the device back in to boot loader mode and proceed to the next step.

Now the final step is to flash the ROM itself. Instead of using the LeoCustomRUU.exe I use the Original ROM Update utility which comes from the shipped ROM .exe file. Why do I use this? Because this Original ROM Update Utility also performs a Task28 which is the same as a hard reset. So when you flash your ROM you are performing all the same task as flashing a shipped ROM and you will have less chances of problems.

So I hope you can all see it's not that I'm trying to force you to do something all that different than flashing a shipped ROM. If you want to flash the old way be my guest just take the RUU_Signed.nbh out of the Original ROM update folder and you can flash with the standard LeoCustomRUU.exe.

And Jquill You always erase your phone os when you flash. You made it out like I was having you do something terrible. lol Just the process I do is even better. Also by doing this process there is no need to perform a hard reset after you flash. This alone saves you time.

Jquill all is well and glad you got it going. If you have any problem don't hesitate to contact me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > GSM HD2 Development

Tags
23563, fast, hd2, htc, rom