PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > GSM HD2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us Cellular

nirvanafreak919 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Master List of compatible ROMs for T-Mo USA HD2

im just kinda nervous to try it lol. dont want a brick.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:00 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

you should be fine. The rom is based on tmous as previously stated. Read through the thread at xda and im sure you will find someone with the us hd2 who has flashed it. All the roms in this thread have been flashed by users who took the jump to test for the better of the community. Go ahead and do it and post some feedback for us all. Search around at xda as well, I remember seeing something recently about a way to recover the device if bricked as long as it was unlocked by hspl.

Side note: update your device info so that if you ask questions in the future there isn't a question of if you are asking about the HD2 or posting in the wrong forum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

I'm downloading Amelia ROM now to flash, i'll let you know in a bit how it is...

EDIT: Nevermind...way too many bugs being reported, it looks cool but i like my phone to work, i'll wait till some bugs get fixed before i flash that ROM...

Last edited by mgioia2; 06-02-2010 at 07:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us Cellular

nirvanafreak919 is a n00b

okay ya definatly some bugs. thanks guys for the replys!!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:46 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just a heads up to those who don't regularly explore XDA. Miri and Steve have updated the Eleganica rom once again but now have developed 3 different styles. Cookie's HomeTab, GTX and the new MaxSense are all up and available. Maxsense series is still beta but is stable and works very smoothly. Although more simplistic, it is less user friendly in my opinion.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Updated, thank you.

It's safe to flash. There were some troubles early on, but 99.9% of them involved poor reading comprehension from the flashers 1 reason to maintain this thread is to provide links to 100% safe ROMS. All that's left to do is to read and follow instructions on the ROM threads.

The reason it's not recommended to flash ROMs from SD card for the HD2 is probably because the standard 16gig card is only class 2, which is much slower than the higher class cards. Flashing from ActiveSync goes pretty smoothly though.
but I thought that the speed of the cards didn't matter since the low end speeds are still faster than the phone can handle??? (Somebody tested and found that the speeds were way slower on a phone, even class 6, than on a sd card reader).

Old 06-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

I'm gonna try this one first, pretty much the only 6.5.x that I found that says tmous compatible and sense free (sorry rstoysguy, I want my 6.5.x).
I'm hoping this will hold me over till I get a kitchen built. I'll post a review once I flash it this weekend.
http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1786
Old 08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a T-Mobile Stock HD2 that I'm ready to flash. It use to be so easy with the CDMA phones. Now theres all kinds of options. Can someone give me a quick authoritative answer to which HSPL I need. My current SPL is 2.10.000 and I want to flash one of the energy ROMS. I've always had a good experience with his.
I've flash numerous phones so I'm relatively adept, but cant figure out which one to use for the HD2.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
I have a T-Mobile Stock HD2 that I'm ready to flash. It use to be so easy with the CDMA phones. Now theres all kinds of options. Can someone give me a quick authoritative answer to which HSPL I need. My current SPL is 2.10.000 and I want to flash one of the energy ROMS. I've always had a good experience with his.
I've flash numerous phones so I'm relatively adept, but cant figure out which one to use for the HD2.
HSPL3.
Everything you need is right here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=245

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > GSM HD2 Development