PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: Wheres my nexus one!!!!?????

i think im gonna get the droid, root it flash a 2.1 rom and overclock it.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:33 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
i think im gonna get the droid, root it flash a 2.1 rom and overclock it.
Don't give in just yet...if you want to pick wait 1 more month if you can hold out ..Verizon said spring right? so if its end of April you'd still be 30 days in may to swap if you end up not liking the droid...but its up to you

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Don't give in just yet...if you want to pick wait 1 more month if you can hold out ..Verizon said spring right? so if its end of April you'd still be 30 days in may to swap if you end up not liking the droid...but its up to you
thats a good idea. ill wait until april. or at least until the end of there droid sale
Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

im really craving android, lol
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

the droid is only 50 from wirefly. i could get it then when (or if) the nexus one comes out i ould sell my tp2 and droid and have enough to pay full retail price. i would be using my upgrade to get the droid though... hmmmmmm... what do u guys think?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

David,

If you want to get out of contract with Verizon legally, you can try to find someone to take over your line by way of a TOL (Transfer of Liability). This is what I did to get out of my Sprint contract that still had 10 months on it.

I used the site called Cellswapper.com and posted my plan details. Found someone the next day to take over my plan. Cellswapper will match you to someone interested in taking over, but then will expect you to pay to complete the transaction. By that time however, you should be able to get the interested parties email and finish the TOL by calling Verizon and initiating it through them. It's a very simple process from there, and you'll be released from your contract.

One thing to keep in mind, since the contract is still in effect, you'll lose your phone number. You can't port it since that will end your service and you'll be subject to an ETF. But, a number change is worth $175 in your pocket, I'm sure.

Last edited by electronicrice; 03-29-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
David,

If you want to get out of contract with Verizon legally, you can try to find someone to take over your line by way of a TOL (Transfer of Liability). This is what I did to get out of my Sprint contract that still had 10 months on it.

I used the site called Cellswapper.com and posted my plan details. Found someone the next day to take over my plan. Cellswapper will match you to someone interested in taking over, but then will expect you to pay to complete the transaction. By that time however, you should be able to get the interested parties email and finish the TOL by calling Verizon and initiating it through them. It's a very simple process from there, and you'll be released from your contract.

One thing to keep in mind, since the contract is still in effect, you'll lose your phone number. You can't port it since that will end your service and you'll be subject to an ETF. But, a number change is surely worth $175 in your pocket, I'm sure.
My number is on a family plan. if i transfer it can they have their own plan or will the be with my mom and dad?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
My number is on a family plan. if i transfer it can they have their own plan or will the be with my mom and dad?
I'm pretty sure that the phone number counts as a separate line, while still being part of the family plan. I was in the same scenario a while back and we were able to just transfer over the one number as its own line. As long as there are two other lines (your mom's number and your dad's number) the plan should stay the same, just minus one line.

Call Verizon and see how they would do it.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Ok so its April...maybe even next week oreo

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/29/v...-of-next-week/
Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Psh, I still have to wait for it to come to Sprint, you think your wait has been bad?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One