PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   HTC Shipped Mango Roms Leak, Including The Verizon HTC Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146924)

JohnMcD348 09-16-2011 07:12 AM

Re: HTC Shipped Mango Roms Leak, Including The Verizon HTC Trophy

So, after flashing to the new ROM with the radio /firmware update, have you had a chance to try out anything that might make the battery warm like before? I was just thinking about this as I sat here at work listening to iHEART Radio and started to notice how warm my Left Nipple was becoming with the phone in my shirt pocket.

DavidinCT 09-16-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2144891)
Will you be returning that phone when the new one comes in? If not, I wonder if the phone will act differently after the official ROM is released with the other HTC/Verizon U.S. files are added.

No, when you get a replacement phone, you need to send back the old one or they charge you full retail for the phone. I get like 10 days to send it back.

There might be a method to get it unlocked that I am looking into. Till then I will be running the RTM upgrade via Zune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2145317)
So, after flashing to the new ROM with the radio /firmware update, have you had a chance to try out anything that might make the battery warm like before? I was just thinking about this as I sat here at work listening to iHEART Radio and started to notice how warm my Left Nipple was becoming with the phone in my shirt pocket.

Not that I noticed but, I have to ask....Did you enjoy your nipple getting warm ? (sorry I had to)..

VERIZON USERS: A possable issue with this rom. It's happend to 2 of us so far but, still trying to confirm it with other users. The phone just drops 3G and a resetting the phone does not bring it back (might need a hard reset to fix ?). It happend with me on my last day (before activating my replacement), the 3G logo would stop showing and even picture messging and other tasks would fail.

If you run into this issue, Please report back here or XDA.

xda-developers - View Single Post - HTC Shipped Mango ROMs

IT'S SUGGESTED THAT YOU AVOID THE VERIZON ROM AT THIS TIME, as there is no way to roll back to NoDO

JohnMcD348 09-16-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2145365)
Not that I noticed but, I have to ask....Did you enjoy your nipple getting warm ? (sorry I had to)..

It got the ring pretty hot................ Made the other side a little jealous. I tend to keep it on vibrate. Should I add more detail?????:twisted:

DavidinCT 09-16-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2145368)
It got the ring pretty hot................ Made the other side a little jealous. I tend to keep it on vibrate. Should I add more detail?????:twisted:

LOL

(10 Char)

eric12341 09-16-2011 06:42 PM

yea if u do alot of streaming over EVDO the battery will warm up a little bit especially if the signal is less than average and if the towers aren't overloaded (of course if they were u probably wouldn't be able to stream)

JohnMcD348 09-16-2011 07:48 PM

I thought I read somewhere that the general consensus was that the reason the battery was heating up so bad had to do with the radio in them drawing so much power to stay connected with the towers. Wondered if the Radio update helped with that problem. Or was it actually speculation? I think I read it back a few weeks ago when I first started researching and learning about my new phone.

I don't really remember the actual details at the moment.