PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slow Keyboard/Message Pop up in Texting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I haven't experienced this either, but then I keep things tidy too. Here's something nobody else has asked... exactly how many messages are we talking about?

For what it's worth, I've yet to work with a device that doesn't lag when you surpass a large number of messages in a single conversation.
@GoodThings2Life the TP2 had a very serious lag when it comes to SMS messaging in the stock 6.5 rom and it was there whether running sense or not. custom roms only had a moderate lag.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Well, as I'm not 100% sure how many messages I have, it hasn't been deleted since May 27th when I got the phone. The conversation is with my wife, so there are quite a few. We send pictures back and forth quite a bit too. No other conversations are slow, however, they are much shorter with a lot less pictures.

I also noticed my camera start to slow down recently too. I'll take a picture and it can take 5 or more second to go from the black screen (like it's processing the recent photo taken) to what you can see through the lense again.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

That's a good clarification... it could be that there is some kind of lag occurring as it processes the Pictures content. I don't keep pictures on my phone very long. I sync them up with my Facebook account and computer and then remove them from the phone.

I guess the point is, I'd say wait for the Mango update to see if that resolves it, otherwise plan on cleaning house a bit more often.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm going to test a few things before Mango because they're going to get deleted off the phone when I go to Mango anyway. I tried deleting all pictures out of my thread to my wife. It was so long that it took me about 30 minutes to scroll through it. I'm sure that's why it's slow. After deleting the pictures, it didn't seem to make any difference. I was hoping I wouldn't have to delete, but I don't think I have a choice. Is there any way to back up the texts? I'd like to save the conversations.

I'm going to be deleting the pics off my phone to test the camera speed tonight also.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
I'm going to test a few things before Mango because they're going to get deleted off the phone when I go to Mango anyway. I tried deleting all pictures out of my thread to my wife. It was so long that it took me about 30 minutes to scroll through it. I'm sure that's why it's slow. After deleting the pictures, it didn't seem to make any difference. I was hoping I wouldn't have to delete, but I don't think I have a choice. Is there any way to back up the texts? I'd like to save the conversations.

I'm going to be deleting the pics off my phone to test the camera speed tonight also.
@WMFan85 hope u didn't do anything yet. upgrading to mango does not delete anything from ur phone at all.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It doesn't?? That's awesome!! How in the world does that work? Isn't it like putting a new rom on the phone?
Old 09-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned User

its kinda like a cross between installing a new rom and a service pack, the update downloads then it installs and overwrites the existing OS version.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@WMFan85 hope u didn't do anything yet. upgrading to mango does not delete anything from ur phone at all.
Watch that !!!! if he downloads one of the Leaked HTC roms, it will nuke your phone BUT !!! It is the true final for the Trophy with the correct drivers, noted better performance and battery life (also Hidden wi-fi, DLNA support etc). It's still in question what the carriers will do when released (Verizon) if it will be a nuke or upgrade.

If you just upgrade to the RTM (not the leaked rom) where is it updated through Zune, you will be fine.

Noting on this, 11 seconds for the keyboard to pop up ? Never on my Trophy but, I really dont type texts much any more.

Mango has voice controled Texting and I use it 90% of the time, it's about 95% accurate if your in a pretty quiet room. If your phone is locked and a text comes in, you can fully read and reply to a text with out even looking at the phone. Yes, I can text and drive with out taking my eyes off the road... I have shown a few people that and it's blown them away (Iphone users too).

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-13-2011 at 12:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Agreed, hands down my favorite feature in Mango. Rarely use the phone, mostly text. So far mines been 99.5% accurate. Not only is it safer on the road, but makes one lazier on the couch lol. Really like it at work so I can stay hands free and keep on the task at hand. Same here, everyone that sees it in action wants it.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I could't take it anymore, I had to delete all the texts. It was just too painfully slow. I've had slow text with 6.5 before, but this was worse. After I deleted all the texts, all was good. It handled just like the day I bought it. The camera is still slow, but I haven't deleted the pictures out yet.

I can't wait for that part of Mango. I don't plan on putting Mango on until it is officially released for the phone. (Like through Verizon or Zune).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions