PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Slow Keyboard/Message Pop up in Texting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146772)

WMFan85 08-31-2011 10:42 AM

Slow Keyboard/Message Pop up in Texting

Has anyone else noticed that when you get a text message thread really long that the keyboard really starts to lag? Then when you click send it can take a couple of second before the message pops up in the conversation?

I tested it in other conversations (with much less texts) and it was immediate.

Also, I noticed every once and a while in internet explorer I'll start typing something in a text box and it will just stop inputing my letters and then catch up a couple of seconds later.

Anyone else experience this? I have an HTC Trophy.

darren.wlsn1 08-31-2011 10:46 AM

Re: Slow Keyboard/Message Pop up in Texting

no problem posting here but trophy does have its own forum or are you looking for arrive ect owners thoughts also cause i sure eric has a thought? lol

WMFan85 08-31-2011 11:08 AM

lol, Yeah, I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on this. I was wondering if someone else across the board may have had the same issue.

darren.wlsn1 08-31-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMFan85 (Post 2141801)
lol, Yeah, I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on this. I was wondering if someone else across the board may have had the same issue.

gotcha...i just wanted to be sure.

eric12341 08-31-2011 01:41 PM

just some minor lag but not anything serious like in WM6.5, I usually see it after a few days of uptime, doesn't do it all the time just every now and then.

WMFan85 08-31-2011 02:39 PM

I counted today and after I hit send it took 11 seconds for the message to appear in the conversation. I'm wondering if it's also like 6.5 where if the conversation gets too long you need to delete it. I heard you didn't have to with 7, but it sure seems like I might have to.

eric12341 08-31-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMFan85 (Post 2141856)
I counted today and after I hit send it took 11 seconds for the message to appear in the conversation. I'm wondering if it's also like 6.5 where if the conversation gets too long you need to delete it. I heard you didn't have to with 7, but it sure seems like I might have to.

are u on NoDo or the mango beta?

WMFan85 09-01-2011 12:43 AM

NODO, I'm too much of a chicken to try mango. Lol

eric12341 09-01-2011 06:08 AM

yea I didn't experience anything like that.

GoodThings2Life 09-01-2011 06:30 PM

I haven't experienced this either, but then I keep things tidy too. Here's something nobody else has asked... exactly how many messages are we talking about?

For what it's worth, I've yet to work with a device that doesn't lag when you surpass a large number of messages in a single conversation.