PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Re: Getting Restless Waiting For Verizon WP7 Device...

Well its rumored that HTC has a device headed for Sprint. It's supposed to be a windows phone device. It's call "The Arrive" and the name was just recently trademarked by HTC. Maybe this is a device Sprint plans to announce on the 7th?

HTC Arrive and Kyocera Echo bow for Sprint? -- Engadget
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
the CAKE, IS a Lie......... you hear pt2 is coming soon?
April 21st. We shall see!

Portal 2

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO
Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

its worth the wait just gotta be patient and stick it through and not surrender to the likes of the rotten apple,the code thieves (google) and the traitors (HP).
Old 02-06-2011, 02:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
its worth the wait just gotta be patient and stick it through and not surrender to the likes of the rotten apple,the code thieves (google) and the traitors (HP).
As I said before..Google did not steal any code..what happened was a licensing compatibility issue...that said the code in question was not put on any device..it was only used for testing...as for HP, while they are not my favorite company..why are they traitors?

and please don't tell me its because they made winmo devices and not making WP7 devices...cause their winmo devices were rebranded HTC devices..and were targeted towards business users...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
As I said before..Google did not steal any code..what happened was a licensing compatibility issue...that said the code in question was not put on any device..it was only used for testing...as for HP, while they are not my favorite company..why are they traitors?

and please don't tell me its because they made winmo devices and not making WP7 devices...cause their winmo devices were rebranded HTC devices..and were targeted towards business users...
u would be quick to defend google and HP are traitors because they bought palm (MS' former biggest rival) and then decided to only make webOS devices (tablets included)
Old 02-06-2011, 01:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
u would be quick to defend google and HP are traitors because they bought palm (MS' former biggest rival) and then decided to only make webOS devices (tablets included)
I am not defending anyone..I just don't like false information spread..

And they are not traitors for buying palm..it was for sale...that said they sell a ton of licenses for Windows 7 on their PCs...just cause they chose WebOs for their tablets over Windows 7 does not in any way make them traitors...or do you want them to stop selling Windows altogether? cause they are right now the #1 biggest PC seller world wide...which would probably make them the biggest windows reseller as well..

They bought palm to get presence in the mobile space..then they scaled the platform to optimize revenue..its standard business procedure..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:40 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I am not defending anyone..I just don't like false information spread..

And they are not traitors for buying palm..it was for sale...that said they sell a ton of licenses for Windows 7 on their PCs...just cause they chose WebOs for their tablets over Windows 7 does not in any way make them traitors...or do you want them to stop selling Windows altogether? cause they are right now the #1 biggest PC seller world wide...which would probably make them the biggest windows reseller as well..

They bought palm to get presence in the mobile space..then they scaled the platform to optimize revenue..its standard business procedure..

You cant explain logic to some people
Old 02-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
You cant explain logic to some people
yeah try explaining Apple to gTen and it's all over for you

but foreal on the On-Topic, VZW probably is not hurting too much for a WP7 device when their iPhone just broke all previous phone record sales ever, pretty sure WP7 won't get close to that, but having WP7 on all four networks will really help its growth.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

as much as i hate to say it, as far as verizon goes, they could care less about wp7 with the iphone and all the android phones they have. hopefully, they'll prove me wrong, because wp7 is a nice os for being brand new.

Maybe verizon cares more today about WP7 since the crowds are not knocking down doors to get the iPhone as had been anticipated. My question is how the Nokia - MS deal will affect Verizon since they didn't carry many if any Nokia Phones at all.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
Maybe verizon cares more today about WP7 since the crowds are not knocking down doors to get the iPhone as had been anticipated. My question is how the Nokia - MS deal will affect Verizon since they didn't carry many if any Nokia Phones at all.

I dont get alot of you laughing about it not being long lines for a phone that's almost a year old. It isn't a new device and it still sold an estimated one million devices in pre-orders alone. Add to that whatever amount of first day sales and it still crushes the total amount of ALL wp7 devices on all carriers in all countries for probably their first month of sales. I'm not defending apple or verizon but facts are facts. Instead of laughing at either of the two entities, you should be shocked that such an old device would sell so much so fast.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions