PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A call to arms - Windows 7 phone succeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well in terms of world scale Android > iOS but might be due to it being available on 1 carrier around the world...but 2 years ago when M$ started working on WP7..iOS was the crave...

As fr targeting..its simple...M$ right now has an "incomplete" OS..or at least compared to the competition..they didn't have time to make it for everyone yet...so they targeted the audience that has money..simple...they will definitely go after young adults..but its going to be a hard fight with Apple for that audience due to popularity of the ipods...its just a fight for another day...

With the iphone landing on Verizon this month... as well as the HTC Thunderbolt and the Droid Bionic coming later this year. And with AT&T pretty much stating that they're going to be pushing android this year with 20+ devices, I hope MS has a good priest because they're going to need all the prayer they can get.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
With the iphone landing on Verizon this month... as well as the HTC Thunderbolt and the Droid Bionic coming later this year. And with AT&T pretty much stating that they're going to be pushing android this year with 20+ devices, I hope MS has a good priest because they're going to need all the prayer they can get.
They don't need a priest....they have a LOT of money...just how the Xbox started slow, but they kept at it...the same will go with WP7
Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Ra View Post
They don't need a priest....they have a LOT of money...just how the Xbox started slow, but they kept at it...the same will go with WP7
umm..the xbox didn't start slow..it was a hit from day 1..they got a lot of developers on board by giving them money(bribing them)..that said they put the same marketing team that did the xbox for the ZuneHD and they still couldn't grab marketshare..so don't think M$ got this in the bag...they have a long hard fight ahead of them...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Of course it's going to be a hard fight... They're up against two industry Giants in their own rhealm.
But does anyone REALLY beleve that Microsoft is just going to lay down and get stomped on? Yeah... I can just see it now... Another Kin/Kin2 scenario.
They dumped the Kin project to focus on WP7. Give it time... They will be at #3 in no time. And giving #2 and #1 a run for their money.
RIM can't do that and neither can Web OS. The money and development isn't there.
Microsoft wants your kids not you.
They will do everything in their power to get them to buy their product.
p.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
RIM can't do that and neither can Web OS. The money and development isn't there.
I personally see RIM is going to die...they have been loosing market-share and they haven't put out much innovation lately..

As for WebOS...HP is richer then M$ actually...how much they are willing to spend on WebOS is another story...
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Sure, your also talking a phone that has been on the market for 4-5 months(?) vs. phones that have been out for years.
My point exactly, so why buy it now? Your rewarding Microsoft for releasing a phone that is YEARS behind the competition in many, many aspects and feature sets.

If Microsoft has the money and the patience to be persistent and 2 years down the road releases a phone correcting all the issues like, allowing users customizations, has tons of apps and finally on all 4 of the major US carriers, then maybe it's time. But a 2 year contract for this now, I just don't get it personally.

We've waited all these years since WM6.5 and I don't think the OS is polished enough to overtake Apple or Android right now.

Here are a few things though to keep your eye on though:

1.) How long will they support a specific Phone? Is it going to be as good as Apple's commitment in keeping ~3 years on devices? It has to be able to beat Android because Google and the carriers sucks in this category...

2.) Haven't heard a damn thing about APP rejection, does that mean that MS hasn't rejected any yet or that no one cares about MS APPS yet? Apple can't reject anything without getting in the news, just heard about Sony E-Reader for example...

3.) When will we start seeing APPS to access companies resources, i.e. TV, weather, radio, movie theaters, shopping etc. No Pandora even planned--Flabbergasted!! I saw a post in here that said WE should tell companies we want APPS, really, you mean a billion of dollars worth of advertisements isn't doing the job already?!

4.) How long before we see 4G or LTE devices? 3G only is soooo 2005/6 for a smart device...

5.) What has the development community done other than break the DRM? Any custom ROMS yet, any word on when or even IF?

To me this is one of those cases where BLEEDING edge isn't always better then LEADING edge and there is a pool of blood forming behind the WP7 sign since that we aren't being saved quick enough by our phones, can I get a band-aid here?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

You're missing the point...
Geeks don't want to be locked down...
And Microsoft doesn't necessarily want geeks as customers. They want people who will buy the apps and play their games. Not someone who will hack the OS and make it customizable. Which is why most Geeks (myself included) are on Android devices.
Seriously... Therre's no money in customizeable for them... They want (app)le money.
They will continue to build and lock down their OS. And make it cool right out of the box. Your working mom and your powerhouse teen is who they want.
I don't even think they really care about the business man when it comes to WP7.
Hence Windows embeded.
I'll say it again.
Microsoft doesn't care about US!!! But that doesn't mean that they are doomed.
That means that Android will be getting more old WinMo users and young nerds.
p.

*EDIT...
See... Even Google is mad that you aren't buying apps.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/01/goo...oid-app-sales/#

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 02-01-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:17 PM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Of course it's going to be a hard fight... They're up against two industry Giants in their own rhealm.
But does anyone REALLY beleve that Microsoft is just going to lay down and get stomped on? Yeah... I can just see it now... Another Kin/Kin2 scenario.
They dumped the Kin project to focus on WP7. Give it time... They will be at #3 in no time. And giving #2 and #1 a run for their money.
Microsoft wants your kids not you.
They will do everything in their power to get them to buy their product.
p.
You mean like windows mobile? Which by the way outsold windows phone 7 last quarter by 2%.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Yeah... WinMO is alive and welll AND Windows Embeded will surely get some support soon enough.

WP7 is the baby... If you were an oldest child or a middle child you know what I'm talking about.... The baby gets ALL the attention for a while... Then things normalize.

WinMo is for the nerds and Geeks.

p.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
The EVO Guru

Quote:
Yeah... WinMO is alive and welll AND Windows Embeded will surely get some support soon enough.

WP7 is the baby... If you were an oldest child or a middle child you know what I'm talking about.... The baby gets ALL the attention for a while... Then things normalize.

WinMo is for the nerds and Geeks.

p.
Well regardless... they both seem to be at the bottom and not seeing much improvement in terms of sales.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions