View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A call to arms - Windows 7 phone succeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Sure, your also talking a phone that has been on the market for 4-5 months(?) vs. phones that have been out for years.
My point exactly, so why buy it now? Your rewarding Microsoft for releasing a phone that is YEARS behind the competition in many, many aspects and feature sets.

If Microsoft has the money and the patience to be persistent and 2 years down the road releases a phone correcting all the issues like, allowing users customizations, has tons of apps and finally on all 4 of the major US carriers, then maybe it's time. But a 2 year contract for this now, I just don't get it personally.

We've waited all these years since WM6.5 and I don't think the OS is polished enough to overtake Apple or Android right now.

Here are a few things though to keep your eye on though:

1.) How long will they support a specific Phone? Is it going to be as good as Apple's commitment in keeping ~3 years on devices? It has to be able to beat Android because Google and the carriers sucks in this category...

2.) Haven't heard a damn thing about APP rejection, does that mean that MS hasn't rejected any yet or that no one cares about MS APPS yet? Apple can't reject anything without getting in the news, just heard about Sony E-Reader for example...

3.) When will we start seeing APPS to access companies resources, i.e. TV, weather, radio, movie theaters, shopping etc. No Pandora even planned--Flabbergasted!! I saw a post in here that said WE should tell companies we want APPS, really, you mean a billion of dollars worth of advertisements isn't doing the job already?!

4.) How long before we see 4G or LTE devices? 3G only is soooo 2005/6 for a smart device...

5.) What has the development community done other than break the DRM? Any custom ROMS yet, any word on when or even IF?

To me this is one of those cases where BLEEDING edge isn't always better then LEADING edge and there is a pool of blood forming behind the WP7 sign since that we aren't being saved quick enough by our phones, can I get a band-aid here?