PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Besides "HTC WP7 Touch Pro3" what else Sprint

So I am giving up on the idea of 4G WP7 handset(atleast 2011) And the idea of more than one handset during the first half. My reasoning is based on lack of enthusiasm from Sprint regarding WP7. I think they are using 4G as a push to sell and WP7 is just getting started. Its not a issue for me when I think about what I use my phone for(Music/text/games/internet/applications/classwork.) The only leak info I have seen is about the Keyboard Evo for Sprint. Wish they could pickup a Samsung or Lg device to compare(size etc) Any thoughts?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Give it some time...
At least wait to see what comes out of CES in Jan.
Then you'll be able to decide your next step.
Whatever that may be.
I don't think we have too much of a choice there. It's either WAIT or DON'T.
Pretty simple if you ask me.
So... I choose to wait.
p.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

For something to show up in WP7 the hardware must be approved by M$..so my guess is wimax was not exactly on their priority list of hardware to approve..(remember 4g requires interface changes to enable/disable it)...when they do the next upgrade is when we will see...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

If I had to guess - the WW marketable band for GSM / HSPA+ is much greater than CDMA overall. While the two largest carriers in the US (Verizon and Sprint) are CDMA their technology is one of the staunchy holdouts. LTE presents some interesting value but the world has switched to GSM in general.

There is pain to being an AT&T and Tmobile customer no doubt but that pain does equate to freedom in device choices... Buying phones from Europe is a breeze (of course you have the capital costs but when you are a Geek that budget is traditionally larger ) I suspect that HTC will lead the way with Samsung a close second (Korea is the largest CDMA network outside of the US.) I wouldn't expect to see any LG phones or Dell phones on CDMA/LTE right away (throw the Asus variant in the list as well.)

Simply put - if you want to stay up on the coolest devices CDMA/LTE is NOT the way to go.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
Simply put - if you want to stay up on the coolest devices CDMA/LTE is NOT the way to go.
LTE is backwards-compatible with HSPA and GSM...
Old 12-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wait, theres a upcomming tp3 ppc? Let me guess, Snapsnail inside?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2010, 03:45 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post

what, an iPhone or an HD2? thats about it... not alot of people care about the Mytouch series... aside from that, the significant devices this community has followed: Mogul/Titan, Touch/Vogue, Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2/Tilt2, EVO, Galaxy S... notice anything there??? almost all of those were available on both CDMA and GSM...

so CDMA isnt neccessarily missing out on much...

prime example on fair phones to judge sales by: watch the HTC 7 Pro(CDMA/Sprint), SMASH HD7(GSM/TMobile) sales!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; T-Mobile_LEO; Windows Phone 6.5))

we didn't get all the facts, but they are slowing coming in. it seems this pro 7 everyone thought was a tp3 is an hd7 with a keyboard!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

afolayan702 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
we didn't get all the facts, but they are slowing coming in. it seems this pro 7 everyone thought was a tp3 is an hd7 with a keyboard!

I thought tp3 aka HTC 7 Pro size is 3.6" HD7 is like what 4.3"? Would be nice if it is going to be close to size of HD7 with keyboard...?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Windows Phone 6.5))

you are correct. I was confusing it with the hd7 pro, but rumor has that coming to sprint (hd7 pro)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions