PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Which At&t WP7 Phone?

So for those of you up on the WP7 devices coming out, which At&t phone should I go for within the next month or so? I want to give it a try even though I like Android.

Physical keyboard isn't important to me as long as its as good as some of the ones available for Android.

The HTC Surround seems kind of lame. If I wanted the added bulk, I would rather have a keyboard than a speaker that doesn't offer much.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Re: Which At&t WP7 Phone?

Well engaget gave the LG one the highest rating :/

LG Optimus 7 review -- Engadget

or if you think you'll miss the Super AMOLED there is the Focus

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mindfrost, I'll be getting an htc most likely, but the focus has a better screen.

I'll let you know what i think

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

I don't rely on my phone for GPS, but so far I don't really like how Samsung has handled the whole GPS thing with the Captivate/Galaxy S. Its finally working *alright* for me, but still not as good as my Nexus One or HTC WinMo phones were.

It makes me hesitant on the Samsung phone.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I don't rely on my phone for GPS, but so far I don't really like how Samsung has handled the whole GPS thing with the Captivate/Galaxy S. Its finally working *alright* for me, but still not as good as my Nexus One or HTC WinMo phones were.

It makes me hesitant on the Samsung phone.
I thought u gave up AT&Terrible and came back to Sprint for the Evo???? Anyways, yeah you have every reason to be paranoid about Samsung. I almost got a Epic myself but I reminded myself how many times I wanted to throw my Moment out of the nearest window when I had it due to the issues that Samsung could've easily fixed through a firmware update and decided not to. I actually like the slide out speaker on the Surround, and IMO it will go good with Netflix on the phone. I plan on checking out the HD7 tomorrow when my g/f goes to get her MyTouch 4G.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Long story short, I went from At&t back to my wife's Sprint line (she had the Evo and I had the Tour), then found out we're getting a divorce, so I cancelled that line and went back to my free At&t account (good thing I didn't cancel it).

I might stop by my At&t store and see if they have demo models out.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i had a surround for 2days and its kinda cool but its not android fast and its not better than my tp2 imo as in user friendliness. the tiles reloading every time you leave/comeback to homescreen blows.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

who all went and bought one today?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Not me... I'm not leaving Sprint... Especially for ATT.
p.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Not me... I'm not leaving Sprint... Especially for ATT.
p.
t-mo has them too
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions