PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sign the WP7S boycott..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Are yall serious lol... boycott a cell phone WTF?!???! Stuff like this makes me wonder what in the world do you have going on in your life outside of gadgets lol

Says the guy with over 300 posts on a cell phone enthusiast forum . . .
Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

And most of which have nothing to do with caring about what phone is made with what. It was mostly figuring out how to FIX stuff on my phone that winmo didnt do from the start so a pretty piss poor comparison to people being so frustrated about what a company adds to a phone they decide to boycott it... I mean its not like you HAVE to buy it!!!!! Buy another phone good grief.. like MS is gonna say oh yea... they dont like it so I guess we'd better scrap the 4 years worth of work we put into it to please them. C'mon son
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM
Threadstarter

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Are yall serious lol... boycott a cell phone WTF?!???! Stuff like this makes me wonder what in the world do you have going on in your life outside of gadgets lol
You have like 7 or 8 times as many posts as me so you might want to ask yourself the same question..

As far as my personal life goes its great. Taking 10 mins to push the one company that focused on working from your phone to not leave behind its user base is no biggie for me.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It is a shame Microsoft slapped us in the face. I'm not sure how well they will be able to pull this product off...

They are basically trying to sell the iPhone with only two unique factors:

1. Hardware KB option (though neutered)
2. Multiple OEMs (though so restricted might as well be 1).

They don't have the marketing machine that Apple has so I don't think they can get by seeing the iPhone-not to the iPhone crowd.

Quote:
Not sure what planet you live on, but on this one (called Earth) it works this way. Customers complain to companies and those companies respond to user complaints with improved products.

If no one ever said they were unhappy with a product they were offered there would never be any improvements to products!

We also always choose to boycott products in our daily lives. If it doesn't work, doesn't meet our needs, or for a myriad of other reasons. I'm sure you have stores you don't shop at or eateries you won't buy from. The reasons could be as "silly" as "bad service" or a serious as you being alergic to nuts and they cook all their food in peanut oil.

Boycotting products is a normal fact of life. Well unless we are Bill Gates and can buy everything that comes by our face without regard for money.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

In 2009 roughly 174 million smartphones were sold, 14% of which run Windows Mobile. That's a little more than 24 million Windows devices sold last year..I'm guessing this petition will need a little more than a 1000 sigs..just my .02

Don't want the offering, don't buy it. That is the biggest voice you can have.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

Last edited by mulhiny; 03-17-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I think it will massively fail all by itself. Pushing Silverlight as a core functionality feature is going to keep developers away. Who wants to develop for a failing/failed Flash competitor that is quickly becoming irrelevant in the face of HTML5, SVG, and CSS3?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

turbochris is becoming a great contributor

haaa ha ha everyone will be unlocking, cooking and flashing to go to an OLDER OS instead of a newer one! Everyone will focus on modifying the latest ver of 6.5 and it will be perfected!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM
Threadstarter

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
In 2009 roughly 174 million smartphones were sold, 14% of which run Windows Mobile. That's a little more than 24 million Windows devices sold last year..I'm guessing this petition will need a little more than a 1000 sigs..just my .02

Don't want the offering, don't buy it. That is the biggest voice you can have.
You can keep your two cents...

MS knows how powerful XDA, PPCgeeks, and the rest of the Dev and Blog community has become.. Why do you think we get all of these WM6.5.x builds that arent available for purchase (they just dont appear out of thin air).. M$ knows that every user here influences a dozen maybe several dozen other potential customers.. So you can really multiply the number on the petition by a factor of 10 to 20..

Besides that the petition is a day old and will break 1000 by tommorrow at the latest.. And you swear like another cant be made or this one cant have more than 1000 sigs.. Grow up man..
Old 03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by romspy View Post
I doubt I'll be buying a WP7 anytime soon.
I doubt any of us are going to be buying a WM7 phone soon too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by celsius0010 View Post
You can keep your two cents...

MS knows how powerful XDA, PPCgeeks, and the rest of the Dev and Blog community has become.. Why do you think we get all of these WM6.5.x builds that arent available for purchase (they just dont appear out of thin air).. M$ knows that every user here influences a dozen maybe several dozen other potential customers.. So you can really multiply the number on the petition by a factor of 10 to 20..

Besides that the petition is a day old and will break 1000 by tommorrow at the latest.. And you swear like another cant be made or this one cant have more than 1000 sigs.. Grow up man..
1000 sigs is not going to do much, and what do you expect them to do, change the operating system for ANOTHER delay? Oh sure, 1000 people signed a petition so now we're going to start WM7 from scratch again for another 2 years.

probably not gonna happen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Tags
boycott, microsoft, petition, windows phone 7