PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which OS Interests You Most? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90810)

smoove21 10-16-2009 01:34 AM

Re: Which OS Interests You Most?

yes(mostly) but it will get more exposure here (even if its in the wrong thread) though I'm sure it will be moved eventually. Also the title is more understandable as to what the thread is about.. Plus a poll was added. All those that already spoke/voted on this matter I thank you. Hopefully this thread helps those that are new to any of these OS's...in getting a better understanding of them and helps in making a decision as to which OS is right for them..

mlin 10-16-2009 01:52 AM

I am most interested to see what happens with WinMo 7. If that doesn't do so well, I would say Android. I have a Palm Pre, iPhone 3G, and a Diamond. Unfortunately, I don't think the Pre will even get the market share to be substantial; its a shame too because its an awesome device., I just dont think it can beat out Android...

danny6514 10-16-2009 02:21 AM

it would be rather odd if Windows Phone doesn't win this one...

smoove21 10-16-2009 02:32 AM

actually it won't...simply because most of us have or has had windows phones..most have pushed windows as far as it can go in its current state.. More than likely android will win.

Aleki 10-16-2009 02:41 AM

Im slightly biased towards the WM platform, only because its the one I have had the most exposure with. I like the features it comes with out of the box, and the myphone app has become something i'd be hard pressed to give up.

Although with the growing interest for smartphones, WM has alot of catching up to do if it is to compete with android.

oldpueblo 10-16-2009 03:29 AM

I don't get why people say it's outdated. Why is it outdated? Because it hasn't gone through massive overhauls and doesn't look amazingly different than before? Here's a surprise, it's been great all this time. Sure some phones didn't implement it well, sometimes the hardware is funky, but the OS itself has been powerfull and flexible since the beginning. I just don't get "outdated." What can it not do that other phone OS's, some of which are brand new by the way, can't?

Kamokazi 10-16-2009 08:39 AM

Why not Android 2.0 Eclair?

Dragon2 10-16-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpueblo (Post 1239782)
I don't get why people say it's outdated. Why is it outdated? Because it hasn't gone through massive overhauls and doesn't look amazingly different than before? Here's a surprise, it's been great all this time. Sure some phones didn't implement it well, sometimes the hardware is funky, but the OS itself has been powerfull and flexible since the beginning. I just don't get "outdated." What can it not do that other phone OS's, some of which are brand new by the way, can't?

I dont get it either, aint a OS out that can do as much as Winmo......

Palm pre for that fact, no video camera????

I know thats not OS but damn, what about upload and download, winmo beats them hands down..

can other OS' download rapidshare or any other files.... didnt some just get MMS....lol

Windows Wins hands down, oh no its not new like android, but it will do more....

Noir 10-16-2009 09:59 AM

windows mobile 6.5.1 has been an interest of mine since we began seeing things about the os
but a close second is webos...that's a demon right there!

mobilevader 10-16-2009 10:26 AM

Microsoft often has "breakout" products that simply go above what it has done previosly. Think Win 2k... I think (hope?) win mob 7 is going to be on that level... that is what I'm interested in right now...

All this other stuff is fluff... but out of the list Android has a much better change of "being around" in three years vs. palm. BB is a business device, so it will be around (matter of fact, I also carry a BB daily). Soon as iphone gets off att it will also grow again in popularity. I will note that Android with the google OS is going to be an interesting combination...

Best thing for us Winmob lovers is competition... ms does its best work in the face of adversity (ie win 7 after launching that disaster vista).