PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Asus P525 on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professionnal
Carrier: Telecom Serbia

Liquid_Mind is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Serious Wireless problem with Windows Mobile 6.1

Hello everyone. I need your help with my smart phone... Two days ago i tried to make a video and in one moment the camera blocked (motionless image for 10-15 seconds) and later he didn't kept any video at all in the memory. At that moment something happened in the system.
One day later, when i tried to connect to different WiFi networks - it was impossible. He would keep connecting and in the last moment when he should realize/conclude the connection he would simply loose the signal and start all from the beginning. Besides that the wireless manager became very sluggish, stops responding sometimes and sometimes entries are missing in the connection fields (like absence of WPA and WPA-PSK options). That problem resolves after deleting the settings of a particular network and restarting the device but it still remains impossible to connect to any network. It seems as if the registry got corrupted... Besides that the device works normally.
What can i do? Thanks a lot!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Serious Wireless problem with Windows Mobile 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Mind View Post
Hello everyone. I need your help with my smart phone... Two days ago i tried to make a video and in one moment the camera blocked (motionless image for 10-15 seconds) and later he didn't kept any video at all in the memory. At that moment something happened in the system.
One day later, when i tried to connect to different WiFi networks - it was impossible. He would keep connecting and in the last moment when he should realize/conclude the connection he would simply loose the signal and start all from the beginning. Besides that the wireless manager became very sluggish, stops responding sometimes and sometimes entries are missing in the connection fields (like absence of WPA and WPA-PSK options). That problem resolves after deleting the settings of a particular network and restarting the device but it still remains impossible to connect to any network. It seems as if the registry got corrupted... Besides that the device works normally.
What can i do? Thanks a lot!

back up your contacts and hard-reset.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Eten X800
Carrier: Orange

padrian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Serious Wireless problem with Windows Mobile 6.1

I have the same problem. It started while switching on and off all the wireless ( gsm, wi fi, bluetooth ) for almost a week. I performed several hard resets and one firmware update to the same result. Lately I noticed that sometimes I can establish connection with my wireless router and sometimes I can not.
Any ideas ?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If hard resets and software updates aren't fixing your problem, it may be hardware related.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
connection, internet, registry, wi-fi, wifi