PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 06:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

phreekopath is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade or wait?

I'm the proud owner of a Verizon HTC Touch Pro. I bought it in March of last year.

In the mail a few months ago i got a notice from Verizon that i have an upgrade waiting for me. I thought I had used my NewEvery2 on my TP, so I figured it was that crappy once-a-year upgrade you can get once in a while, and I disregarded it.

I logged in to pay my bill and decided to check into it, and nope, to my surprise my new every 2 has been waiting since March of last year. Why it wasn't used on my TP, I do not know, and really don't care.

My question to you is, should I go ahead and burn it on a new phone now, or wait before I use it? Will I still have my NE2 next year if I didn't wait, or will it be another 2 years from the date I used it?

And IF I should upgrade now, or soon, what is on the Verizon Horizon (heh) that I should be looking forward to?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Upgrade or wait?

The tp2 is so much better than the tp on verizon. I say get the tp2. If you use your new every 2 then it will be two years before it is back.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

If you are open to new devices, you might want to check out some of the Android phones Verizon has to offer now and in the next couple of months. I was a die hard WinBlows user for many years but since I switched to Android a few months ago, I know now that I will never go back.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

phreekopath is a n00b

I swore to myself after my Moto E815 that I would never buy another motorola phone, so the droid is out, and I'm really partial to my hardware keyboard instead of of a touchscreen one, so that cancels the HTC droid eris.

The TP2 would still cost me $100, and it's relatively old hardware (as far as phones are concerned) and i know there's got to be a replacement on the way for it, or a comparable android-based device.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreekopath View Post
I swore to myself after my Moto E815 that I would never buy another motorola phone, so the droid is out, and I'm really partial to my hardware keyboard instead of of a touchscreen one, so that cancels the HTC droid eris.

The TP2 would still cost me $100, and it's relatively old hardware (as far as phones are concerned) and i know there's got to be a replacement on the way for it, or a comparable android-based device.
I'd sell my touch pro for like $150, then buy a good used pro2 for $250-$300, and not waste the contract deduction on a pro2, in probably 2 months or so you are going to really regret it I think. If you play your cards right you can only be out like $100 or $150 in the switch and still be out of contract.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

I would probably hold out for the HTC Desire/ Incredible/ Nexus One whats ever Verizon is going to call it. Last I heard they were saying April time frame for it to launch. If you really cant deal with a touch only device, you might wanna try the Touch Pro2 (weather you get one used or use you NE2) because I am still in love with my TP2 and I had the opportunity to trade my device for a Droid and $100 cash and I am really grad I didn't. The Droid Keyboard is no match for the TP@ and if you want Android, we are now running full Android on the TP2 much like you could do on your TP. I think that you should look up some info on the HTC Desire and see how amazing it looks. I believe the last I saw earlier today the screen shots of the Verizon version had it being called the Verizon HTC Incredible.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions