PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

vtraveler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tellme vs Bing vs Voice Command (Speach only, no Keyboard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy9749 View Post
Can I ask you how you get tellme? As far as I can tell it's only available on one phone, and the "extracted" version wouldn't install on my HTC HD2. Any tips on getting it, or getting the version I have to run?

Thanks
See attached. Unzip, copy to phone and then run with File Explorer or Total Commander to start installation. I don't use it anymore though. My experience is that its voice recognition is not that accurate and it is sluggish in its responsiveness on my Touch Pro 2. However, I do use both Voice Command and Bing, which I find are much better in both accuracy and responsiveness. You may have better results with the HD2's faster processor.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TellmeInstallClient.zip (29.6 KB, 129 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Tellme vs Bing vs Voice Command vs Google Maps *DOWNLOAD LINKS* (Speach, voice)

** Uploads, links, new versions **
thanks vtraveler, I've posted links & files on the 1st post now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work
Re: VOICE: Tellme, Bing, Voice Command, Google Maps *DOWNLOAD LINKS* (Speach, voice)

Thanks for this man! This is a great program! I love just telling my phone what to do, and it does it. I can't really play with it much right now, but looking forward to blowing it up later!

One thing, I want to try the whole 'tell me who calls' thing, BUT when I go to start,. settings, personal, I don't have the voice command prompt showing.

Where do you think it would be so that I can set that up? I checked Windows file's and nothing there, I checked Program Files, nothing, even checked my memory card, but I can't seem to find anything.

HELP!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: VOICE: Tellme, Bing, Voice Command, Google Maps *DOWNLOAD LINKS* (Speach, voice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabson View Post
Thanks for this man! This is a great program! I love just telling my phone what to do, and it does it. I can't really play with it much right now, but looking forward to blowing it up later!

One thing, I want to try the whole 'tell me who calls' thing, BUT when I go to start,. settings, personal, I don't have the voice command prompt showing.

Where do you think it would be so that I can set that up? I checked Windows file's and nothing there, I checked Program Files, nothing, even checked my memory card, but I can't seem to find anything.

HELP!
If you don't see voice command icon in settings/personal, then it's not installed. Ck the 1st post for Voice command links, download cab & install (double click cab in a file manager). Voice command is the BEST of all.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...tutorials.mspx

Check out help link, you can do all of this with voice command!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabson View Post

HELP!
** Known problems with 219xx ROMs (perhaps stock ROMs also) VC setup menu not showing up in settings/personal... see post #1
Old 10-10-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

udayse is becoming a great contributor

Update on missing voice setting link:

Just an update, I got it to work, The only way it would work for me, is if i installed the right version you suggest from your post and install it on the main memory (NOT storage card) and then soft reset. Your post suggests you installed it on your storage card

Thanks
Uday
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dopod
Carrier: bbWiFi

rayngm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtraveler View Post
See attached. Unzip, copy to phone and then run with File Explorer or Total Commander to start installation. I don't use it anymore though. My experience is that its voice recognition is not that accurate and it is sluggish in its responsiveness on my Touch Pro 2. However, I do use both Voice Command and Bing, which I find are much better in both accuracy and responsiveness. You may have better results with the HD2's faster processor.
I got an error message "There was a problem starting Tellme. Try again later" in running the TellmeInstallClient.exe on my storage card. I don't know what's the problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayngm View Post
I got an error message "There was a problem starting Tellme. Try again later" in running the TellmeInstallClient.exe on my storage card. I don't know what's the problem.
dopod: looks like it's more of a P RIM phone.. haven't dealt with in the states.

You've given almost no info.. if a windows phone & version 6.5x it should work fine, but the key setup to trigger tellme may differ... having said that, it looks like you can't even get it installed.

Basic troubleshooting should have you try to install to main memory first to see if you can get it to work! If low on memory, then move to SD... if then it doesn't work try a new SD.

If it doesn't work on main memory, re-download it, your DL could be bad.. heck the link could be bad by now.. if all the above fails, you now know the filename, google it & DL from another site.

FYI: I don't use tellme anymore at all. Here's what I do & why:

1. Web searches: BING using the voice softkey
2. Find any business, local retail, directions, to call them, etc.: GOOGLE MAPS using the phone Talk key to trigger.
3. Calling contacts, dialing phone numbers by the number, checking the time, appointments, pulling up all bookmarks & favorites in IE or Opera, (checking traffic, cams, listening to radio stations): VOICE COMMAND

tellme doesn't work well in a loud environment (in the car). Google Maps & Bing work great. If ever I'd use tellme it would be in my house when/if it was quite for voice to text translation only. Even then the results are mixed.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dopod
Carrier: bbWiFi

rayngm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
dopod: looks like it's more of a P RIM phone.. haven't dealt with in the states.

You've given almost no info.. if a windows phone & version 6.5x it should work fine, but the key setup to trigger tellme may differ... having said that, it looks like you can't even get it installed.

Basic troubleshooting should have you try to install to main memory first to see if you can get it to work! If low on memory, then move to SD... if then it doesn't work try a new SD.

If it doesn't work on main memory, re-download it, your DL could be bad.. heck the link could be bad by now.. if all the above fails, you now know the filename, google it & DL from another site.

FYI: I don't use tellme anymore at all. Here's what I do & why:

1. Web searches:</B> BING using the voice softke
2. Find any business, local retail, directions, to call them, etc.: </B>GOOGLE MAPS using the phone Talk key to trigger.
3. Calling contacts, dialing phone numbers by the number, checking the time, appointments, pulling up all bookmarks &amp; favorites in IE or Opera, (checking traffic, cams, listening to radio stations): VOICE COMMAND

tellme doesn't work well in a loud environment (in the car). Google Maps &amp; Bing work great. If ever I'd use tellme it would be in my house when/if it was quite for voice to text translation only. Even then the results are mixed.
Thanks for your informations. My device is a PPC running WM5. The DL unzipped exe file I got is only 73K, would it be a corrupted file?
I don't expect too much from this program, but just want a try.

Last edited by rayngm; 02-10-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:04 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayngm View Post
Thanks for your informations. My device is a PPC running WM5. The DL unzipped exe file I got is only 73K, would it be a corrupted file?
I don't expect too much from this program, but just want a try.
thanks, post 1 is updated, it had 3 links, now only 1, megaupload... that file looks to be the correct size.

I'm guessing ppcgeeks archives old stuff including attachments? don't know.. either that or there was some copyright issue & they simply searched their dbase & nixed them all??

Use megaupload

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions