View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tellme vs Bing vs Voice Command (Speach only, no Keyboard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayngm View Post
I got an error message "There was a problem starting Tellme. Try again later" in running the TellmeInstallClient.exe on my storage card. I don't know what's the problem.
dopod: looks like it's more of a P RIM phone.. haven't dealt with in the states.

You've given almost no info.. if a windows phone & version 6.5x it should work fine, but the key setup to trigger tellme may differ... having said that, it looks like you can't even get it installed.

Basic troubleshooting should have you try to install to main memory first to see if you can get it to work! If low on memory, then move to SD... if then it doesn't work try a new SD.

If it doesn't work on main memory, re-download it, your DL could be bad.. heck the link could be bad by now.. if all the above fails, you now know the filename, google it & DL from another site.

FYI: I don't use tellme anymore at all. Here's what I do & why:

1. Web searches: BING using the voice softkey
2. Find any business, local retail, directions, to call them, etc.: GOOGLE MAPS using the phone Talk key to trigger.
3. Calling contacts, dialing phone numbers by the number, checking the time, appointments, pulling up all bookmarks & favorites in IE or Opera, (checking traffic, cams, listening to radio stations): VOICE COMMAND

tellme doesn't work well in a loud environment (in the car). Google Maps & Bing work great. If ever I'd use tellme it would be in my house when/if it was quite for voice to text translation only. Even then the results are mixed.