PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

stimpson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Snapdragon's Awsome -but what to do...[LG IQ]

I just picked up a LG IQ from Telus, but I am not sure what to do....

I have come from a Touch Pro, so its a smokingly fast device, both from a responsiveness, and web surfing point of view, so there is my quandary. The 1 GHz realy DOES make a difference!!!

For what it does, its great, but the interface is far behind the latest Sence builds ( I have mostly used Energy ROM's on my Touch Pro - thanks NRG!!).

So I have a phone that does stuff FAST, but I miss all the bells and whistles of the new HTC software.

1. What to you guys think..should I keep the device, or go to a Touch Pro2, a known but much more limited hardware platform?

2. Do you think there will be enough interest to open it up and start building kitchens/ROMs?

3. Should I just live with it and put Spb shell or something on it?

Sadly the TP2 or the Omnia (1) really are the only WM options available directly from telus right now.

Ready to hear all thoughts.

If there is interest I will post a miny review in a couple of days...are you interested?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Re: Snapdragon's Awsome -but what to do...[LG IQ]

Just wait and pick up HD2 when it comes(soon enough) and you will have 4.3"/1gz/448ram and HTC goodies right out of the box

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 12-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Just wait and pick up HD2 when it comes(soon enough) and you will have 4.3"/1gz/448ram and HTC goodies right out of the box
+1 I'd get as much $ as I could and go for the HD2, that's the device I'm waiting for.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
+1 I'd get as much $ as I could and go for the HD2, that's the device I'm waiting for.

i concurr with both of u

Old 12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

when is it ACTUALLY coming out though?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It should hit T-Mobile somewhere between Christmas and New Years according to rumors.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

salivation :S

if it really comes out that soon I am ditching Sprint with the quickness

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
iq, lg, monaco, telus