PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

toastcfh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone....no way man

im a ppc!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...
Threadstarter

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

+1 for Codybear...w/o change i am phuked, I speak for my self...I welcome change..
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 PM
N00b

its whatever. but its kinda funny thinking about mac going to a pc site for help. but i cant wait to hear a iphone user asking for a tf3d port or if they can get wm on there device.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

before this gets completely out of hand, no, i don't think we should have an iphone section. alot of MEMBERS think this also. and this is our thread to talk and female dog about it. but guess what? there will still be an iphone section and i will still be a member. i just wish there would've been a discussion or vote rather than us just having to 'deal with it'.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 06-15-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
I'll repeat something I said in another thread, as it certainly pertains here:
The day you consider a mac a pc will be the day that statement has ground!!
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 PM
N00b

im curious... is there really alot u can do mod wise to an iphone? ive heard of the term jailbreaking it. which i asume is unlocking. but what else is there?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

I have no problem with this. There are numerous threads about iPhone apps and themes already on this site, so why not welcome the real thing? If you want to play music and show pretty pictures on an iPhone it is superior to WM. Other than that I think WM wins hands down. I work with someone who has an iPhone and every few days he comes in and says "look what my iPhone can do!" My Mogul spanks him every time.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Is that really the mentality you want to bring to this site? A bunch of "I'm better than you" bickering?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Is that really the mentality you want to bring to this site? A bunch of "I'm better than you" bickering?
thats what im wondering myself, looks like they are no better than apple fanboys either...

as a matter of fact, after jailbreaking you can do TONS of system tweaks and inner customization on the iPhone just like winmo and also multitask with "backgrounder" the only thing you are stuck with is the home layout even though you can create slick themes with the icons and a gif wallpaper
Old 06-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
I'll repeat something I said in another thread, as it certainly pertains here:
Well, technically the name of the site is PPCGeeks. One could make the argument that a Pocket Personal Computer would include devices like the Pre and iPhone even if they don't run Windows Mobile. Is a computer that runs Windows a PC? What if you re-format and install Linux on that same machine? Is it no longer a PC? Just asking.

When you look up pocket pc on Wiki, here is the first sentence of their article:
"A Pocket PC, abbreviated P/PC or PPC, is a hardware specification for a handheld-sized computer (Personal digital assistant) that runs the MicrosoftWindows Mobile operating system."

Now granted, the 2nd line says "It may have the capability to run an alternative operating system like NetBSD, Linux, Android or others. It has many of the capabilities of modern desktop PCs." ....but I think the point is that when people think of Pocket PC's, they think of Windows Mobile.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions